Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18765 times)
RichDaniel

Activity: 479
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:37:53 AM

Scam or not does not matter to me. I will take the free coins from the fork and dump them for good old BTC.

Free money is free money for me. No need to worry.

Yes, so many people want to do the same thing. You are not alone, after the hard fork, we will buy alts again, altcoins will go to moon again.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:44:37 AM

People keep saying all they want is the bitcoin gold to dump.  Ever wonder what if it's not listed on any major exchanges to dump?  If it just get's on a low volume exchange, the prices will be worthless.  Also, if there's a 200,000 bitcoin gold premine, does that mean 200,000 btc's will not receive there BTG? 
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:18:15 AM

See nothing is certain in crypto currency envinronment!  If bitcoin gold will fork bitcoin and there is possibilty of making some buck from it, then get in and make your money. If nothing happen then stay wuth whatever coin that is of interest to you.

Nick7815

Activity: 159
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:21:58 AM

i don't think it is scam because then jaynemesis (a famous crypto-trader at etoro) would have warned. Besides of that i stay away from bitcoin gold becuase i think it's the same rubbish as bitcoin cash is. it won't survive very long

sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:35:49 AM

i don't think it is scam because then jaynemesis (a famous crypto-trader at etoro) would have warned. Besides of that i stay away from bitcoin gold becuase i think it's the same rubbish as bitcoin cash is. it won't survive very long

I wouldn't rely on one person's opinion. That said I agree that  Bitcoin Gold being scam or not, it's still rubbish. Bitcoin is popular, altcoins are up-to-date with tech. And Bitcoin Gold is neither.
Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:44:11 AM

I personally think it's a SCAM!
If the people behind this project are sneacky enough, they must have planned that many users would have dropped their Alts for Bitcoins while waiting for the fork.
So they could have acted like whales buying a large amount of interesting Alts on their lowest price. (what a buisness!)
Plus when the fork will be finally done and the bitcoin gold will be listed on major exchanges they will pump and dump making this way another huge profit!
That's the main problem with Crypto right now, there are still many ways to manipulate the entire buisness...whales and scammers have too much freedom and they could really make huge damages to this new economy.
We still have a lot to do.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:06:44 PM

How you can trust a 'crypto' trader, who is actually trading CFD's on Etoro instead of trading real cryptos on exchanges baffles me. He is probably some punk that got in within the last 2 years and think's he's a pro. I wouldn't trust anyone claiming to be a 'crypto trader' on EToro.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:51:21 PM

Scam or not does not matter to me. I will take the free coins from the fork and dump them for good old BTC.

I'm just going by memory here but in the last Bitcoin fork Bitcoin cash was, initially, something like 10% the value of Bitcoin, then it shot up to about 40% Bitcoin value and now is at about 5% Bitcoin price.
I, unfortunately, sold my Bitcoin Cash at the low price - was a bit hasty there - so this time I'm hoping the same will happen but I'll hold any Bitcoin Gold I get for a bit longer before I dump it.
CathalG

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:05:48 PM

Of course it's a scam. It's a huge cash grab.
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:55:16 PM

Of course it's a scam. It's a huge cash grab.

99.x% of coins are, they have no real world usage (at least not yet).

Imagine if coins couldn't be traded but only bought and used for buying things.  There would be maybe five coins in existence instead of 1000.
kobri0815

Activity: 135

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:08:59 PM

Hmmm all I heard so far is not that good news for BTG. I was very curious about this hard fork. All i was thinking was "not another bitcoin hardfork"

Things getting to slobby and peoples going for a big laungh on that.

What's their point? GPU mining? Yeah well this one was done by e.g. Bitcore long time ago.

I think this is just a marketing foul. After that hardfork some bags will be fullfiled even more than before.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:13:42 PM

Bitcoin Cash might actually have a lot more legitimacy when compared to Bitcoin Gold. Bitcoin Gold (Not that I am implying that BCH is any more legitimate than BTC). Bitcoin Gold is the same as Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin Plus and the countless of Bitcoin soft forks out there, except that they are trying to use the upcoming (potentially) hard fork in November to generate news and price.

tf2addict

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:54:49 PM

These guys raised so much money that they can easily rest on the islands right now)

Who, the Gold people or the Cash people?
tf2addict

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:56:11 PM

Hmmm all I heard so far is not that good news for BTG. I was very curious about this hard fork. All i was thinking was "not another bitcoin hardfork"

Things getting to slobby and peoples going for a big laungh on that.

What's their point? GPU mining? Yeah well this one was done by e.g. Bitcore long time ago.

I think this is just a marketing foul. After that hardfork some bags will be fullfiled even more than before.

Well the idea of making Bitcoin GPU mineable again has some merit but I'm not sure that alone is enough to justify it.  Bitcoin is pretty unstoppable, at least for now.
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:18:36 AM

I do not think so, but I am not sure if they will be stay in the market in a good position though.
It's just another plan to get more Bitcoin for pretty much nothing. The only thing that I like about Bitcoin Gold is that more people will have to store their coins in order to get it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:27:43 AM

I think it'll go the same route as Bitcoin Cash. Another useless fork.

I'm beginning to realize now that this is the point. Part of me thinks that it was even conceived/bankrolled by some of the #NO2X folks. Someone had an interesting term for what they are trying to achieve: "fork fatigue." Basically, we see fork after fork after fork (Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Segwit2x), and with each fork it seems clearer that the resulting coin is an altcoin. Not Bitcoin.

So, my thinking is that Bitcoin Gold is being launched to weaken the mandate of Segwit2x, and to make it appear foolish. Here's to hoping we can get some free money out of it. Tongue

bitcoin9999

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:37:07 PM

Yes, so many people want to do the same thing. You are not alone, after the hard fork, we will buy alts again, altcoins will go to moon again.

It is bad to buy BTC now because people think that they will get free BTG.  But if you buy BTC at $5800 and after hard fork it dropped to $5000 then you lose... unless btg is priced at $800 a BTG

Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 PM

It is bad to buy BTC now because people think that they will get free BTG.  But if you buy BTC at $5800 and after hard fork it dropped to $5000 then you lose... unless btg is priced at $800 a BTG

My thoughts too. I was toying with the idea of buying more BTC to get more BTG but, like you said, BTC could drop soon after the fork and if BTG is worthless then I could lose a big heap of cash.
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:05:24 AM

Exactly, its stupidity to buy BTC now. People will lose lot of money when BTC come down crashing. I might be a flash crash to $3400-3600 and then recovery to ~$ 4200

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
subG

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:02:16 AM

Bitcoin Gold is not getting the attention that Bitcoin Cash received.  It will probably just end up being a cheap coin on low volume exchanges.  I also heard that there was a 200,000 bitcoin gold premine which was suppose to be used for an ICO but something happened and it's no longer going to happen. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: