Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18768 times)
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:25:40 AM

More & more saying the Bitcoin Gold snapshot has already happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOOcj9TkQ10

Interesting. One thing he suggest is that HitBTC is the place to hold your Bitcoin if you want at least some assurance of getting your Bitcoin Gold.
I think I may transfer all my Bitcoin out of Bittrex who are saying you may, or may not, get Bitcoin Gold.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:31:50 AM

More & more saying the Bitcoin Gold snapshot has already happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOOcj9TkQ10

Interesting. One thing he suggest is that HitBTC is the place to hold your Bitcoin if you want at least some assurance of getting your Bitcoin Gold.
I think I may transfer all my Bitcoin out of Bittrex who are saying you may, or may not, get Bitcoin Gold.

bittrex accommodates bitoingold snapshots, but they never talk about the market, but I think if we look at the prospect of bCH until now, almost all markets will trade with bitcoingold, until now only three markets have announced it has received it, it is very ironic because of hardfork deadlines immediately appear.
Call_Me_Bambi

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:23:51 PM

bittrex accommodates bitoingold snapshots, but they never talk about the market, but I think if we look at the prospect of bCH until now, almost all markets will trade with bitcoingold, until now only three markets have announced it has received it, it is very ironic because of hardfork deadlines immediately appear.

Another tit-bit here about Bittrex and other exchanges and there stance on the impending Bitcoin Gold fork, does not make for reassuring reading.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-service-providers-continue-to-reveal-plans-for-bitcoin-gold/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:38:21 PM

Deleted
Call_Me_Bambi

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:04:00 AM

Just spotted this, forget about Bitcoin Gold - forget about GOLD - put all your money (house included) into Bitcoin - The Mighty Woz has spoken !
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/money2020-wozniak-thinks-bitcoin-better-gold/
_backslash

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:13:45 AM

Trusting Wozniak over Crypto? well its good to know what he thinks but am not taking his word for it.
moontrain

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:17:15 AM

lol BTG is not a scam.
Rahip

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:26:21 AM

Bitcoin Gold is the first time i said to myself 'i will try' but latest news very bad.
They proved to be absolutely scam.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:52:40 AM

lol BTG is not a scam.

Even I don't think that it is scam. But there are a lot of unanswered questions and there is not enough information about the developers. Even the code is not yet publicly available and this was the reason given by Coinbase to deny its users the coins from the free airdrop.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:03:09 AM

Bitcoin block number 491407 is reached : the Bitcoin blockchain snapshot is dome.
Next steps :
 - having tools to make the swap.
 - some exchanges to trade the coin.
 - some pools to mine and securise the coin.
But no stress, we have time.

Good luck Bitcoin gold.
alpsea
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 555

https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

I've been away from bitcoin gold since the beginnin'
Yes this is scam like a bitcoin cash.

I hope isn't hurt too many people.

linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:42:23 AM

IMO Bitcoin GOLD = bitcoin cash

So I don't think so it'll get good value.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:11:18 AM

IMO Bitcoin GOLD = bitcoin cash

So I don't think so it'll get good value.
Guy, are you serious ?
Bitcoin cash is more expansive than Ethereum.
That is not what you call "good value" ?

If all my coins vas at this price, I'll be rich :-).
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

I believe it is. It's premined and people normally hate that but Bitcoin gold has just been disguised better than the ones that openly admit they are premines.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:25:37 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin Gold is a scam created just to enrich the developers. But this scam scheme will give a free money to a lot of people ! That's why nobody cares if it's a scam or not. Let's wait and see how this  absurd circus will go on.
We all know that this is scam but yet we all waiting those coins to showed up and to starts real trade. First thing that bothers me is this premine, better approach would be allocation of funds as fixed percentage of the miners reward. Second nothing until November, no wallet no replay protection, we only have a promises. Only thing here that bothers me we will have bunch of new coins wearing name Bitcoin. All this stupidity will cause BTC slower adoption. Newbies are probably confused when they see story about four bitcoins..
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:17:48 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin Gold is a scam created just to enrich the developers. But this scam scheme will give a free money to a lot of people ! That's why nobody cares if it's a scam or not. Let's wait and see how this  absurd circus will go on.
We all know that this is scam but yet we all waiting those coins to showed up and to starts real trade. First thing that bothers me is this premine, better approach would be allocation of funds as fixed percentage of the miners reward. Second nothing until November, no wallet no replay protection, we only have a promises. Only thing here that bothers me we will have bunch of new coins wearing name Bitcoin. All this stupidity will cause BTC slower adoption. Newbies are probably confused when they see story about four bitcoins..

Yeah I agree with you, it could be a well thought scam to make people panic most especially those newcomers. But we'll just wait and see because some say it will be better than Bitcoin Cash. But the real question is how much better would it be and most importantly the price after the fork.
Ichitaka

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:22:05 PM

Weird their website is down.
Is it too late too buy now?I am in the eastern time zone.Thanks
IT's basically free money how can it be a scam...Once you receive the BTG just dump it and get another coin no?
ZenFr
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:24:48 PM

Weird their website is down.
Is it too late too buy now?I am in the eastern time zone.Thanks
IT's basically free money how can it be a scam...Once you receive the BTG just dump it and get another coin no?
The website was down early this morning too and after it wad running. Now it is down again.
Probably some hackers attacks.
And yes, the snapshot is done yet.
indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:39:05 PM

I wonder how many more forks/snapshots there are going to be in the next couple of years. It's just an easy way for people behind such forks to make a lot of money. It's such BS.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:45:55 PM

As some of you may know, Bitcoingold is attempting to fork Bitcoin at the 25th of October. However in the past they decided they'll fork during the Bitcoincash date, both of which have ended up confusing me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: