Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Schools Are Officially Accepting Bitcoin for Tuition  (Read 6481 times)
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:58:22 AM

if bitcoin is used for school finances it seems so terrible and risky but if using only technology like blockchain it seems very good because blockchain is able to record all transactions using blockchain system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:37:53 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

https://futurism.com/schools-accepting-bitcoin-tuition/

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

That is really good to hear that schools are now accepting Bitcoin as a payment method. I really thought that Bitcoin is widely used as a kind of investment. Now, we are making progress to accept Bitcoin by different institutions/people/companies.
As roma

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:30:12 AM

And my question is then whether the school will also try to make a profit with the bitcoin already obtained? If so, the focus will be split. This is actually good news but it will also be feared it will not be managed properly and make it too commercial.

It is very interesting and it is good news that bitcoin is acceptable everywhere, for current holders and bitcoin users to facilitate payment of education. Especially for students who can pay their own tuition from bitcoin. With this step, further development of cryptocurrency is coming and more and more people will be able to see the true benefits of this.
dragon 88

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:50:29 AM

Of course this will be good news for the development, because what has happened in South Korea shows that cryptocurrency has prospects, and will bring many benefits for the economy in the future.
Gummybear67

Activity: 188

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:23:01 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.
This is such a wonderful news! 🎉  this is a win-win situation for parents and students! This will really help alot for students who wants to help their parents paying for their tuition or other miscellaneous fees and vice versa and maybe someday, the acceptance of bitcoin currency will be worldwide and with that more schools and universities will embrace it as a payment.
CryptoManiac3

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:05:17 AM

This is great, educating people on crypto. Might actually persuade a lot of parents to look into cryptocurrency. Alot of people legit aren't even aware of the fact that it's meant to be used as a currency
Thing thing

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:06:53 AM

This would be a great step further for future students and even parents can hold bitcoin now for their kids to later uses if they get into colleges. But the fact that it is possible to pay for training in my country by bitcoin has become a big dig in Russia for me. I can not believe that bitcoin is so close, very soon we will be able to pay with it in a store, a cafe... Very soon!
luan la

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:14:43 AM

For me, you can only pay for them, and if someone hopes to get them to study they just get the extra pay they will pay for it. so it's better for me.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:29:17 AM

Well I think this is clearly a very good sign that bitcoin and cryptocurrency have a future of staying and growing and hopefully be legalized and centralized for good. It would be very beneficial for all of us here.
zap2per

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:39:03 PM

At least the high educational system sees that the right choice to move forward are definitely the cryptocurrencies. I've noticed that universities including both professors and students are very attracted to the blockchain technology and are eager to learn and implement them in many usecases. Projects should look into organising more events at interested parties. Wink

Yes, it's encouraging that the educated people like the idea of block chain tech and that they're supportive of it.
biangkerok

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:44:47 PM

Well I think this is clearly a very good sign that bitcoin and cryptocurrency have a future of staying and growing and hopefully be legalized and centralized for good. It would be very beneficial for all of us here.
for some countries that accept bitcoin as their payment tool, this is very likely to happen. but there are still many countries that prohibit bitcoin as a means of payment in their country. hopefully this good news can be followed by the development of bitcoin in other countries.
Liona88

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:50:49 PM

its apparantly unreliable info link, contradiction is being traced in every line
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

Great idea. At least we can now truly say we can use bitcoins to pay almost for anything. This is I think for me a great feat for bitcoins now that even universities are open to such form of payment. Bitcoins are the key to living a full life in the digital era that is fast approaching.

nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

This is not anymore a shocking moment because bitcoin has become in demand nowadays, it can be used to various and different institutions whenever they seen potential and also they would like to take the risk of accepting cryptocurrency especially bitcoin. There are risks indeed, example, if a school accepts bitcoin as payment and unfortunately, when they already accepted the bitcoin as payment for tuition and issued receipt, the price has break down immediately, what is its effect to the school? Its loss for sure. So institutions should, be very knowledgeable about this to manage such risks.
alizalela7

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:01:15 PM

It would be great if college or even college would accept a bitcoin or altcoin tuition if the students are going to make free btc programs for them to pay. fees for the school
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

Wow, that is totally a good news. This kind of topic is good to hear, I think this could be a stepping stone for that country to accept bitcoin in other areas like mini stores etc. And I think some countries can also adopt the improvement in the Switzerland.

GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

I think it is a good news because there are now some educational institutions that are now accepting bitcoin as payment for tuition fees. There is a high chance the the cashless society will happen because the blockchain technology is becoming more popular than before.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

That's really possible to use bitcoin  for payment, if that school  accepted payment that's really good. I'm sure Bitcoin in Switzerland are totally accepted their government I hope our my country also accepting like that but before that I hope our government here make an additional Internet Speed because until now I think we are a number one user of Cellphone in ASIA but the quality of Internet here is too much lower.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:20:42 PM

Wow! This is an amazing news! This is a clear sign that bitcoin is widely adopted now as currency and maybe in a short time, it will become a global currency and more and more merchants, schools and even supermarket will accept bitcoin as payment.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

Well one school accepting Bitcoin for tuition from millions of schools isn't much if you look at the bigger picture. But I guess its a start. And the Venezuelan government created its own currency instead of using the Bitcoin. But one thing to look after is that the adoption rate of Bitcoin is growing at a steady rate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: