Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Schools Are Officially Accepting Bitcoin for Tuition  (Read 6477 times)
Jake052478 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:03:54 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

https://futurism.com/schools-accepting-bitcoin-tuition/

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:06:20 AM

Caveats such as...? Could you elaborate on that?

Haha yeah good old Switzerland. They're really on the ball with their cryptocurrencies. D
I wish Canada was more like this but we'll get there someday. Not like I'm looking for an education at this point either way!
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:55:44 AM

This is a good news for people who have lots of bitcoin but I don't think they have financial problems for them to be using their bitcoin. And as for me who is investing on bitcoin hoping to be rich someday I dont think I'll be using my bitcoin cause it will defeat the reason why I hodl bitcoin.

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:03:07 AM

its a good news that schools accepting bitcoin so their parents which have bitcoin can pay for their kids and this is a good sign for education world and soon people will realize about bitcoin. we can see more schools accepting bitcoin once the government or another schools read about the news. and yes bitcoin is make our life become simple and easier because we can have another selection to pay what we buy in internet and in real life.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:12:06 AM

It is good start for the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland to adopt bitcoin as tuition to their student. Hoping here in my country adopt bitcoin as tuition in colleges and universities like what they did by lucerne university. The initial start of adopting bitcoin as tuition in Lucerne University have a big impact in crypto world and i think there are possibility some schools and colleges in other country do what lucerne did.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:19:48 AM

I think this is the best news for the start of my week, i knew Switzerland definitely had something up their sleeve because their system accommodates a lot of currencies and i knew bitcoin wouldn't be an exception even though it's suffered a lot of public bashing. Well done Lucerne University of Applied Sciences, it's an eye opener.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

Wow I wish I was studying on that school so I can directly use my bitcoin to pay my tuition fee. It is a very good thing for the students who have bitcoin. I think that school has lots of people (students and teachers) that are bitcoin holders and user that is why it is implemented. It is hassle for me to first convert my bitcoin into fiat then pay my tuition and other expenses in my school because if I am converting bitcoin I have to pay extra fee but if it is directed to school I have no any extra fees to pay. Paying tuition by means of bitcoin is much more helpful to me becuase I can make sure that my money will.not be dedicated to other unimportant things.
How I wish my school notice bitcoin and accept it.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:22:42 AM

From the article:
Link: shared by OP

”to see universities around the world to not only accept them as payment, but also introduce courses focused on blockchain technology”.

This one is my thread regarding this issue:
Link:(Bitcoin in College???)

I’m just happy to share this that I have the same idea of what the future may bring. I don’t say it is right or wrong but in someone like me who are open-minded for possibilities and innovation to educate and to spread it to all younger generations is a fulfilling journey that might bitcoin will be into.

In due time, students(all related to technologies) will not be ignorant in this aspect again.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:27:25 AM

This is amazing news for the Bitcoin world. With more educational institutions readying up to accept Bitcoin for tuition fees, its going to be easier access to education. With this in place, expect the education system to add digital currency and how it works into their syllabi which is furthermore great news for the whole cryptocurrency market.
opcrypt44

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:28:23 AM

That's great news. And as the prices rises an education will cost less and less for those who get in now.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

In my Country, Those schools that is accepting bitcoin for school fees are those school that is so very expensive.
I think They pay 1000 Peso Per unit so almost Million of a semester.

But, in other Point it is good Also. Still hoping That Bitcoin will be accepted to any kinds of merchants. not just only in schools
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:31:04 AM

I think this is the best news for the start of my week, i knew Switzerland definitely had something up their sleeve because their system accommodates a lot of currencies and i knew bitcoin wouldn't be an exception even though it's suffered a lot of public bashing. Well done Lucerne University of Applied Sciences, it's an eye opener.

And the news had my attention on the "Lucerne doesn’t expect many of its students to pay with bitcoin initially, but believes those who understand the currency will be among the first to take advantage of the option". Given that bitcoin really is not yet fully regulated in other countries, this could also prove that their are countries who still trust and is allotting funds for their economy. This issue can even start innovation of bitcoin for other purposes.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:39:00 AM

Is this the first of its kind? A school are now accepting bitcoin for tuition?

Switzerland again proves that they are really bitcoin friendly nation. This could really affect how bitcoin is being adopted in that country. Although they are not expecting many students to used bitcoin as payment method in the beginning, but as soon as the schools open this will be the hottest topic on the campus. And next year I'm expecting that their will be significant increase in using bitcoin as tuition fee payment. Every students want to be in the latest "craze", --Bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 04:40:41 AM

Most schools are going online or face disappearing.  This is a ploy to lure in dumbos.  Don't be a sheep.
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 04:42:36 AM

And the news had my attention on the "Lucerne doesn’t expect many of its students to pay with bitcoin initially, but believes those who understand the currency will be among the first to take advantage of the option". Given that bitcoin really is not yet fully regulated in other countries, this could also prove that their are countries who still trust and is allotting funds for their economy. This issue can even start innovation of bitcoin for other purposes.

It doesn't expect ANY of its students to pay with Bitcoin.  Let's be real here.  Give me a friggin' break.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:44:23 AM

These are quite small countries to begin with. Nothing is going to change unless the big sharks adopt the method. Moreover before it is implied in school fees. It must enter the school curriculum so people get to know more about it.
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:04:47 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 05:55:33 AM by wolfracer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I think this has been the most ignorant and unfounded comment I have read in this forum. Tell me the name at one Venezuelan university that accepts bitcoin, if only selling dollars is illegal there (and everything is done by black market) btc is no exception. I invite you to talk to a Venezuelan (that surely there must be several in your country)  and so, you have a look of its true situation. Embrace?! What "truly embrace" that country is the hyperinflation that surrounds them, and forces millions of Venezuelans to leave like rats of that laboratory.

LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:13:29 AM

That's still a good news to crypto world,even if it just a small influence,it will make bitcoin one step closer to be a currency not just an investment
I hope there will be many more bitcoin adopter and make bitcoin known by the whole world
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:42:11 AM

Another good news for bitcoin. Few weeks ago, bitcoin is accepted as a payment of tax, a payment for an apartment, a house and other things and now tuition fee. Bitcoin is really becoming mainstream but still it needs a little push. There are still so many people who do not know about it because of various reasons and for us bitcoin enthusiasts should do our share in continuing to share the information to other people. We don't need to convince them to invest on it but just inform them that a certain currency exist and it might be an important part in the future.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:42:45 AM

This is a very positive step for Bitcoins, I remember last year there was a article saying some schools in Asia was accepting and now a proper university, this just keeps on getting better and better, just think about it, some day Oxford and Harvard may adopt it to, and that should be massive. This year it seems every one wants a pie of the Bitcoin. All the negativity gone, people are finally understanding it's worth. If I remember correct swizz had started accepting Bitcoins for tourism, this time they got it in education to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: