Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:10:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18768 times)
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:07:38 AM

Bitcoin Gold is not getting the attention that Bitcoin Cash received.  It will probably just end up being a cheap coin on low volume exchanges.  I also heard that there was a 200,000 bitcoin gold premine which was suppose to be used for an ICO but something happened and it's no longer going to happen. 

SegWit2x is a factor too, not just Bitcoin Gold.
pufa2007

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:28:30 AM

Hoвый cпocoб пoлyчить xaлявныx дeнeг!!!
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:33:35 AM

What about news that BTG developers self mined from 01 Oct? And BTG fork was already done? And all who can get BTG was already screenshoted?
tf2addict

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:11:22 PM

What about news that BTG developers self mined from 01 Oct? And BTG fork was already done? And all who can get BTG was already screenshoted?

Snapshot is occurring Oct 25.
tf2addict

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:12:35 PM

Gold actually has a somewhat real web site FINALLY.

http://btcgpu.org/
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:33:10 PM

Yes bitcoin gold is very good thought and many people get confused to it. As like bitcoin popular I think bitcoin gold will also get popular in the people. It can be said that I well thought scam because there is fluctuation in the overview of bitcoin gold. further more bitcoin gold is very difficult to make a place in this saturated market.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:38:25 PM

Gold actually has a somewhat real web site FINALLY.

http://btcgpu.org/

Ah! some official news at last, or am I just late for the party Smiley
One good bit of news gleamed from the web site is that they say that they will be publishing guides for retrieving BTG from wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum and Mycelium.
I've my BTC in Electrum so this is good news for me.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:18:53 PM

I am staying far away from this one, that's one thing I know.
Thanks for posting this.
I don't really like hardfork BCH, BTC gold or others. They are hijacking bitcoin holders. it is the short cut to spread the coins. I will never buy BTC gold. If I earn airdrop in my bitcoin wallet in exchanger, I will sell for free money. I don't like holding BCH or BTC gold in my personal wallet. Bitcoin is still the best for me. The price is going up every month. if the price will be 10000 I think no one will care about BTC hardfork like BCH or BTC gold.
Zdd9zdd9

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:27:40 PM

I might mine this for a month or so when it comes out. I don't have enough bitcoin to make it worth claiming the free ones, but mining might be decent for a bit. And since this is called bitcoinxxx I think the price of it will be 3 figures, at least for awhile.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

Bitcoin Gold is not getting the attention that Bitcoin Cash received.  It will probably just end up being a cheap coin on low volume exchanges.  I also heard that there was a 200,000 bitcoin gold premine which was suppose to be used for an ICO but something happened and it's no longer going to happen. 

I was noticing the same thing. I suspect the recent drop of BTC is also due to that. Before BCH emerged, everybody was like 'wow it will become the new BTC!' and most people held their BCH until now hoping that it would have eventually replaced BTC.
Whereas with BTG most people say it's a scam and very few give it some hope. Anyway let's see but as someone said now it's probably not the best time to get in BTC.

itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:56:27 PM

I just don't trust these btc-folks any longer.  I managed to sell my bitcoin cash luckily and try to stay away from these useless folks.
Ichitaka

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:09:32 PM

1 week left.
Will I need to create another wallet for BTG?I have Exodus for my BTC.Will I have to move all my BTC to a wallet that support BTG to have the "free" BTG?
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Scam or not does not matter to me. I will take the free coins from the fork and dump them for good old BTC.

Free money is free money for me. No need to worry.

Yes, so many people want to do the same thing. You are not alone, after the hard fork, we will buy alts again, altcoins will go to moon again.

It is bad to buy BTC now because people think that they will get free BTG.  But if you buy BTC at $5800 and after hard fork it dropped to $5000 then you lose... unless btg is priced at $800 a BTG

My thoughts too. I was toying with the idea of buying more BTC to get more BTG but, like you said, BTC could drop soon after the fork and if BTG is worthless then I could lose a big heap of cash.

Well these are all speculations and its hard to conclude that idea.
Yes bitcoin might went small correction after the hard fork and this is just all usual as a currency so take that chance to buy. However, I believe that BTG will be still like of bitcoin cash as this is also an airdrop and will have the same fate.
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 797

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:33:55 PM

Bitcoin gold is just a hype coin and that is the reason why the price of bitcoin goes up very high because the people are getting hyped up by the price because they want to get that bitcoin gold which is a free coin if they have some bitcoin then they will get bitcoin gold also for 1:1 ratio like what happened in bitcoin cash.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
tf2addict

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:44:12 PM

1 week left.
Will I need to create another wallet for BTG?I have Exodus for my BTC.Will I have to move all my BTC to a wallet that support BTG to have the "free" BTG?

Not sure how you will access BTG yet but as long as you have a BTC wallet where you own your private keys you will get the BTG.
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:17:42 AM

1 week left.

Not sure how you will access BTG yet but as long as you have a BTC wallet where you own your private keys you will get the BTG.

With BTC Cash fork, bittrex was actually very fast and created/provided to you this new altcoin almost instantly. With electrum and private keys it was... well I wouldn't say hard but problematic. That's said I wouldn't encourage anyone to depo to bittrex since last rumors and a lot of accounts closed.

eodchop

Activity: 138

Use Linux!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:23:00 AM

maybe it looks like a scam but it may turn out to be verified
really I am puzzled with making prognoses
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:33:34 PM

1 week left.

With BTC Cash fork, bittrex was actually very fast and created/provided to you this new altcoin almost instantly. With electrum and private keys it was... well I wouldn't say hard but problematic. That's said I wouldn't encourage anyone to depo to bittrex since last rumors and a lot of accounts closed.

I'm keeping my Bitcoin in an Electrum wallet and won't be transfering them to Bittrex just yet. There has been some problems lately with Bittrex (not as bad as Poloniex though - IMO) but if they confirm that they will support Bitcoin Gold as they did with Bitcoin Cash then I might relent and (so I don't have to mess with Electrum) move my Bitcoin over to Bittrex.
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:10:08 AM

So far none of the exchanges have come in support of BTG which is totally opposite the BCH fork scenario where some of the major websites have supported BCH lot earlier than the fork date.

I still dont want this shitcoin at cost of my BTC. Always remember if its not transparent enough better don't take the risk!

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:12:39 AM

1 week left.

Don't FUD about Bittrex without knowing sufficient information. Bittrex closed around 0.1% of accounts only as part of routine checks. They have made official announcement in this regards too.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: