Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:58:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18768 times)
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:34:17 PM

We might see reversal of bitcoins growth if these news spread. Certainly this new fork is nothing compared to the previous one. That actually had some major companies backing it up.
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:35:04 PM

Those selling off their altcoins just to receive some Bitcoin Gold after the fork will regret it.  I don't think Bitcoin Gold will be worth much.  It will be worth less than Bitcoin Cash and the price of Bitcoin will also probably drop some after the fork.  They will be losing out on much more money from the altcoins that they sold will rise back up again.  

If bitcoin gold will prove itself a legit I think it will be worth way more than btc cash...  I agree about BTC dropping, question is if it happens after 25th or maybe after second hard fork... Alts then will sky rocket IMO.

We might see reversal of bitcoins growth if these news spread. Certainly this new fork is nothing compared to the previous one. That actually had some major companies backing it up.

This one will have an army of GPU miners behind it...

tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:55:04 PM

Sure sounds scammy as hell, or at least amateur hour.  I mean one developer, seriously?
tf2addict

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:55:47 PM

Those selling off their altcoins just to receive some Bitcoin Gold after the fork will regret it.  I don't think Bitcoin Gold will be worth much.  It will be worth less than Bitcoin Cash and the price of Bitcoin will also probably drop some after the fork.  They will be losing out on much more money from the altcoins that they sold will rise back up again.  

If bitcoin gold will prove itself a legit I think it will be worth way more than btc cash...  I agree about BTC dropping, question is if it happens after 25th or maybe after second hard fork... Alts then will sky rocket IMO.

This one will have an army of GPU miners behind it...

Only if it's worth a lot of money.  There are plenty of mineable altcoins that are not even close to being worth mining.
tf2addict

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:56:54 PM

Those selling off their altcoins just to receive some Bitcoin Gold after the fork will regret it.  I don't think Bitcoin Gold will be worth much.  It will be worth less than Bitcoin Cash and the price of Bitcoin will also probably drop some after the fork.  They will be losing out on much more money from the altcoins that they sold will rise back up again.   

I'm expecting a huge drop right after people get their Bitcoin Gold.  I've been wrong before though.
ledsgo

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:57:28 PM

Thanks for this article, its good to tell everyone about this.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:58:27 PM

In the end all the blames goes to crypto Community who are always looking for cheap and easy money. Assuming that BTG is scam, people will still pile up BTC just to get Free BTG. This never ending thirst will bring more shit coins which are based on BTC.
Indeed, many will want to get a free coin called Bitcoin Gold. Moreover, it is supposed to cost not less than $ 500. Well, if it proves itself to be bad in the future, then everyone will be able to reset it. Therefore, I see no reason for concern and accusation.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:01:15 PM

It's well thought that's sure. And I believe it's not good to fork a currency and advertise without adding any significant difference.
Bitcoincash said they would fork but didn't advertised their coin as the gold. But again as it depends on the holding of BTC which is mostly diverse and anonymous, I don't think it could be called a scam.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tf2addict

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:03:36 PM

Is there hard information out there on the developer of Bitcoin Gold?   If it's someone that no one has ever heard of that's a huge red flag.  I have read that Jack Liao of LightningASIC is leading it, which is interesting, maybe this is a plot to increase GPU miner sales.

Have any exchanges announced they are adding it yet?

voghera

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:04:37 PM

I'll just sell my free Bitcoingold  Grin
tf2addict

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:06:04 PM

I'll just sell my free Bitcoingold  Grin

I'm not touching BTG until it's been proven it's safe from replay.
tf2addict

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

In the end all the blames goes to crypto Community who are always looking for cheap and easy money. Assuming that BTG is scam, people will still pile up BTC just to get Free BTG. This never ending thirst will bring more shit coins which are based on BTC.
Indeed, many will want to get a free coin called Bitcoin Gold. Moreover, it is supposed to cost not less than $ 500.

That's the price they set, 10 BTG for 1 BTC.  You'd have to have money to burn to do that, IMO.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:11:55 PM

Sure sounds scammy as hell, or at least amateur hour.  I mean one developer, seriously?

Yes, but they hiring the second one I read  Grin

how people are blind when you say I give you something for free.

Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:43:37 PM

Wow that's a good read. Thank you for the warning. People would really want to take a bite of free money, who wont? Oh well when you think about it believing in this scam won't harm anyone unless they sell all their altcoins at a very low price just to have more bitcoins. I hope it won't turn out a scam though.

billysunday2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:48:55 PM

I am thinking bitcoin is going up right now because people want free bitcoin gold. 

I don't think bitcoin gold will amount to much.

Renai0925

Activity: 268

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:22:36 PM

That's one good read and has some valid points although at the end of the day it still depends on what people want. It has red flags for being a scam coin true but people want free coins. If you want to sell your alts for this then go right ahead. If you don't want Bitcoin gold and afraid of replay attacks then lie back and let it all settle down before transacting. Me i'll sell half then hold half to diversify. One side has to be right, right?

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
tf2addict

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:16:47 AM

I am thinking bitcoin is going up right now because people want free bitcoin gold. 

I don't think bitcoin gold will amount to much.

Nor do I.  One developer?  I could have done this project in my spare time.
banhmycoin

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:18:06 AM

bitcoin gold will push the price bitcoin increase . i think so . no coin can replace bitcoin .
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:06:08 AM

They didn't answer any question. Just promising...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnNlM1R2F3am9CeWc/view
tf2addict

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:18:12 AM

It's not even a well thought out scam.  If it was well thought out they would have a nice web site, a real whitepaper, and some well known backers, and at least try to portray a larger dev team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: