Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:54:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best Social Media for promoting an ICO ?  (Read 4443 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:10:03 AM

i think it depands on the country, in some countries, twitter, facebook, telegram and other media are been banned, and the local media play a leading role, in fact, the best way is of promoting is the famous person which has a great influnce on public

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CapGelatik

Activity: 1064

Combo Network

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:13:25 AM

I like youtube and twitter. Youtube is more visual and twitter is short and easy to understand.
I never like reddit but its popular.
sure, i agree with you. because youtube is now very popular in my country, maybe because the trend of artists make vlogs and now everyone is switching to watching youtube rather than watching tv so it is very suitable to advertise projects on youtube, and for twitter because it is easy to use it for all circles.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:13:43 AM

The first thing you have to mind to promote your ICO is Traffic, mean in which social media or forum have most user you should promote your ICO because as many and many people see your add u will get more business. For that purpose I prefer bitcointalk.org and Facebook. This two have millions of active user and you will get your business easily.

Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:28:12 AM

Not all ICOs make fun with bounty, some ICOs remain successful without including bounty. maybe they have a good community to sell tokens and promote their technology.

I agree with you here. In fact, some of the most successful ICOs have never had a bounty program to help them promote their project. Because afaik, what they did is they focused mainly on looking for angel investors and venture capitalists directly from the financial community. Maecenas, Kin, Filecoin, Po.et, Santiment Tezos, Nimiq are only a few examples of ICOs that have not started a bounty campaign but have made millions of dollars from contributions and investments from the said community.

sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:31:18 AM

the best media and almost everyone uses.

1. Twitter
2. Reddit
3. This forum
4. Telegram
5. Slack (which i heard is full of scammers)
Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:38:11 AM

I feel like people follow mostly Twitter and Reddit. Easy to spread and obtain information makes these 2 the best. Forums and private communication channels makes thing slower, they're best for discussion and slower marketing.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:42:39 AM

number one of course bitcointalk because all of member in here definitely interest on crypto and then twitter with the power of hastag i think pretty helpful for promoting an ICO
Loerresso

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:44:15 AM

Very Importan is Twitter, Reddit and Bitcointalk.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:33:14 PM

I think there all have a purpose.

facebook - The largest social media, and so to miss that isn't the best for social media marketing

twitter - a lot of people are tweeting about crypto and a way to spread your word.

Here - Every ICO has a thread on here for a reason

Telegram / slack - To communicate with the potential investors.

I think having them all is a plus, because people use different social medias and you might miss people if you only use  1 / 2.
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:40:29 PM

Like the title says, i would like some feedback from the experts in this industry, so far i have gathered these 5 most important that seem to be used by everyone, can you add more ways?

1. Twitter
2. Reddit
3. This forum
4. Telegram

Twitter, Telegram and this bitcointalk forum are the best way to promoting an ICO. If you have an extra money, you can advertise your ICO on the internet and some websites like wallet and coinmarketcap. I think promoting in this forum is still the best because all people are know about cryptocurrency here.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:36:06 PM

This source is the new one https://icomagazine.com/category/ico/, but I believe it will be popular soon...

Website doesn't look to me professional, IMO anyway. Looks like someone threw there from a bridge some pics and articles and that's it.
Please define "will be popular soon".
It cannot really be a bad publicity for ETH cause if it would have, by now ETH would have been dead based on the past ICO scams that have come and gone. That is just on people who decided not to make quality research before just investing on any ICO. In as much as it is an inflationary currency, the future is good for it most especially with the upcoming development coming for it.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:46:16 PM

Btcointalk is the major impact for any ico if community supports then there is no doubt of success of Ico another widely useful media YouTube which is also making impact . Twitter less impact even worth . Facebook I don’t think it’s making much impact in project.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

I think you can also add the facebook because it has one of the big number of  user and it is where lots of advertisement are post. I will also go in this forum because this is i think the best place to promote an ICO.
Facebook is a nice website to promote altcoins and ICO's. I like to use Twitter instead of Facebook because I don't have to join any groups to make a comment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:25:59 PM

I think there are a lot of good places for you to promote an ICO, that you are missing. Also I assume you are up for any type of advertisement, like banners for example. Investing in google adds could be a good option. I use coinmarketcap a lot, and it's hard to miss the adds there. So by using google adds, your add might show up there, and that is important. Steemit could could also be a good option, and you don't have it on your list.
Also don't forget about cointelegraph. Having an article there, could also help you a lot.

I think all places are good, because marketing is only effective if you manage to be visible over and over again, on all these places. You slowly get the attention of people, because they see the ICO over and over again, and finally try to get some more information from it.

Although I said that all the places are important, I must say that this forum is probably a mandatory place. This is incredibly specialized, and you could advertise it by sig campaigns, and you could also have an ANN thread to offer support and get even more promotion. If I could only pick one, I think this forum would be it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:05:11 PM

FB is a strange one. There are so many "fake" facebook accounts used in bounty programs that I am not sure they actually bring in any business.

That said a genuine FB account is an excellent medium.
Facebook is what I use to get more knowledge of the new coins that get launched within a website or another place. Facebook allows me to write to users as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:22:06 PM

all of the social media which you're mentioned is good for promoting an ICO and combine all of them will be more good rather than separated them but to ensure you will get good results just pick social media which have crypto followers or crypto friends because with promoting your ICO by an account with have crypto related then that will makes you get good investor
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:39:19 PM

I think the best way to promote ICO would be-

FaceBook
Twitter
BitcoinTalk
Discord
Telegram
YouTube with promotional videos can help as well.

Now do remember to run some bounties and airdrops because that what attracts users. You should hire a bounty manager and let him run the show for you. Using the methods above, I am sure you will create some constructive awarness.
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:04:30 PM

Surprise that Facebook is not listed. In my opinion I choose twitter and bitcoin forum. Both social media have strong way to promote ico.

romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:49:01 PM

Like the title says, i would like some feedback from the experts in this industry, so far i have gathered these 5 most important that seem to be used by everyone, can you add more ways?

1. Twitter
2. Reddit
3. This forum
4. Telegram
Dear, already you mentioned social media is good for promoting an ICO.
I think this forum i.e Bitcointalk.org is the best ICOs media.
Another like Facebook, youtube, Discord, medium, public blogging and also coindesk for news.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:34:21 AM

1. Twitter
2. Reddit
3. This forum
4. Telegram
everything can be good, but if I have to choose then I will choose the bitcointalk forum as the best and twitter, because so many people related to cryptocurrency join it.
Bitcoin talk will prove to be most effective in promoting any ICO. It is my thinking because the people here have good understanding of bitcoin and altcoins. They know the value of investing in any ICO and if it is really a promising one, definitely people will join it.

But it does not imply that other social websites are of no use. They have users in millions and advertising a product there will grab big attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: