Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Schools Are Officially Accepting Bitcoin for Tuition  (Read 6487 times)
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

That is a great news. And there are universities starting offer classes about bitcoins/block chain technology. The younger generation is embracing the bitcoins.  The block chain technology will have a great future and we will see more and more real word usages of it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:39:36 AM

That is a great news. And there are universities starting offer classes about bitcoins/block chain technology. The younger generation is embracing the bitcoins.  The block chain technology will have a great future and we will see more and more real word usages of it.
I have yet to see any examples of major schools teaching about the blockchain or including it as main components in their courses instead of just having Bitcoin as a case study in some philosophy classes or a minor part of an economics class. I think there were a few universities that were offering various courses which included portions that related to the blockchain, but I don't think that there was anything that was exclusive about Bitcoin or decentralized business.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:49:30 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

https://futurism.com/schools-accepting-bitcoin-tuition/

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

Wow! This news is awesome! It is only one of the things that shows that Bitcoin is now being embraced by different communities all around the world. People are now slowly adapting and accepting Bitcoin as a part of their lives. I hope that after a few years, schools and universities will include Bitcoin education on their curriculum.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:53:32 AM

Universities are embracing accepting bitcoin for tuition, with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland the latest school to adopt. If anything, it's another clear sign the cryptocurrency is here to stay.

Even so... Bitcoin has been used to buy homes, and countries like Venezuela and Vietnam are beginning to truly embrace the currency. Now, certain universities are adopting the payment method of bitcoin for tuition, albeit with a few caveats.

Wow! This news is awesome! It is only one of the things that shows that Bitcoin is now being embraced by different communities all around the world. People are now slowly adapting and accepting Bitcoin as a part of their lives. I hope that after a few years, schools and universities will include Bitcoin education on their curriculum.
Year back itself a school located in India started to accept bitcoin,bit in reality how the service got extended is the one that gives an clear information about the growth. Right now as in the link several institutions accepting bitcoin for tuition is a good good move and this will help in the increased circulation which is required for continued growth.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

Woaaaah is it good to know i hope my country also accepts it as a payment huhuhuhuhu.. I am working on bitcoinbhere and hoping to pay my tuition fees also without the help from my parents because we are not like the rich people..
If switzerland start that and if it will exposed in social media maybe other school will get attracted to that tooo..

The future of bitcoin is starting and get stronger and stronger
I CAN'T WAIT WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT YEAR!!
We do hope the same in here but then how would that be possible if our governments don't allow everyone to let this happen. We always think of better ways but when will be heard? I'm expecting so much for this to happen like we won't suffer from inconvenience transaction for payments like this. Tuition fees increase almost every year and it's a good chance for bitcoin to touch also in paying tuition fee which is very important for parents. But I will wait for this to come.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:51:15 PM

It's nice to see university also accept bitcoin especially when this world getting advance , our people also need to learn advance as well
Bitcoin is unique technology and their existence need some adoption in order to get accept by all people around the world
The value of the bitcoin is going high and now most of the people are making the use of the bitcoin. The value of the bitcoin is high because of the huge investing for profit. It is the very good news for the school and the university students, the people are gaining high profit through this so I like the use of the bitcoin for all the people the rich and the poor.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:00:32 PM

That's a blessing for those who have inadequate funds in cash in hand, and can't afford to study solely on credit. Bitcoin is a great approach towards a payment option of tuition fess. This will also help to spread to other institutions and it can't be universally used compared to few institutions today.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:06:55 PM

This is a good news. Because this is the beginning of the change of our way of payments. And it's getting started this year so let's get ready and multiply lots of bitcoins because of the number of countries that get it. The price of bitcoins is at the same time so our money will grow bigger
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:07:12 PM

To accept bitcoins for tuition is a very good idea. Students can remotely earn their education. Young people from poor families will have the opportunity to acquire education. If all students will be expected to pay for their education they will be more motivated to get a good education. Universities will not be random people.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:07:04 PM

That's a blessing for those who have inadequate funds in cash in hand, and can't afford to study solely on credit. Bitcoin is a great approach towards a payment option of tuition fess. This will also help to spread to other institutions and it can't be universally used compared to few institutions today.
Practically speaking I have to disagree with you here. If a student doesn't have the money to pay high rates for higher education on credit or cash, then what makes you think they would have that kind of money in bitcoin?
In some cases this might apply but that number will be next to nothing.

Nevertheless it's great that education institutions start accepting bitcoin. Another step in the right direction, we're getting there.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:31:00 PM

And I am officially being left out with this kind of news. Just earlier I've read and posted on a thread asking if schools/universities will start accepting btc as tuition fees and I said no although possible. Then here it is, I am reading about a school who did just that. Events involving btc sure is faster than I thought. The acceptance though is wide enough but I'm still amazed with this kind of news. Maybe tomorrow I'll be reading news and announcement of btc being accepted in gas stations?

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
daserpent

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

This a f*ing game-changer! The more mainstream Bitcoin goes, the more alts will rise! I am happy!
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:11:03 PM

This is a very long-awaited thing for bitcoin lovers, getting information from schools about bitcoin. hopefully in my country will happen like that.  Wink

But this kind of prosperity is only applicable in those countries that have already accepted Bitcoin, yes? So then, we still didn't have the fully used all the capabilities of Bitcoin. In short, Bitcoin and Altcoins will eventually coexist or even replace the Fiats that we currently using in our daily needs like food, schooling, clothes, etc.

This is a very step really, I didn't thought that the government would allow such a thing, since mostly the government are oppose to this idea and accuse it a menace and undesirable phenomenon of discovery and invention.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:17:35 PM

I believe that there is a univeraity in Novi Sad that's accepting bitcoin for scholarship payments since last year somewhere. Tho it's interesting how there are more places that accept bitcoin in a city that's not a capital. Actually, there could be like an instant exhange where even if the store doesn't accept bitcoin you can still buy with bitcoin and the instant exchange service will take btc and pay with fiat what you've bought.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

This is a good news for people who have lots of bitcoin but I don't think they have financial problems for them to be using their bitcoin. And as for me who is investing on bitcoin hoping to be rich someday I don't think I'll be using my bitcoin cause it will defeat the reason why I hold bitcoin.
this is a great news for this platform, if you have this type of access then you can get various types of features. the more you provide facilities the more you become popular. I think Bitcoin is getting accepted in many online platforms so, in the future, Bitcoin will be accepted all over the world.
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:17:39 AM

That's a great news! Its good to know that there are other means to pay for college tuition fees now a days. I hope that other countries will also adopt this kind of mode of payment not just in schools but also in some establishments and businesses. This news is a big step for everyone to be aware that bitcoin exist and how it is very convenient to use.
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:07:42 AM

this is a wonderful news to hear.
here in our country we are also making steps in order for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to be used in our daily lives.
initiatives must really be taken NOW in order to further promote cryptocurrency.
we must always remember that the more people will use bitcoin then we will have a higher chance that the price will further increase therefore benefiting everyone.
each and everyone of us right now must do something for further promotion of cryptocurrency even just in our locality..
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:08:17 AM

This a f*ing game-changer! The more mainstream Bitcoin goes, the more alts will rise! I am happy!

you are wrong about both cases.
this is not really a "game-change". it is such a small thing that probably is not even used. having the option sometimes doesn't mean growing adoption.

also bitcoin going mainstream, is bitcoin going mainstream and nothing else. the alts will remain the same as before. nothing about them will change except possibly more trades. their prices will remain the same pump and dumpy price.

There is a FOMO brewing...
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:31:16 AM

Technology is growing and many people understand online world especially about bitcoin. If university in Switzerland has already made a payment method using BTC, this is good news.
the more country that supports, bitcoin will definitely be stronger.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:27:10 AM

Technology is growing and many people understand online world especially about bitcoin. If university in Switzerland has already made a payment method using BTC, this is good news.
the more country that supports, bitcoin will definitely be stronger.
That is really interesting that there are some universities who are accepting bitcoin for payment. It can only be possible in such countries where they have turn bitcoin as legal currency, and their people are free to use bitcoin for any legal activity. in my country i do not think that there is even a single shop who are accepting bitcoin, and we are only using bitcoin for online shopping and for trading and investment purposes only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: