Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:56:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

In my opinion, no bitcoins can never replace gold.
Bitcoins may be better at many things , like it's dual nature of an asset and a currency, it's fluctuating value and a major one that it is a digital currency.
But gold is a precious limited earth metal , it is a physical asset that makes People think that it is safe.
Gold and Bitcoins have some things is common like they both are limited and used as an asset .
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:24:45 PM

I think no,  gold is preciouse metals which all people s are love it,  and also the paper money is just the representation of gold but now the government is just print it regardless the amount of gold, this is so bad its makes the inflation become worst. 

lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

I dont think gold and btc are in the same level i mean we know that gold is a precious metal while on the other hand btc is a crytocurrency that a has value so i dont think that btc will replace gold cause they're not the same in the first place.

Subzy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:33:18 PM

Bitcoin and gold are two parallel lines that will probably never meet.

They both have their unique market share.

So, I don't think the issue of one replacing the other will arise
Thegiftedone

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

Bitcoins are already the second gold! They have real value. Just a short time and people will start killing to reach it -_-
Jeger

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

Yes I think so, Bitcoin will replace gold in the future because of the advantages Bitcoin has.
Bitcoin is super safe, what I mean by safe is that if there is something happening to your country ex: conflicts, disasters, etc , this will not destroy your Bitcoins because it is digital. If you are going to sell your gold, you are an easy target for the robbers since they will know that you are bringing gold with you but not with Bitcoins. If you are practicing a safe Bitcoin transactions, there is a slim to zero chance that someone know you are carrying your Bitcoins to your local seller(?).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:07:02 PM

I hope so. day by day Bitcoin is becoming a profitable platform so that people have got it as a profit-making machine. on the other hand, Gold has a still good impression on the general people. gold is a proved and trusted tool for saving for the future purpose. that is my point, Bitcoin has to achieve credibility as much as gold has. otherwise, it will happen.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:08:48 PM

For the future of course can, but for now or 10 years again it seems very difficult because the market share of gold is very large and become the reference of foreign exchange of all countries.
Not only that. Gold is a precious metal and have been an investment here on world since the beggining of time.I cant see a thing that it would be replaced by Bitcoin which its just a digital currency.It might surpass golds value but talking on the support i would say gold would really have the edge.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 01:14:06 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
Gold and Bitcoin are two different things. Yes they are being compared in terms of value, but they are used differently. Gold is physical and is being used in jewelries and other expensive stuff. Bitcoin on the other hand is virtual and only used online. So gold being replaced by Bitcoin? Probably not..

josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
Yes of course i think after 10-20 years the bitcoin will replaced the gols becuase there are many investor that will invest in bitcoin so that's why the value of bitcoin will going rise so bitcoin is much better than gold after 10-20 years .
chip211

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:37:54 PM

This is impossible, it can not replace gold because no one knows what will happen to the crypto market.  But gold will not have any item that can replace its value in the future.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

Bitcoins are already the second gold! They have real value. Just a short time and people will start killing to reach it -_-

I think people will not even kill someone or even think to kill someone because of bitcoin. There are a lot of alternatives to get bitcoin which is not that really hard. Faucets are one way to get them the only problem is it is so hard and so time consuming, but if you really are wanting to have one, you must be patient. If you want it fast, then the easiest way is to either mine them or buy it.
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:57:02 PM

now bitcoin has proved that he is the best of gold, even now bitcoin has a lot of interest from among investors who buy it from gold.

Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:58:59 PM

Bitcoin can never replace gold cause gold is a natural resources given by God,  it has been in existence from time, bitcoin cannot take its place. Bitcoin can be of more value in terms of price, but gold remains.
Bitcoin can end if the internet shutdown, but gold does not have an end.
sebasman2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:59:38 PM

I have no clue why people keep on comparing gold to btc, it's something completely different! Gold is very physic while bitcoin is completely the opposite (virtual).
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:10:48 PM

I have no clue why people keep on comparing gold to btc, it's something completely different! Gold is very physic while bitcoin is completely the opposite (virtual).

Correct. I think it is because of the same way it was being done. Mining like gold and also the image which is a golden yellow.
But those cannot be compared just like that. That is the mistake most people make. They think of it like an unreal thing because of bitcoin being virtual. The fact that most people wants something they could keep physically makes bitcoin nothing. They should see it first.
Pandacomel

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:51:02 PM

Bitcoin will not replace the gold .Eventhought the prices of bitcoin is more expensive that gold .The prices of the gold also still increase by the years .So Btc can't replace gold if the prices of the gold still increase dramatically.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:57:39 PM

I don't know, but i think something may do or gold will just lose its value eventually. When asteroid mining starts to emerge and the markets are flooded with precious metals (gold) there's no way it can keep its value.

:]
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:01:39 AM

gold and bitcoin have their respective values, gold is relatively stable value and made standard in the financial value, but bitcoin prices tend to fluctuate and relatively high price so good for the investment today

negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:11:49 AM

I don’t think that bitcoin will replace gold, for a number of reasons.
1. Gold doesn’t require electricity to trade and this makes it useful in many situations when bitcoin can't.
2. Bticoin is strictly form of currency, but gold has many other time-tested applications like jewelry, dentistry, electronics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: