Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:50:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is POW token a scam?  (Read 7983 times)
kobri0815

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:39:19 PM

It is an airdrop so how can it be a scam? There is no way to guarantee the price of a coin won’t drop. In any case, altcoins are in red, perhaps you want to wait to see whether the price increase.

That are indeed my thoughts. Everyone is calling something a "scam" even if they get it for free. So funny world...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabi3

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:40:59 PM

Joined the POW token airdrop the other day, got around 300k POW Tokens and it claimed it was worth $850. Then a moment later when I checked again it dropped down to $140. Does anyone know if it is legit?
I have joined the pow airdrop too, but I don't think it is a scam project, the time will approve to us if is it scam or not.

lazygin001 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:14 PM

Well, why not legal? The price was simply dropped very much because there was no support and nobody needed a coin

It dropped from 850 to 150 in less than 5 minutes thats what got me wondering. Anyway it is now something like $40 so probably gonna forget about it in a few months time
lazygin001 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:43:07 PM

It is an airdrop so how can it be a scam? There is no way to guarantee the price of a coin won’t drop. In any case, altcoins are in red, perhaps you want to wait to see whether the price increase.

Yeah I guess the only way to find out is to be patience. Really want one of these tokens to be successful as some of the ones I looked at seem to be little unpromising.
lazygin001 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:54:11 PM

That are indeed my thoughts. Everyone is calling something a "scam" even if they get it for free. So funny world...

Like I said, it is not just money that can be involved in a scam. It is also your personal data that can be obtained through it. Even though you are getting it for free but realistically you are still "buying" the tokens with some of your personal assets.
ntb85

Activity: 97

ETHEREUM BULLISH

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:39:58 PM

I hopethis thing takes value as i have a huuuuge amount of them haha Grin
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:12:47 AM

Joined the POW token airdrop the other day, got around 300k POW Tokens and it claimed it was worth $850. Then a moment later when I checked again it dropped down to $140. Does anyone know if it is legit?

i thinks it is unfair if we say that pow token is a scam coins, because of its value dropped down $140.maybe this thing happen because there selling would dump.as a bitcoiner & trader all we do is support to make this coin successful in black chain market.pow token is an airdrop so how to be known it is a scam, who would guarantee that this is  a scam  without knowing really happen to the situation.

Merptastic

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:16:30 AM

Does anyone know how they're basing the price of these POW Tokens?

Are they basing it off the price of POW?
lazygin001 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:07:49 AM

I hopethis thing takes value as i have a huuuuge amount of them haha Grin

haha how much did you receive when you applied for the airdrop? I was about 350k but I know it was a lot more at the beginning
lazygin001 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:23:03 AM

i thinks it is unfair if we say that pow token is a scam coins, because of its value dropped down $140.maybe this thing happen because there selling would dump.as a bitcoiner & trader all we do is support to make this coin successful in black chain market.pow token is an airdrop so how to be known it is a scam, who would guarantee that this is  a scam  without knowing really happen to the situation.

Yes indeed I should have used another term rather thank calling it a scam straight away with much evidence. Guess we will find out more in December time.
lazygin001 (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:08:43 AM

Does anyone know how they're basing the price of these POW Tokens?

Are they basing it off the price of POW?

Yes I think it is based on the price of POW. It has really gone down recently and currently not worth anything at all.
cryptobaboon

Activity: 1498
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:32:18 AM

Well, why not legal? The price was simply dropped very much because there was no support and nobody needed a coin

It dropped from 850 to 150 in less than 5 minutes thats what got me wondering. Anyway it is now something like $40 so probably gonna forget about it in a few months time
I guess it was much more a coincidence. The price is based on etherdelta prices https://etherdelta.com/#POW-ETH which bases on sell only from those who received some coins in the blockchain with that marketing campain. The thing is: the airdrop is linked with you FB account and each token will be swapped to a real ERC20 token by the end of the year and then, and only then, you'll be able to exchange it for anything.
Look at their whitepaper: http://powtoken.com/POW_Whitepaper_19_09_2017.pdf . Based on their previsions, this could really worth some good money. The amount of coins being distributed is still very high. Even though its valued as eg US$0.001 would still give you 300bucks from the void! And this is definitely an achievable price! There are 240billion tokens out there and eg Bytecoin already passed that mark with 183billion coins.
This is an airdrop, like all the others spread along BTT, with a different approach and still open! That's free money, no matter anyone say the opposite... you can register yourself and wait holding your popcorn until it sees the sun ... or just don't and may lose the chance of winning some. It's up to you guys! My slice is already guaranteed Smiley
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 01:42:10 AM

it is hard to say if a token is a scam or legit simply because the price drops.
as we all know volatility is every cryptocurrencies problem.
therefore if a token suddenly encountered a huge decrease in the value will not automatically mean that it is a scam.
it needs further research before someone can tell if it is a scam or not.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:59:18 AM

I do not know POW token scam or not. Many people follow the Airdrop, including myself getting 2000,000 pow tokens. If pow token is not a scam, I am very grateful for what I get.
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:29:53 AM

POW token airdrop distribution is unique, they create lite version of POW and 'lock' it till end of this year before this lite version can be swap for the 'real' POW, for now only dev know how much POW token we can get if claim the real POW at the end of this year, its a good strategy for the token, sure this token will give us some surprise when the swap ended, its agood or a bad surprise we dont know, let the time show to us in next couple months :v
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:14:07 AM

Because it is made together with Facebook accounts people start sending POW each to other for doing some things like posting and so create real value, in no time same people will start to pay real hard cash to get some POW. Just a simple idea with really big potential because of distribution and Facebook community behind which will create a buzz in media for free.

jkooi

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:22:18 AM

Untill you put money in it, it can't be a scam, because by definition, airdrop is free money.
I don't understand how somebody giving you money would result in you calling it a scam Cheesy

Words to life by!
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:56:14 PM

I guess it was much more a coincidence. The price is based on etherdelta prices https://etherdelta.com/#POW-ETH which bases on sell only from those who received some coins in the blockchain with that marketing campain. The thing is: the airdrop is linked with you FB account and each token will be swapped to a real ERC20 token by the end of the year and then, and only then, you'll be able to exchange it for anything.
Look at their whitepaper: http://powtoken.com/POW_Whitepaper_19_09_2017.pdf . Based on their previsions, this could really worth some good money. The amount of coins being distributed is still very high. Even though its valued as eg US$0.001 would still give you 300bucks from the void! And this is definitely an achievable price! There are 240billion tokens out there and eg Bytecoin already passed that mark with 183billion coins.
This is an airdrop, like all the others spread along BTT, with a different approach and still open! That's free money, no matter anyone say the opposite... you can register yourself and wait holding your popcorn until it sees the sun ... or just don't and may lose the chance of winning some. It's up to you guys! My slice is already guaranteed Smiley

Yes, discussion about price now is premature and make no sense. By the way, does anyone know how many people have received the airdrop so far?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:56:49 PM

Have also gotten into their airdrop. Amd i must say it is quite interesting because it is unique. But im not sure wether it is really legitimate or not. The only thing i know is that if its legit, i get beer money, and if not, then sad. Have nothing to lose, its just am airdrop. But i really do hooe they are for real. Because i coukd really use some bar money for this comming Christmas lol.
fikito33

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

I got 291,281  Pow tokens Grin !! i hope that it is not a scam !! but i think surly not so we will see in December what will happen !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: