Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33282 times)
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:23:08 PM

Still nothing huh? Kinda feel like we are getting the shaft here.

Is there anything we can do to help expedite this?  I would even be willing to help facilitate the GP if that helps.  Please let me know.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:24:51 PM

Still nothing huh? Kinda feel like we are getting the shaft here.

Is there anything we can do to help expedite this?  I would even be willing to help facilitate the GP if that helps.  Please let me know.

I offered to help him out too in case he doesn't want to deal with it. I was a customer in this group buy and have some vouchers coming my way as well.

Kosmo seems honest enough, where I truly believe that Friedcat hasn't got in contact with him yet. I'm sure we will all hear from him once that happens. Friedcat is a very busy man I imagine.

I just wish coupons were issued to all distributors at the same time, it is very amateurish of ASICMINER to be this disorganized when it comes to .10 vouchers. I am slightly frustrated at that situation (not with the group buy facilitators, but ASICMINER/Friedcat.)
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:06:07 PM

I have sent two emails with no response. A few resellers were going to ask friedcat if they could sell on my behalf but I've heard no updates on that front.

I apologize if you feel shafted and I encourage you to tell me if there's something more I can do here. As far as I know, if friedcat doesn't make the offer, the offer is not available. I assure you I have not claimed the discounted hardware for myself; I have absolutely no interest in selling or operating block erupters. I have multiple other ASIC projects consuming my limited free time as it is.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:24:39 AM

I've got two other orders that I placed with the Guild and I have gotten Zero coupons for my orders there. I did post asking Eleuthria what the deal (considering that other resellers are claiming 100% coupons on previous orders.) He said that those vendors are not yet fulfilling those promises and that there are plans to extend the promotion....

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:42:43 PM

I've got two other orders that I placed with the Guild and I have gotten Zero coupons for my orders there. I did post asking Eleuthria what the deal (considering that other resellers are claiming 100% coupons on previous orders.) He said that those vendors are not yet fulfilling those promises and that there are plans to extend the promotion....

Yeah from what I understand the promotion has not actually happened yet for anybody at all. Some re-sellers are offering the discounted units but none of them have actually shipped from AM yet and I'm not even sure the details of the coupon system have even been worked out yet. Otherwise I think they would have makd an announcement about it, or at least contacted somebody who would on their behalf.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

Yeah from what I understand the promotion has not actually happened yet for anybody at all. Some re-sellers are offering the discounted units but none of them have actually shipped from AM yet and I'm not even sure the details of the coupon system have even been worked out yet. Otherwise I think they would have makd an announcement about it, or at least contacted somebody who would on their behalf.

BTC Guild has supplied the 1100 coupon units it received, almost all of them have already shipped (75 are not yet claimed).  This accounts for approximately 25% of the orders that were placed at the 1.05 BTC price.  I have heard from ASICMINER that they will be extending this coupon/promotion, but have not set any dates.

As far as I'm aware, all resellers are operating under the same situation;  They have 'X' units available to fill coupons already, and have distributed or are in the process of distributing them.  As of this time we're not able to order extra units to supply those coupons to the remaining orders.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:52:28 AM

BTC Guild has supplied the 1100 coupon units it received, almost all of them have already shipped (75 are not yet claimed).  This accounts for approximately 25% of the orders that were placed at the 1.05 BTC price.  I have heard from ASICMINER that they will be extending this coupon/promotion, but have not set any dates.

As far as I'm aware, all resellers are operating under the same situation;  They have 'X' units available to fill coupons already, and have distributed or are in the process of distributing them.  As of this time we're not able to order extra units to supply those coupons to the remaining orders.
I second that eleuthria. Unfortunately the rumor mill goes on... We, as resellers have made our posts and anyone can read them if they choose to.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:07:13 PM

BTC Guild has supplied the 1100 coupon units it received, almost all of them have already shipped (75 are not yet claimed).  This accounts for approximately 25% of the orders that were placed at the 1.05 BTC price.  I have heard from ASICMINER that they will be extending this coupon/promotion, but have not set any dates.

As far as I'm aware, all resellers are operating under the same situation;  They have 'X' units available to fill coupons already, and have distributed or are in the process of distributing them.  As of this time we're not able to order extra units to supply those coupons to the remaining orders.
I second that eleuthria. Unfortunately the rumor mill goes on... We, as resellers have made our posts and anyone can read them if they choose to.

Yes the major re sellers have been accounted for i.e. BTCGuild. But AM has made little attempt to give information to anybody else. As part of this smaller group buy I can't get the eruptors entitled to me and I can't get a coupon from BTCGuild or anywhere else so here I sit angry at AM yet again. They have the nerve to drop prices 50% TWICE in a matter of month and then promise discounted units, but so far only to select customers. Their business model is growing increasingly suspect and I'm losing respect for friedcat by the day

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
buyer99

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:59:54 PM

I have read every single thing I can find and I'm certainly not trying to start any rumors.. Multiple resellers have mentioned the possibility of more coupons. I guess I just like the way that SilentSonicBoom states he's handling his orders.. By providing coupons to 30% of all orders up to this point.. Not the latest 30%. I'm not mad, I'm just so discouraged because the way things have unforunately played out for me. I have purchased erupters at ~2 BTC and ~1BTC from multiple vendors.. I jumped on early (maybe just a lil too early) and here I sit with a total of Zero coupons.  Undecided

pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:30:27 AM

FINALLY!

Grin

Payment made for the 104 Block Erupter USBs:

https://blockchain.info/tx/cc5af69357c5336b85458b3c0137fe4f49b35b88eafafc1cae17c263dce65ea0

Friedcat estimated that he will be able to ship from 11th August. If that happens I will got the the parcel up to 14th August. I will start the re-shipment as soon as possible. That means UK buyers will got their orders up to 16th August. I estimate that the other buyers will receive their orders up to 23th August.

A happy weekend to everyone!

very strange...
somehow my other group buyer, also unofficial, also with initial price over 2BTC was somehow able to contact friedcat through PM and receive promo units for his customers.
Why wouldn't you?
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:31:44 AM

FINALLY!

Grin

Payment made for the 104 Block Erupter USBs:

https://blockchain.info/tx/cc5af69357c5336b85458b3c0137fe4f49b35b88eafafc1cae17c263dce65ea0

Friedcat estimated that he will be able to ship from 11th August. If that happens I will got the the parcel up to 14th August. I will start the re-shipment as soon as possible. That means UK buyers will got their orders up to 16th August. I estimate that the other buyers will receive their orders up to 23th August.

A happy weekend to everyone!

very strange...
somehow my other group buyer, also unofficial, also with initial price over 2BTC was somehow able to contact friedcat through PM and receive 0.1 BTC promo units for his customers.
Why wouldn't you?
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:53:40 AM

Why wouldn't you?

As stated before, I cannot control anything other than my attempts at contacting friedcat. After reading your statement, I realized that while I have sent friedcat several emails on the subject, I have yet to PM him. As such, I just made one final effort to claim these coupons via PM. I understand that may make some of you frustrated, but unfortunately, the entire deal relies solely on friedcat choosing to offer me the coupons, which he hasn't yet.

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:41:12 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 09:58:47 PM by kosmokramer

Positive response has been received from friedcat.

Discounted pricing has been extended from ASICM! - extending to you at 0.195 BTC each

I am strictly serving previous customers at this point. If you purchased any Block Erupter USB from me, you are now eligible to receive a discounted quantity of additional Block Erupter USB at only 0.195 each. The pricing is based on an average of the time and materials required from me on all previous orders, and also is less than the average amount customers reported they would be willing to pay if I resumed selling these discounted units. The maximum quantity you are eligible for is equal to the total amount you previously purchased from me.

IMPORTANT: ASICM is only providing me with 30% of the discounted hardware at present, and it's been advised by official re-sellers that the 30% is to be distributed on a 1:1 basis starting with most recent orders. Essentially, at this point, you're only going to be eligible if you participated in one of my two group buys, which started on 6/25/2013. Orders prior to that are not eligible at this point.

If your order was placed prior to 6/25/2013, please feel free to still fill out the form and make payment and once friedcat delivers 100% of hardware at the discounted price, yours will immediately ship.

Please complete this form and also make payment (as form instructs) to claim your discounted Block Erupter USB.

Shipping will be via USPS Priority and is included in the above pricing.

TIME LIMIT
I will set a timer for 7 days. If you participated in a group buy on or after 6/25/2013 and do not claim your discounted units within 7 days, you will forfeit them.

Your order will ship as soon as hardware is received even if the timer is still going. I will try to personally contact anyone who purchased more than 20 units previously as they have the most to gain with this promotion.

Timer removed. End time: 2013-08-23+14:00:00

Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:50:12 PM

Too much $$$$$  Now.. 

agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

Too much $$$$$  Now.. 

I think the point is to curb high demand.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:32:10 PM

Positive response has been received from friedcat.

Discounted pricing has been extended from ASICM! - extending to you at 0.195 BTC each

I am strictly serving previous customers at this point. If you purchased any Block Erupter USB from me, you are now eligible to receive a discounted quantity of additional Block Erupter USB at only 0.195 each. The pricing is based on an average of the time and materials required from me on all previous orders, and also is less than the average amount customers reported they would be willing to pay if I resumed selling these discounted units. The maximum quantity you are eligible for is equal to 30% of your previous purchase quantity, rounded down to whole units. The formula to calculate that would be: "quantity of units previously purchased from me" x 0.3 ... (rounded down)

Examples:

Previously Ordered (total)        Eligible for x Units at 0.195 BTC Each
        0-3                                                 0
        4-6                                                 1
        7-9                                                 2
        10-13                                              3
        14-16                                              4
        17-19                                              5
        20+                                                 do the math...

Please complete this form and also make payment (as form instructs) to claim your discounted Block Erupter USB.

Shipping will be via USPS Priority and is included in the above pricing.

TIME LIMIT
I will set a timer for 7 days. All previous customers have that amount of time to claim their discounted units; any hardware left after that time will be considered forfeited. Your order will ship as soon as hardware is received even if the timer is still going. I will try to personally contact anyone who purchased more than 20 units previously as they have the most to gain with this promotion. After 7 days, all remaining discounted units will be made available for public purchase at the same price as I have no interest in operating these units or maintaining inventory.

I'm completing this task not because I stand to gain much at all, but because I've received an overwhelming number of requests from previous customers requesting such.

Timer removed. End time: 2013-08-23+14:00:00

glad you got an answer back! Smiley
unless you got instructions from friedcat to the contrary, the coupon promo is intended to be 1:1.  you can't skip those who bought less than 3 units, people are already pissed about coupons, or lack thereof for 100% at the moment no need to upset smaller buyers further.  the 30% does not mean folks get 30% based on the order.
30% means that the newest 30% of purchasers get he coupon first.  70% will follow later for a grand total of everyone getting a coupon 1:1

so say you sold 1000 units and received 300 units for the coupons (this is an example only)... then you take the latest 300 ordered units from that 1000 and they get the 300 coupons 1:1.

it is designed to lessen the price drop "shocks" which effect mostly the latest buyers.

hope this helps.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:52:40 PM

30% means that the newest 30% of purchasers get he coupon first. 
it is designed to lessen the price drop "shocks" which effect mostly the latest buyers.

I was advised that I was eligible to receive a quantity of discounted units equal to 30% of my previous order volume.  I received guidelines, but none identical to what you stated. If that is how the larger re-sellers are fulfilling requests, then I will follow suit.

I will update my post accordingly so even recent customers who ordered as few as one can claim their discounted units. Essentially, at this point, you're only going to be eligible if you participated in one of my two group buys, which started on 6/25/2013. Orders prior to that are not eligible at this point. If you do not claim your discounted units within 7 days, you will forfeit them.

If your order was prior to 6/25/2013, please feel free to still fill out the form and make payment and once friedcat delivers 100% of hardware at the discounted price, yours will immediately ship.

I will not entertain pricing discussion other than to say I put a lot of consideration into determining a fair price. Most customers who PM'd me suggested comfort at a price equal-to-or-higher than 0.2 BTC if I would consider re-selling again, even publicly.

buyer99

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

Awesome job Kramer!! Price is fine with me... Happy!

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:18:25 PM

30% means that the newest 30% of purchasers get he coupon first. 

I was advised that I was eligible to receive a quantity of discounted units equal to 30% of my previous order volume.  I received guidelines, but none identical to what you stated. If that is how the larger re-sellers are fulfilling requests, then I will follow suit.

I will update my post accordingly so even recent customers who ordered as few as one can claim their discounted units. Essentially, at this point, you're only going to be eligible if you participated in one of my two group buys, which started on 6/25/2013. Orders prior to that are not eligible at this point. If you do not claim your discounted units within 7 days, you will forfeit them.

If your order was prior to 6/25/2013, please feel free to still fill out the form and make payment and once friedcat delivers 100% of hardware at the discounted price, yours will immediately ship.

I will not entertain pricing discussion other than to say I put a lot of consideration into determining a fair price. Most customers who PM'd me suggested comfort at a price equal-to-or-higher than 0.2 BTC if I would consider re-selling again, even publicly.

I'm good with the price, it seems fair.   Confused on why the ones bought off bitmit are not eligible? Those were the highest priced ones?

Anyway I guess this means if it is 100% I can get 15, or only 3 if 30% after 6/25. Ok to pay for the 15?

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:38:46 PM

Essentially, at this point, you're only going to be eligible if you participated in one of my two group buys, which started on 6/25/2013. Orders prior to that are not eligible at this point.

Why this? I bought and paid for qty of 10 on Jun 11th.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: