Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:11:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33289 times)
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:04:59 PM

I'll hold my tongue until we know anything.  My opinion of the AM folks is quite sour to begin with, won't flame on 'em until we know there is something to be mad about. 

That means we're watching, Friendcat. o.O

Cheesy
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:32:12 PM

Also, I wonder how friedcat and the shareholders feel about their ASICminer USB Block Erupters being scammed out of the warehouses by the workers and sold on eBay..

Source?

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
reactor

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:39:47 PM

If AM pulls another price cut in the time it takes them to deliver + people receive what is now backordered product, a pitchfork in my hand there shall be!

Seriously though, my usb hubs are getting lonely up in here.  Bummer. :/

With the new USB miners being released on July 10th, I can't see how the price of the old miners won't drop.

Also, I wonder how friedcat and the shareholders feel about their ASICminer USB Block Erupters being scammed out of the warehouses by the workers and sold on eBay..

Can you link to info on the new miners / July 10th date?  Toddler is in frenzy mode, computer access compromised. Cheesy
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:14:42 PM

lucky group 1 guys.... do we have info on the group 2 order?

Unfortunately, I don't have any updates beyond what I posted yesterday. friedcat has been paid for group buy #2, but has yet to provide me a tracking number or confirm whether or not the order has shipped. They're out of stock now, but I'd hope since we ordered last week we were well ahead of them running out of stock - hard to say without that tracking number.

As always, you'll find out as soon as I know something!

And yes, I'm quite surprised that pretty much everyone that was in group buy #1 received their packages overnight! Way to go, USPS!

While I appreciate a lot the efforts from kosmokramer, I am surprised that ASIC mining did not even reply your queries. Do they want the orders or not, they should at least acknowledge the reception of the order and give a status. Is there any formal way to get the status?
reactor

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:31:09 PM

No, it's when friendcat responds.  I got clarification, the 10th is when more inventory is expected to be in-hand for AM, then shipping to fill orders.  Still wish we knew if our orders was showing up before that, *could* have had 20 running right now from a different source.  Yarg! Sad

Oh well, that's life.  Smiley
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:45:33 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 08:02:48 PM by kosmokramer

Still wish we knew if our orders was showing up before that...

Basing this off of previous shipments:
Short of friedcat telling us exactly where we stand, I would say if I don't receive the shipment today, we most likely didn't make the cut before inventory ran out last week.

Please don't kill the messenger! I promptly made payment last Thursday and sent an email to ASICM around 11pm confirming such. I can't imagine what more I could have done as a group buy facilitator.

Thanks guys!

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

Looks like Eleuthria got hold of enough to fill all his current orders.... (According to what he posted on btc guild thread.) Maybe fried just got busy and looked this one over?   Seems that he has been still filling orders this week.... If so, you said he hasnt grabbed the coins yet, maybe he would be willing to cancel it so we could just send the coins to Eleuthria to fill the order?

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Looks like Eleuthria got hold of enough to fill all his current orders....

I spoke with eleuthria and it seems like he ordered that 1,000 around the same time I paid for group buy #2 - he just got the tracking info for it and it is expected to arrive around Friday. I would imagine we're in a similar position.

He confirmed that communication is significantly delayed, which is consistent with what I'm experiencing. All I can say is hold tight and either wait for word from friedcat or word from me about an unannounced delivery.

macromode

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:50:31 PM

Let's not get too worked up about any possible delays. The fact is KosmoKramer has done everything he can, he's been communicating with us clearly, and there's really nothing more we can do but sit tight. I'm secretly hoping that friedcat has run out of inventory, can't fulfill our order, and instead uses the proceeds from this group buy towards the alleged next-generation usb miner. We could either get them cheaper or with more hashing power. Isn't that a scenario to hope for? It'd be nice to get in on the last of these first generation usb miners. But it'd be even cooler to be among the first to hash on the next gen usb miners.
reactor

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:54:37 PM

Unless Friendcat is planning to "AsicMiner" us like they did on the 2btc > 1btc price drop, nobody has word of any next gen, they just need to make more.  That's what the 10th is (per Eleuthria in irc a few minutes ago), when FriendCat estimates having inventory again. 

And I don't think anyone is being hard on Kosmo, quite frankly I wouldn't want to be in his shoes being the middle-man when an unexpected delay occurs.   But no sense in moving an order to the Guild, he's only getting enough to cover backorders still, nothing will be available to order > ship yet, best you can do is get in a queue for when he will get *another* order, by which time we'll all be mining on the sticks Kosmo sent to us. Smiley

This isn't like a BFL hate fest, more of a prolonged "Awwww man!". Smiley
macromode

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:11:10 PM

Yes, no sense in moving any orders over to BTCGuild, for exactly the reasons stated by @reactor. Just didn't want the sentiment to boil over into any hate on kosmokramer, that's all.

Anybody want to post pics of their barren Anker USB hubs, or any other USB hubs, here while we wait?
reactor

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

I put them away, the cats were getting interested in all the wires.  Interesting though, since I decided to reinvest in things beyond trading (great move considering today, shiiiiiiiit), have shares in a KNC order, got involved in a BFL chip/hardware group buy, have 10 asic lights blinking at me like sexy dollar bills that wink every time they do something good, and got to know all the good folks on this thread while we wait semi-patiently for Friendy-Cat to update folks on inventory.

I think people get uppity because hardware is an arms race.  Like buying a car, before you sign the dotted line it has lost value.  So having it sooner than anyone else is always a win and any delay gets people called scammers, shills, bedwetters, etc.

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:49:07 PM

I put them away, the cats were getting interested in all the wires.  Interesting though, since I decided to reinvest in things beyond trading (great move considering today, shiiiiiiiit), have shares in a KNC order, got involved in a BFL chip/hardware group buy, have 10 asic lights blinking at me like sexy dollar bills that wink every time they do something good, and got to know all the good folks on this thread while we wait semi-patiently for Friendy-Cat to update folks on inventory.

I think people get uppity because hardware is an arms race.  Like buying a car, before you sign the dotted line it has lost value.  So having it sooner than anyone else is always a win and any delay gets people called scammers, shills, bedwetters, etc.

^^^ I agree exactly what reactor said ^^^

Nothing hash on kosmo at all, I just don't understand why AsicM does not reply us, I'd expect they do business in a more professional way. Delay with clearly communications will be fine, but no communication is bad.
buyer99

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:40:30 AM

Sorry, didn't want to be negative. Kramer has been no doubt awesome..  The erupters were flowing out well and then silence from AM on this order. Just discouraging, thats all. From Eleuthria's post it seemed like he may have somehow gotten enough to fill his backorders plus maybe a little extra. Was just throwing out the suggestion and again have zero problems with anything Kramer has done. I have also been secretly hoping that we may see some of the first of a new line... But, must say Im discouraged by lack of response for our order.

buyer99

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:45:46 AM

I also have USB hubs just hanging out. Ordered my first raspberry pi this week, so I should be very efficient once it's all said and done! Anybody else hosting miners on a Pi? cgminer  or bfgminer for these erupters on linux (raspian wheezy)? Currently Im running cgminer with the icarus timing options getting 333 no problems off my last win 7 GPU miner..

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:56:40 AM

Good news all!

friedcat informed me that your hardware shipped and provided me with a tracking number. I expect delivery in the next few business days. Thanks for your patience!

reactor

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:19:12 AM

Thanks kindly for the update.  Smiley
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:37:50 AM

Good news all!

friedcat informed me that your hardware shipped and provided me with a tracking number. I expect delivery in the next few business days. Thanks for your patience!

Best news I've heard today. Thanks Kosmo

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
mackstuart

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Good news all!

I knew fried would come on through.  Thats whats up.

buyer99

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 08:55:10 PM

That is whats up!! Thanks Kramer for the update! Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: