Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:12:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct?  (Read 14835 times)
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:28:15 PM

Probably yes, but this is not in the nearest fifty years to come, and not all the country will follow suit and some who follow suit cannot just extinct cash most have being planning and put the necessary step before invention.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Xaad

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:26:52 PM

cash is just a mean to transactions.And people wants safety.So the future of cryptacurrency is very bright.and by the passage of time cash will be replaced by the cryptocurrency. As the metals replaced by the currency then then currency replaced by the e-currency and now the e-currency also will be replaced by the cryptocurrency
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:27:53 PM

I dont think so in our lifetime. Its happened in India I think, they removed the highest denominator and many lost out and lives  Embarrassed
With the time it will happen because the bitcoin will help all the people and bitcoin will be the best investment I am using the bitcoin and the bitcoin is going to help the people, you are right the cash is going to be down and I am sure the bitcoin is going to help all the people I hope the bitcoin price and the trading with eh bitcoin will hold by the people who are using the bitcoin so now it is the time of the age and the coming few years.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:09:17 PM

Imagine a City without electricity or maybe something happened to the grid like a disaster and electricity will be offline for 12 hours. While it sounds like a good idea because its good for the environment but going paperless or cashless needs 24/7 access to electricity without it, going cashless is not possible.
It's very difficult but not impossible, we're progressing towards a technological future and there might be a use for technology for every basic task. Btc along with other cryptocurrencies can lead to a cashless economy but as you stated this won't work everywhere as there are certain restrictions.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

In order to make a country totally cashless the electricity and the internet connection must have to available for 24/7. Every citizen of the country should be able to use internet ( that means 100% literacy ) and that is a huge task for max of the countries.

Saifher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:41:55 PM

In order to make a country totally cashless the electricity and the internet connection must have to available for 24/7. Every citizen of the country should be able to use internet ( that means 100% literacy ) and that is a huge task for max of the countries.

This is the biggest challenge crypto faces for mass adoption in my opinion. In Europe it can be done, 10 years from now most cities will probably have free wi-fi connection to everyone (and you'd pay it in your taxes), but in Africa and some parts of South America and Southeast Asia this is going to be real hard to achieve, so i think FIAT won't be going anywhere soon (maybe in 15+ years).

Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

The basis of the monetary turnover of the country is non-cash money. Cash is printed to serve non-cash circulation. I do not think that the cancellation of cash will give a positive result. And the replacement of fiat money with crypto currency in the near future is impossible
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:18:31 PM

I think it is inevitable that one day we will move towards a cashless society but I do not think that we are currently ready for such a society. There are so many peoples even in the most advanced first world countries that are not comfortable with much of the technology that exists. Cash will have to be phased out slowly, as it already is being done with the use of contactless technologies etc. One day I suspect all payments will be electronic and based on some sort of microchip.

Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:39:43 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sad to say but that is the truth, we need to improve the way we live, our lives will be more like digitally so as much as possible we need to change the way we used yo live. Cash will be extinct because virtual currency will start but I'm not sure if bitcoins will be the official currency in a country because bitcoins value are not stable they can be used as a mode of payment but they can never replaced and existing currency. Maybe our countries will make their own digital currency to cope up in the future.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:44:48 PM

to face out all fiat money on one country is not necessary, how about those anyone or anybody that who cant afford to buy gadgets and provide a internet connection, how do they live. i mean how do they make transaction on the physical market to buy or sell goods just to live? this idea is non sense. fiat money is important too and i think more country not to follow if that happens.
It is not necessarily to erase or to eradicate the system of fiat. Becasue bitcoin also depends on the price of fiat in terms of transaction, so for me the best thing to happen about fiat and bitcoin is the convergence of each system formulating a better form of transaction for a more reliable way of transactions and investments in the future for people to have.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:57:17 PM

I dont think so in our lifetime. Its happened in India I think, they removed the highest denominator and many lost out and lives  Embarrassed
With the time it will happen because the bitcoin will help all the people and bitcoin will be the best investment I am using the bitcoin and the bitcoin is going to help the people, you are right the cash is going to be down and I am sure the bitcoin is going to help all the people I hope the bitcoin price and the trading with eh bitcoin will hold by the people who are using the bitcoin so now it is the time of the age and the coming few years.
This the best and the plus point of the bitcoin that the bitcoin price and the value can never remain the same because the demand of the bitcoin will be high and the bitcoin will help a lot of the people in the future I am sure the bitcoin is going to increase the demand and the value as much as the bitcoin is growing and it is the demand of the bitcoin going high day by day now.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:04:18 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Cash would not be deminished or extinct,its always there collaborating with bitcoin as usual,because money is our national currency and leggalized by the government and soon if the law in favor of legallize the bitcoin,thats the time bitcoin and fiat will work together in banking transaction,especially now that central bank have a guarrantee to accept the bitcoin as an exchanges.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:17:23 PM

I believe with time, cash might be withdrawn and be a thing of the past. By the time everything goes digital; like you might just need to do a finger print for payment or voice recognition or having a digital number recognition implanted in persons. This will totally restrain the cash to some settings and certain area of use and being limited to rural areas in some countries. So, the decentralization characteristic of Cryptocurrency will be maximally functional by this.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:53:48 AM

Oh God. For me, I would prefer using CASH than any other for now, because I don't think I would ever use something that is dependent to online internet and the interwebs. And not everyone in this Earth have the capability to use the form of bitcoin. It's going to be a long process before that happens.
Your cash will be worthless if the internet suddenly dies, because the whole economy would collapse.
Cash would not be worthless if the internet collapses. Cash means paper money and this is the context in which people mostly sue this word cash here in threads. Yeah if you taking about money in the form of digital currencies, you are definitely going to get a big heart attack if you lose connection to internet but that is very unlikely to happen. Bitcoin is the currency which will rather remove fiat from system.
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:31:32 AM

No for me the word extinct is not the right term, it is more of a rework or they will just evolve into something new because bitcoins can never be our main currency because of the fact that their value is not stable and a lot of people so not want to lose money we just wanted to increase it. So more likely to happen is our country will have our own virtually currency that have a stable price and of course centralized because bitcoins are decentralized and so they can never be a official currency of a country but they can also be an alternative currency in the future because they still have value.
Stormup2017

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:30:44 AM

I think that it will be better for markets if all people use virtual money, because we can spend more and more money if we do not see them physically. And I think that in 5-10 years, cash will disappear, but not in all countries, but mostly.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:55:02 AM

For me it can be! The cash will never be extinct is this world! Cash has many important uses in our society! People in our society will not stop to use cash because of its important.
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:58:10 AM

For me it can be! The cash will never be extinct is this world! Cash has many important uses in our society! People in our society will not stop to use cash because of its important.
Indeed cash will never be extinct though we have bitcoin and being well known, cash would be in use daily. Cash has been part of our daily lives no matter of the new other currency will exists cash still be on top to use.
josephdenne

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 10:02:46 AM

Cash as we understand it is an endangered species. Whether or not it will persist in future depends on how you define cash in the first place. If you take it to literally mean money in physical coins or notes, then it will almost certainly die out. However if you take it to mean an untraceable and instant form of value transfer, then there will always be cash – it will just be facilitated on a device.

Edge is the infrastructure of Web3. A decentralized cloud, powered by the blockchain. Community: https://discord.gg/edge-network
fazerockzx

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:06:08 AM

I dont think cash will be extinct even if bitcoin grows bigger in the future, maybe there's a slight possibility but for my personal preference it wont because not all of us here in the world, or i could say not all of us in every country can afford bitcoin because of social problems like internet. Thats why i conclude that there's only a slight chance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: