Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy]12 KNCminer Jupiter's 15 Sold [Closed] Jupiter Pool  (Read 75395 times)
Plissken

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

...we still need some additional transparency as others have mentioned imo.
I think we need someone that can check the bookkeeping Soniq has done till now.
Together they should figure out all the errors and mistakes that have been made, correct them and start with a clean slate with a simple payment method (for example my spreadsheet) and inform the participants the way I indicated.

Thanks Ben!!!.

What you explained is what I thought from day one.
Please check and help you all Soniq.
For my part, I am willing to donate whatever you need.

batteries connected Soniq Smiley

mikal

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:46:59 AM

Thanks Ben!

Soniq, there are more and more of us who begin to feel concerned. The minimum of what we need is clear answer: WHEN do you think you can answer our questions (about payment dates, BTC mined, NMC mined, additional costs)?
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:13:27 PM

So only thing left clearing up are the two missing dividends? Then eyes on the new horizon? Am I understanding this correclty?
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

So only thing left clearing up are the two missing dividends? Then eyes on the new horizon? Am I understanding this correclty?
No, I would strongly like to suggest to have someone check the books before we move on with a clean slate. I saw too many things in the big sheet that I can't explain. I am NOT saying Soniq is taking advantage of anything.

First of all, Soniq needs to reply in this thread to the questions asked by various participants.
Then we need to find a way to get a 100% correct bookkeeping of the past, then we can start with a clean slate and have regular dividend payments.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:52:12 PM

No, I would strongly like to suggest to have someone check the books before we move on with a clean slate. I saw too many things in the big sheet that I can't explain. I am NOT saying Soniq is taking advantage of anything.

First of all, Soniq needs to reply in this thread to the questions asked by various participants.
Then we need to find a way to get a 100% correct bookkeeping of the past, then we can start with a clean slate and have regular dividend payments.

Checking the books is a good thing, but it could mean we get our next dividend after 2-3 or more months based on Soniq availability till now. Soniq changed the excel workbook with payment data 3 or 4 times and the payment data in the different workbooks was different and inconsistent (someone keeping a copy of each of the workbooks?). There were some compensation payments in the first few payments, because based on the Soniq calculations some of the members were payed more then it should and some were payed less. The last one (you were working on it) looked much more correct then the other ones, so when I saw it I thought it's OK now and all the problems are sorted. I own less the 0.02% of this GB and my payments are small and that's why I didn't took a good look at the calculations. I was sure whoever made a GB could make a basic and simple calculations and distribute the right amount to the GB members. How can we speed the things up, so we don't wait months for the next dividend?

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

I'm willing to look over the numbers and check the books either tomorrow on my day off or sometime next week, the more of us that double check the better obviously.

I can find the excel sheet but I'll need some starting data and baseline figures from soniq, as we've been requesting from the start...

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
BenTuras

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:00:36 AM

Checking the books is a good thing, but it could mean we get our next dividend after 2-3 or more months based on Soniq availability till now.
I don't agree. Checking the books should be done before the end of January, preferable even within a week. Soniq will have to communicate soon, or else ...
Soniq changed the excel workbook with payment data 3 or 4 times and the payment data in the different workbooks was different and inconsistent (someone keeping a copy of each of the workbooks?). There were some compensation payments in the first few payments, because based on the Soniq calculations some of the members were payed more then it should and some were payed less. The last one (you were working on it) looked much more correct then the other ones, so when I saw it I thought it's OK now and all the problems are sorted. I own less the 0.02% of this GB and my payments are small and that's why I didn't took a good look at the calculations. I was sure whoever made a GB could make a basic and simple calculations and distribute the right amount to the GB members. How can we speed the things up, so we don't wait months for the next dividend?
To speed things up and keep it friendly here, Soniq needs to reply in this thread this weekend. He will have to communicate and together with his participants make a plan to get this behind us. After all the problems have been solved he'll have to use a simpler method of calculating dividends, supply his participants with all the information required to validate his management of the GBs and pay dividend on a predetermined regular base.

After the check of the bookkeeping, all findings have to be published here and corrected. Participants should check the findings and if they don't agree, they should say so. All this should be done before the end of January. In the mean time, I would like to strongly suggest to pay at least 50% of the dividend according to the spreadsheet I made, which didn't got any comment from any participant that the numbers are wrong.

As far as I know, Soniq lives in the UK. It's easy for me to buy a ticket, go there and check the books with him on a weekend. (I think face-to-face works better than online). MilkyLep also offered to check the books, so at least two participants can do this for the group. Milkylep, living in the USA can validate the work of Soniq and me after the check of the bookkeeping has been done.

It's not that hard to do it right for Soniq, but he has to take the first step and COMMUNICATE.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
dutu

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:45:05 AM

Checking the books should be done before the end of January, preferable even within a week. Soniq will have to communicate soon, or else ...
[..]
Soniq needs to reply in this thread this weekend. He will have to communicate and together with his participants make a plan to get this behind us.
I find proposed timelines reasonable. Soniq, your feedback on proposed timelines is required

In the mean time, I would like to strongly suggest to pay at least 50% of the dividend according to the spreadsheet I made, which didn't get any comment from any participant that the numbers are wrong.
Agree with the suggestion and perhaps 50% of the 2 week dividends shoud be kept as a reserve for corrections if any needed (corrections should be done once books are checked)

It's easy for me to buy a ticket, go there and check the books with him on a weekend. (I think face-to-face works better than online).
This is a good suggestion, Ben and am I willing to sponsor part of the trip (share the cost with whoever else is volunteer to sponsor as well).
BTW, I own a small amount of shares (400), but as per my own (probably not 100% accurate) calculation, I am still BTC1+ short in div payments so far. I would rather prefer "donating" this 1 BTC for having the books clear and transparent.

Ben, I have also checked your excel file and it looks OK. It is also pretty easy to maintain going forward, perhaps a few fields would need to be added (such as hosting cost), but this is very easy.
I am also willing to collaborate checking the books.

and yes...

It's not that hard to do it right for Soniq, but he has to take the first step and COMMUNICATE.
Bitbuy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:31:55 PM

These sound like a good way of going forward. I can also understand that some form of compensation for the trip would be in order. If possible, part of a dividend payout can go to towards this purpose, or Soniq can split / give up a part of the management fee.
Vanderi

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

So where the hell is he then, answering the crew doesn't get more imperative than right now, ffs

"I was on business over the weekend", I really hope it's not going to sound like that after yet another failed week without payments.

This just plain sucks and any points for style in coordination will NOT be given. Only thing missing is he f*cking defaults and goes to hiding in some Canada woods.

Well atleast the man is balls deep in his own soup so the risk isn't the biggest.

By the way he was calling around all those entities concerning our GB in some ways, he called KNC regarding the compensation for delays and some techies when they went AWOL, maybe it's time for someone to call him, only thing needed is knowing the details that are missing and preferably have english as first language.

So who's up for it?

-edit I now see a trip to his place is forming, the more communications the merrier, maybe sit down his lap to be sure. I can probably speak for me and my venture bud that we could give some btc from our part of all the unpaid dividends, when they arrive
Vanderi

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:15:41 PM

On second thought, give full rights and percentages to Ben, he's the one who stopped this from getting into clusterf*ck mode and it's all downhill from now anyway
Bitbuy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:01:06 AM

Please respond, can't be so hard:
Last Active:    January 11, 2014, 05:47:51 PM
Deoptics8

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:22:44 PM

He sent us an email during the offer period, on July 3rd, stating that he was in Canada during Canada Day. I believe it is in western Canada due to the times he sent the emails. This should help any sponsorship of meeting him, if needed, for any North American volunteers. The only reason I confirmed it was that I work for small fiber optic carrier that has colo facilities in New Jersey, Halifax, Dublin, Ireland and Manchester, U.K. if hosting this GB would be a viable option versus @ KNC in Stockholm. With these results, I haven't pursue it further. I unfortunately cannot assist until mid-February as I am on business trips until then, but I am willing to help with the sponsorship. There is also no response on his own site, I am watching and waiting.  Huh

dutu

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:02:53 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 10:17:15 PM by dutu

[Edit... removed soniq contact details]

Am I the only one missing dividends payment this week?
Anyone received any reply or feedback? I see he is still on-line but no reply to any of the messages here on the forum... still waiting...
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:17:45 PM

yes, soniq is in Canada, Edmonton
Larry A. Strawson

Am I the only one missing dividends payment this week?
Anyone received any reply or feedback? I see he is still on-line but no reply to any of the messages here on the forum... still waiting...

Nothing on any fronts...

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
soniq (OP)

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Update on balancing books

Appreciate Bens offer of the spreadsheet, but have software already that is more robust.

The biggest issue was I was using one wallet for three different GB's, mining income and personal use. And even though I labeled every transaction, I wasn't aware that each transaction creates a change address.

So am in the process of manually verifying all the transactions and change addresses to see where the change needs to be allocated too.

I have a member of the group going over all these change addresses currently, and income generated and  should be complete this week.

Have since created separate wallets for all GB's to avoid this issue in the future.

The Jupiters are still mining and current income to be paid has been verified.

Namecoin mined was posted in a previous post, but currently the NMC balance is currently about 2200 NMC, again I don't know precise total as I am receiving personally mined NMC  into the same wallet. But the public addresses for the GB NMC is N6eYH9gXketBSdCzCjzg9B9aoAZtoGgBvD  and N1p98kiGrodAUhxqKZUCaumQKNxHAWtb1D 

But should be relatively easy to separate NMC balance as there is no transactions at all out of this wallet

I apologize for the delay

dutu

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:04:24 PM

Soniq, please post expenses incurred so far and amount of bitcoin mined.
When can we have this information as it was NEVER communicated?
Vanderi

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:48:43 PM

Update on balancing books

Appreciate Bens offer of the spreadsheet, but have software already that is more robust.

The biggest issue was I was using one wallet for three different GB's, mining income and personal use. And even though I labeled every transaction, I wasn't aware that each transaction creates a change address.

So am in the process of manually verifying all the transactions and change addresses to see where the change needs to be allocated too.

I have a member of the group going over all these change addresses currently, and income generated and  should be complete this week.

Have since created separate wallets for all GB's to avoid this issue in the future.

The Jupiters are still mining and current income to be paid has been verified.

Namecoin mined was posted in a previous post, but currently the NMC balance is currently about 2200 NMC, again I don't know precise total as I am receiving personally mined NMC  into the same wallet. But the public addresses for the GB NMC is N6eYH9gXketBSdCzCjzg9B9aoAZtoGgBvD  and N1p98kiGrodAUhxqKZUCaumQKNxHAWtb1D 

But should be relatively easy to separate NMC balance as there is no transactions at all out of this wallet

I apologize for the delay

If Ben is ok with it, I would like to see him closer to the ongoings of the GB for the future.

BenTuras

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

I had a chat with Soniq on Skype. This is the outcome:
- He is getting help from agibby5 to solve all past issues. This will be ready before Sunday 10pm Ontario time and he will report the outcome to us here.
- When the check is ready, he will email me all information needed for me to do a double check. I will report back a week later, don't want to do a rush job.
- Until now, these are the only expenses paid from the mining income: Hosting fee twice, management fee and penalty for paying hosting fee late. The programmer has not been paid for his work(wasn't finished).
- On Monday 20th of January, the day after Soniq has reported the outcome of all corrections, we can expect a 50% dividend payment of all dividend due by January 19th.
- Monday 27th of January, the day after I have reported the outcome of the second book check, we can expect the remainder of the 50% dividend payment due by January 19th.
- From Sunday 2nd of February weekly dividend payments will be done.

Soniq was very cooperative and wants to get this behind us. If he does what he promised, it will happen.

dutu

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:20:42 PM

I had a chat with Soniq on Skype. This is the outcome:
- He is getting help from agibby5 to solve all past issues. This will be ready before Sunday 10pm Ontario time and he will report the outcome to us here.
- When the check is ready, he will email me all information needed for me to do a double check. I will report back a week later, don't want to do a rush job.
- Until now, these are the only expenses paid from the mining income: Hosting fee twice, management fee and penalty for paying hosting fee late. The programmer has not been paid for his work(wasn't finished).
- On Monday 20th of January, the day after Soniq has reported the outcome of all corrections, we can expect a 50% dividend payment of all dividend due by January 19th.
- Monday 27th of January, the day after I have reported the outcome of the second book check, we can expect the remainder of the 50% dividend payment due by January 19th.
- From Sunday 2nd of February weekly dividend payments will be done.

Soniq was very cooperative and wants to get this behind us. If he does what he promised, it will happen.

Thanks a lot for the update, Ben! Your contribution is excellent!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: