Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18765 times)
kubercoin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:09:18 AM

if you bitcoin gold is called scam, then all alts are scam  Grin .. In my view its just tells cryptoworld is truly decentralized .. all source is open and anyone can fork and build community..  as long as community supports alt will have value.. nothing can stop or scam.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:11:16 AM

if you bitcoin gold is called scam, then all alts are scam  Grin .. In my view its just tells cryptoworld is truly decentralized .. all source is open and anyone can fork and build community..  as long as community supports alt will have value.. nothing can stop or scam.

It is a scam, because they are calling it a fork of Bitcoin and they have included a premine. It is just trying to fool others and profit from the Bitcoin name. There are other alts with no bright ideas who have raised money through ICOs, but at least they don't try to misuse the Bitcoin name.
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:43:02 PM

It looks like there is a scam within a scam - as in other opportunistic scammers are trying to set up a scam based on claiming Bitcoin Gold.

Check out this site claimbitcoin.gold - linked to from the "Bitcoin Gold" (@btcgpu) twitter account, but clearly a scam. It asks you to enter your private key or seed to "verify ownership" of the address you are claiming for lol.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:49:56 PM

I can not yet say for sure whether this is fraud or not, but so far this project does not inspire confidence in me and I do not hurry to invest my money there. It is better to watch calmly for now.

tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:27:50 PM

It looks like there is a scam within a scam - as in other opportunistic scammers are trying to set up a scam based on claiming Bitcoin Gold.

Check out this site claimbitcoin.gold - linked to from the "Bitcoin Gold" (@btcgpu) twitter account, but clearly a scam. It asks you to enter your private key or seed to "verify ownership" of the address you are claiming for lol.

That is incredible.  Why is Twitter supporting a scam site?
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:30:41 PM

Why is Coinbase making false statements about Gold?

https://twitter.com/bitcoingold/status/921658066109472770
simrac

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

I sure this is fake website bitcoin gold , you need carefully , bitcoin gold never request private key  , this website try steal your bitcoin  .

I heard that yobit support bitcoin gold . and some another exchange still don't have response for bitcoin gold .
quyethuynh

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:42:09 PM

https://image.ibb.co/cPO8GR/Untitled.png

Hi you, this is scam site.
You need check
1. site: https://btcgpu.org/
2. Twitter: @bitcoingold
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:21:34 PM

Hi you, this is scam site.
You need check
1. site: https://btcgpu.org/
2. Twitter: @bitcoingold

This is most definately a scam, on one would ask for your private key, I mean absoultely no one !
I think this scam site is hosted by Namecheap.com and I've sent an abuse report to them, hopefully it will be down soon.
Mrnat

Activity: 151
Merit: 101

Believe in Yourself, Do Magic, Be the Magic!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:47:43 AM

Personally, when Bitcoin Cash forked, i felt something good would get out of it comparing it with the segwit
But this Bitcoin Gold doesn´t inspire me much confidence so to say, i already noticed im not the only one around who feels that way,
Sit back and watch it unfold.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

So far none of the exchanges have come in support of BTG which is totally opposite the BCH fork scenario where some of the major websites have supported BCH lot earlier than the fork date.

I still dont want this shitcoin at cost of my BTC. Always remember if its not transparent enough better don't take the risk!
Some exchanges have but the shitty ones and I am not surprised. Honestly, this coin is going to end up even more shitty that BCC the way it is. Looking at their website, there is just only one single wallet available for it. It is still possible though that after the fork, we will see some wallets or exchange for it but until then, fingers are crossed.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:39:12 AM

So far none of the exchanges have come in support of BTG which is totally opposite the BCH fork scenario where some of the major websites have supported BCH lot earlier than the fork date.

I still dont want this shitcoin at cost of my BTC. Always remember if its not transparent enough better don't take the risk!
Some exchanges have but the shitty ones and I am not surprised. Honestly, this coin is going to end up even more shitty that BCC the way it is. Looking at their website, there is just only one single wallet available for it. It is still possible though that after the fork, we will see some wallets or exchange for it but until then, fingers are crossed.

It's not just crappy exchanges like Yobit now. Bittrex has now announced support for the fork, and they are one of the largest altcoin exchanges on the market. I think they are looking for some hype to pump volumes after the account locking scare recently.

There is/was definitely more support for Bitcoin Cash. This time, Bitcoin miners (and the Unlimited supporters who wanted miners to decide consensus rules) don't have any reason to back the fork. But frankly, this fork hype just makes the Segwit2x fork look more and more silly. I'm beginning to think that's the point here! Maybe the point of Bitcoin Gold all along was to cause fatigue around all these Bitcoin forks.

bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:46:03 AM

It's not just crappy exchanges like Yobit now. Bittrex has now announced support for the fork, and they are one of the largest altcoin exchanges on the market. I think they are looking for some hype to pump volumes after the account locking scare recently.

There is/was definitely more support for Bitcoin Cash. This time, Bitcoin miners (and the Unlimited supporters who wanted miners to decide consensus rules) don't have any reason to back the fork. But frankly, this fork hype just makes the Segwit2x fork look more and more silly. I'm beginning to think that's the point here! Maybe the point of Bitcoin Gold all along was to cause fatigue around all these Bitcoin forks.
Where did you see that bittrex has announced the support of Bitcoin Gold ? Any link ?
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:51:20 AM

I think this website is a phishing site and If this was true I will never tried to even get a bitcoin gold ,hope that many people will become more aware of this, never share your private key just to get some free altcoins you will just end up losing your bitcoins.
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:54:19 AM

Good observation, but this is also my observation.
After Bitcoin's first hard fork (Bitcoin Cash)  - everyone is very excited about the features that can offer more and better alternative from Bitcoin's limitations but Bitcoin Cash has performed well though major experts says it's a like jacking pump Bitcoin to push upward but it has it's value - higher than Altcoins.
Bitcoin Gold will unlikely doing the same thing so the majority isn't excited enough since we're all assuming that this will become the next jack to pump more Bitcoin's value.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:07:21 AM

I don't want to lend any credence to the Bitcoin Gold project because I don't think it's innovative and I think it's just a cash grab. But you're referring to a straight-up scam not associated with the actual project. It's been known for some time that @btcgpu is an imposter. And it should be obvious to anyone who has been in the Bitcoin space for a while that you should never enter your private keys this way. The official mediums are the @bitcoingold Twitter account and btcgpu.org.

That's definitely one of the downsides of all this fork drama. All the greed and hype creates big opportunities for people to scam newbies.

Where did you see that bittrex has announced the support of Bitcoin Gold ? Any link ?

See their full statement here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451

bambarmia

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:16:27 AM

I don't want to lend any credence to the Bitcoin Gold project because I don't think it's innovative and I think it's just a cash grab. But you're referring to a straight-up scam not associated with the actual project. It's been known for some time that @btcgpu is an imposter. And it should be obvious to anyone who has been in the Bitcoin space for a while that you should never enter your private keys this way. The official mediums are the @bitcoingold Twitter account and btcgpu.org.

That's definitely one of the downsides of all this fork drama. All the greed and hype creates big opportunities for people to scam newbies.

See their full statement here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451
This statement by bittrex looks more like a warning against Bitcoin Gold Scam !  
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:41:04 AM

All newbie fake accounts promoting BTG, please get a life! Even Bittrex warns that BTG has written SCAM all over it! Read the official statement:

If you have a Bitcoin (BTC) balance on Bittrex during the BTG snapshot block 491,407 occurring approximately on October 24, 3am PT (10am UTC), you will be additionally credited the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold (BTG) on a 1:1 basis. i.e. 1 BTC on Bittrex held during the on-exchange snapshot will get you 1 BTG.  BTC held on orders will also be credited.  Only the BTC held on your account is eligible for BTG.  Full details below.

Bitcoin Gold [BTG] is a proposed digital asset.

At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market.

Bitcoin Gold intends to perform a wallet balance snapshot at Bitcoin block 491,407 but the actual Bitcoin Gold network will launch publicly at a later undetermined date and time (the only guidance is the statement "after the launch on Nov 1").

Bitcoin Gold does not currently have:

Fully formed consensus code
Implemented replay protection
Adequate code for testing and auditing
Publicly known code developers
Bitcoin Gold codebase also contains a private premine of 8,000 blocks (100,000 BTG). Please be aware that if a market does open there is a possibility of the developers selling their premined BTG on the open market.

When considering adding tokens to Bittrex exchange we look at the risks involved. Bitcoin Gold does not satisfy our criteria for safety for our users. Taking a snapshot of the Bittrex exchange Bitcoin wallet is also a large disruptive undertaking that requires over 24 hours of preparation (Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals are also suspended during this time) and should not be taken lightly.

Bittrex will close deposits and withdrawals of Bitcoin (including 2nd layer protocol XCP/OMNI and associated assets) 24 hours prior to the BTG snapshot block 491,407 occurring approximately on October 24, 3am PT (10am UTC). The wallet will remain closed until the on-exchange snapshot is complete. Trading will remain active during this time.

Bittrex will make all reasonable attempts to credit our users BTG but until we have a fully supported wallet, we can neither guarantee tokens or consider creating a market. We will continue to monitor the state of the codebase and network. We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
bambarmia

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:56:06 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin Gold is a scam created just to enrich the developers. But this scam scheme will give a free money to a lot of people ! That's why nobody cares if it's a scam or not. Let's wait and see how this  absurd circus will go on.
Grunny4

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:04:50 PM

More & more saying the Bitcoin Gold snapshot has already happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOOcj9TkQ10
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: