Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy]12 KNCminer Jupiter's 15 Sold [Closed] Jupiter Pool  (Read 75378 times)
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:31:37 PM

Update:
Soniq just sent out a new Bitmessage, regarding payment addresses and much more;)
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:31:03 PM

I am still not listed in the OP. I bought 3 shares

https://blockchain.info/tx/73fcc54d5a8886ce5bcb3647a40cdb6cbb06ddb8f9e0591d5e29c1a9a673ea87
soniq (OP)

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:57:13 PM

Do you receive the  email updates? If so the master balance sheet shows you as owning three shares. I also sent a new email update today

Did you receive the test dividend payment for three shares? sent on July 08, 2013

Did you receive the Bitmessage update? sent out an update today

Are you added to Skype group? I post regular updates there

If no to any/all of the above, send me your email and Skype user

P.S. Just checked OP, and you are listed there for three shares, just payment address is missing. I have added that now

rikigst

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:03:34 PM

Just a note: @ Bitfunder group buy called ADDICTION https://bitfunder.com/asset/ADDICTION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244042.0 you can buy shares for 0.439BTC/GHash/s. I personally bought one share here @ 0.182BTC/GHash/s.
soniq (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:13:35 PM

Just a note: @ Bitfunder group buy called ADDICTION https://bitfunder.com/asset/ADDICTION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244042.0 you can buy shares for 0.439BTC/GHash/s. I personally bought one share here @ 0.182BTC/GHash/s.

interesting....you can buy 2.1 GH/s here for .5 BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242878.msg2577450#msg2577450

weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:23:10 PM

Do you receive the  email updates? If so the master balance sheet shows you as owning three shares. I also sent a new email update today

Did you receive the test dividend payment for three shares? sent on July 08, 2013

Did you receive the Bitmessage update? sent out an update today

Are you added to Skype group? I post regular updates there

If no to any/all of the above, send me your email and Skype user

P.S. Just checked OP, and you are listed there for three shares, just payment address is missing. I have added that now

okay  received test dividend so everything is fine.
Thank you.
zorprime

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:06:31 AM

I took a look at Bitfunder, but am not that familiar with the details of listing shares of miners (specifically what the costs / caveats / issues are of being listed).

1. Are there additional costs associated with this? (Listing fees, mgmt fees, etc)
2. Are there any restrictions on shares? (Lockout timeframes, sale fees, who can buy/sell, etc)
3. How is EOL handled for the fund? (Yield < Power costs)
4. For a mining pool, how are hardware failures handled? (Direct dilution across the pool, specific person is SOL, share retirement, etc)

Sorry if these are elementary questions. I have experience with stock options (employee and "general"), RSUs, stocks, bonds, etc, but have never worked with something like this in the bitcoin space, and don't feel informed enough about it to vote "+1" or "-1".

Thoughts?

Hey guys,

1. I have offered to waive the listing fee for you guys, and there are no management fees.
2. None.
3. That is no different than how it is handled currently.
4. Also, same answer as how it is handled now.

BitFunder is just a means to be able to account for, and trade your shares.

Hope this helps Smiley
Ukyo

Ukyo, thanks for the details.  I appreciate the patient responses on this!
FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:30:21 PM

Any word on plans to go to an exchange?
soniq (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:34:50 PM

Any word on plans to go to an exchange?

I sent out an email update last night regarding this very topic.

You didnt receive? please send me your email

Cheers

miner_btc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Got the email update and transcript of skype chat. Good info there. Glad to see they have addressed the security problem that popped off recently. Kinda wish now I could move my securities at BTCT.co over to BF. For anyone that didn't receive or read the email, there will be a voting email sent out early next week to decide on listing on BitFunder.
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:03:02 AM

I think BitFunder should be OK, although after the fiasco of GLBSE I am wary now.

You were going to use the KnC's hosting for the Jupiters, weren't you?
AFAIK, the points 2, 3, 4 and 5 are covered by a hosting fee of $350 monthly per device.

2. Power supplies needed for the miners
3. Shipping costs
4. Setup work to install the miners
5. Incidental repairs and replacement costs
6. (...)
7. Hosting fees for the miners

Aren't they covered?
Do you list them just in case?
Or do you want to host the machines elsewhere?
rikigst

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:33:46 PM

AFAIK, the points 2, 3, 4 and 5 are covered by a hosting fee of $350 monthly per device.

Aren't they covered?
good question! I can't see why we shouldn't rely on KNC hosting, since:
1) new machines could provide hw / sw errors, that could be resolved with more ease by KNC staff.
2) I can't see how we could make everyone agree on a different single hosting location
3) lack of trust (aka foresight)
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:22:10 PM

Kinda wish now I could move my securities at BTCT.co over to BF.
for me BTCT.co is much better (I know both and the handling of BTCT.co is much better)
miner_btc

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

One thing that was not mentioned in the voting email is payment of dividends. If we vote yes, those will then be paid into our BitFunder account right? If we are to be able to trade and liquidate them that is kind of a necessary thing.

3. Shipping costs
6. (...)

Aren't they covered?

^This +1.
soniq (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:26:37 PM

I think BitFunder should be OK, although after the fiasco of GLBSE I am wary now.

3. Shipping costs
6. (...)

Aren't they covered?

-They are listed just in case, currently still planning on hosting with KNC

-Power supplies will still be extra

-$350 will cover hosting, but not repairs and replacing parts, and currently dont know if there will be an extra installation cost?

One thing that was not mentioned in the voting email is payment of dividends. If we vote yes, those will then be paid into our BitFunder account right? If we are to be able to trade and liquidate them that is kind of a necessary thing.

3. Shipping costs
6. (...)

Aren't they covered?

^This +1.
dividend payments will be paid to Bitfunder account if you vote Yes

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:53:59 PM

3. Shipping costs

-$350 will cover hosting, but not repairs and replacing parts, and currently dont know if there will be an extra installation cost?

They wrote (on 6/3/2013; bolded by me):
Quote from: KnCminer
We will also be offering tailored hosting of our own devices. Hosting packages offered will be specially made for each hosting customer. Please contact us at info@kncminer.com for more information about hosting.

Some benefits of hosting:

No costs for shipping/import taxes
     All costs included not hidden extra management fees
     Your hardware will be monitored 24/7 by our staff
     Your box will hash for you on day one
    95% uptime guarantee

For those of you interested in hosting choose Stockholm pickup as the shipping mnethod

We will release final costs soon and if you want to use our hosting that’s fine, if you want to then have the box shipped you can simply pay for the shipping and we will ship your box instead.

Why would we pay for repairs or replacing parts of machines/PSU being under warranty?
It's ok to pay after the warranty period (12 months) if mining on them is still profitable then.
But... What is the source of info about PSU not included in 6 x $350 hosting fees?

It would be better to ask them officially all those questions. No NDA is needed for that.
soniq (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:57:17 AM

3. Shipping costs

They wrote (on 6/3/2013; bolded by me):
Quote from: KnCminer
We will also be offering tailored hosting of our own devices. Hosting packages offered will be specially made for each hosting customer. Please contact us at info@kncminer.com for more information about hosting.

Some benefits of hosting:

No costs for shipping/import taxes
     All costs included not hidden extra management fees
     Your hardware will be monitored 24/7 by our staff
     Your box will hash for you on day one
    95% uptime guarantee

For those of you interested in hosting choose Stockholm pickup as the shipping mnethod

We will release final costs soon and if you want to use our hosting that’s fine, if you want to then have the box shipped you can simply pay for the shipping and we will ship your box instead.

Why would we pay for repairs or replacing parts of machines/PSU being under warranty?
It's ok to pay after the warranty period (12 months) if mining on them is still profitable then.
But... What is the source of info about PSU not included in 6 x $350 hosting fees?

It would be better to ask them officially all those questions. No NDA is needed for that.

You are stating the obvious, of course there will be no replacement or repair costs while under warranty, but things do possibly break that are not under warranty. Or repairs and replacement once warranty is over

The extra cost for PSU is not a myth, there will be an extra charge for PSU. It has not been determined yet.

NDA was for something totally unrelated to your questions and was explained in email.

soniq (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:04:53 AM

Just a reminder for all members to check there emails and vote on Exchange listing. Also sent a message via Bitmessage

A non vote counts as a No vote,

Voting will be over in 6 hours

Cheers

miner_btc

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:10:31 PM

There have been about 100 names proposed in the emails and I don't know that more than 1 person has voted for the same thing. Can we get a list posted here and a final vote?
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:46:21 AM

There have been about 100 names proposed in the emails and I don't know that more than 1 person has voted for the same thing. Can we get a list posted here and a final vote?

I think consolidating some of the info thats been going around through emails/skype/bitmsg(i never set one up)/etc into this thread or even starting a new one would be beneficial!

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: