Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million...  (Read 18084 times)
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:24:34 PM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

Somebody woke his ass up in the middle of the night for this?

I hope you guys are proud of that. The guy has a life !

#4 is spot on. Stop watching the calendar, get away from the computer, and do something else for a few days. Go camping, unplug, go have a drink, whatever.

The chips will get here when they get here.  You can't affect it by posting on the forums. Just because you paid XX BTC does not mean you set the timetable.

And yes, I have quite a few BTC and $$ invested (probably more than you might think), so it's not like I don't have skin in the game.

Relax.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:35:37 PM

Huh why relax? Look at the BTC chart today. That's what happens when someone wants to cash out a modest amount of BTC at once.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:41:42 PM

Huh why relax? Look at the BTC chart today. That's what happens when someone wants to cash out a modest amount of BTC at once.

If you had taken the time to read up n Avalon you would know that they don't sell their BTC over the open market. Also: price goes up and down daily, not a reaction to anything related to Avalon. Chill.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:44:24 PM

Thanks for the reply, Yifu. It is definitely reassuring. Perhaps you could explain why Feb 2nd orders are being stonewalled and you are shipping Feb 18th orders beforehand? We paid 75 btc and they paid 55 btc, and we put a lot of faith in you, and the Feb 2nd orders still do not appear in the shop. Also, what about the Batch 1 sap who still hasn't gotten his ASIC?

Based on the USD/BTC price at these dates you paid roughly the same amount for either batch. I can of course understand the frustration anyway.
photon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:45:14 PM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
2. an update incoming in < 1 week, pretty exciting.
3. we fully understand there is problems with orders ( no way?! )
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

Thank you for this response, BitSyncom. No doubt, hearing from you has made a lot of people feel a bit better. We know (and generally assume) that you're extremely busy, but just this quick post means something.

Looking forward to the forthcoming update. Again, thanks.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:52:30 PM

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).

I don't check the forum that often, but a weekly newsletter with updates on where you guys are at would mean I'd have to check it even less. Just saying, a little communication goes a LONG way. You do realize those of us that sent in our Icarus devices have lost ~$120 per Icarus in mining revenues over the last month, right?

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

I'm not sure very many people here think you do, actually. It's probably the person doing the money conversion into Renminbi for you. I think most people probably realize/recognize that.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:02:01 PM

I appreciate the response, even if it means that all of those who are "in" with Avalon chips aren't going to bail. I see the "sky is falling" posts all the time on here and while some are genuinely informative and may save someone from a bad business decision; most are based on getting others to get out of the game so that they can make more BTC.
That is why it is best to live by your own convictions and investment ideas. There's a lot of good info here, but you have to sift through a lot to get the kernels.

In the end, talk is cheap; results matter.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:02:20 PM

lastly, food for though:

Somebody woke his ass up in the middle of the night for this?

I hope you guys are proud of that. The guy has a life !

#4 is spot on. Stop watching the calendar, get away from the computer, and do something else for a few days. Go camping, unplug, go have a drink, whatever.

The chips will get here when they get here.  You can't affect it by posting on the forums. Just because you paid XX BTC does not mean you set the timetable.

And yes, I have quite a few BTC and $$ invested (probably more than you might think), so it's not like I don't have skin in the game.

Relax.

I agree with you guys, but I can't pull myself away.  I want to go do other things, and then something happens and I miss it and then I can't stop refreshing my watchlist!

Damn you people and your awesomeness.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:08:09 PM

Bitsyncom thanks you read this thread but please please cant you hire at least one support person? There are so many questions that arent "when does my avalon batch 1 ship", even you payment provider claims he cant get in contact with you, there are order problems and no response. In fact your posts are the only things i heard from avalon since a long time. It really puts a burden of many customers that avalon isnt communicating while the solution is so easy.

Please consider!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:13:27 PM

Bitsyncom thanks you read this thread but please please cant you hire at least one support person? There are so many questions that arent "when does my avalon batch 1 ship", even you payment provider claims he cant get in contact with you, there are order problems and no response. In fact your posts are the only things i heard from avalon since a long time. It really puts a burden of many customers that avalon isnt communicating while the solution is so easy.

Please consider!

Sebastian, you're just a customer, nothing more. Go outside and hug your mother, if you're into that thing. The tens of thousands of dollars you have on the line doesn't give you any right to anything, including but not limited to a response to your inquiries.

Can we all please feel bad for Yifu for a moment? He got woken up in the middle of the night, because people who have given him nearly 10 million dollars without a word of response are getting uneasy. I really feel sorry for Yifu, it must be tough.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:18:50 PM

I have a contact in China which I use for sourcing inventory. Last week I asked her to look into getting ahold of the Avalon chips for less than the 0.085~ BTC rate the chips are typically going for in this forum's group buy threads. She contacted the TSMC foundry, which said that they aren't producing the chips anymore. At the time I brushed it off as maybe she had bad information or any other numbers of things could have happened, but with this new information this does not bode well.

Is it not possible that TSMC would just deny producing Avalon chips due to security/insurance concerns?
Admitting it is pretty much saying "come on in guys, we produce money generating ICs!"

The key word here is "anymore". Also I doubt that the world's largest semiconductor foundry is worried about security.

Man, think about what you write. TSMC is a motherfuckin' business of $14 billion turnover per year. You just do not call them and ask to the operator, "hey, are you still doing those Avalon chips, yeah, those for that Yifu student in his 20s and his friend"?

Come on, how can you even dare to post something like this in a forum without feeling ridiculous?

Wake up, man: TSMC has more than 30,000 employees. Your "friend" is full of shit, and your crazy/dumb/whatever for even listening at her without laughing out loud.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:32:07 PM

If you had taken the time to read up n Avalon you would know that they don't sell their BTC over the open market. Also: price goes up and down daily, not a reaction to anything related to Avalon. Chill.

wow ..  you really wrote that?

so as long as Avalon hands those btc to someone outside of an exchange for money, then those piles of btc will NEVER hit exchanges ever!!! 

brilliant!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
dvolosk

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:34:36 PM

Man, think about what you write. TSMC is a motherfuckin' business of $14 billion turnover per year. You just do not call them and ask to the operator, "hey, are you still doing those Avalon chips, yeah, those for that Yifu student in his 20s and his friend"?

Come on, how can you even dare to post something like this in a forum without feeling ridiculous?

Wake up, man: TSMC has more than 30,000 employees. Your "friend" is full of shit, and your crazy/dumb/whatever for even listening at her without laughing out loud.

1) This was all settled on the last page. You missed the bus bro.

2) As I mentioned before, I was told what I was told a week ago and I didn't bring it up. The only reason I brought it up now was because of some potentially troubling news in the OP. (I missed the post where Yifu said that he was woken up in the middle of the night and came to post)

3) This person represents a network of people in China that have previously been extremely good at sourcing anything we've possibly needed. In the case of the Avalons this is the first time they've ever been unable to find something for me. This isn't the case of someone who says he has an uncle that works at Nintendo.

But all of this is a moot point because it was settled on the last page.
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

Can we all please feel bad for Yifu for a moment? He got woken up in the middle of the night, because people who have given him nearly 10 million dollars without a word of response are getting uneasy. I really feel sorry for Yifu, it must be tough.

I saw the videos of the conference, and was satisfied for 60 days.

I don't need a minute-by-minute update, and fully support Yifu, and DO feel sorry for him, for having to tolerate the BS from individual orders.  I don't want to be a pain in his side.  I'm just hoping that my polite silence moves my order higher up in the queue.

Yifu, you know who's supporting you!  We won't tell, if you slip that order to the top of the pile! Cheesy
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:41:17 PM

2) As I mentioned before, I was told what I was told a week ago and I didn't bring it up. The only reason I brought it up now was because of some potentially troubling news in the OP. (I missed the post where Yifu said that he was woken up in the middle of the night and came to post)

3) This person represents a network of people in China that have previously been extremely good at sourcing anything we've possibly needed. In the case of the Avalons this is the first time they've ever been unable to find something for me. This isn't the case of someone who says he has an uncle that works at Nintendo.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:00:24 PM

Man. It's so f**king obvious that nobody can "source" Avalon chips from TSMC that is ridiculous you even asked. Do you have a clue of how a company like TSMC works? They are producing chips for EVERYBODY, including Apple or Nvidia, their security standards are top-notch and applied to every customer by default. Probably they don't even know who "Avalon" is, very likely every customer is just a number for 99.9% of the employees, and there's no friggin' way you contact TSMC and somebody is able to tell you that they are not manufacturing for this or the other customer.

Sorry, I didn't read the other page, I was (and I am) too amazed that you dared to ask such a thing to your "contact", and even more amazed by the fact that you had the guts to post such a ridiculous nonsense in a public forum.

And BTW, you have the proof now that "this person" is at the "an uncle that works at Nintendo" level, because he laughed out loud at your face telling you that somebody told her that TSMC is not producing those chips anymore. Only two options here bro, either she is a clown, or she is clueless, otherwise you just do not say such thing because you would feel ashamed.

AND BTW: next time ask her to "source" you the prototypes for the next iPhone from Foxconn, and when she replies that "somebody told me Foxconn is not manufacturing Apple devices anymore" you tell us, ok?

LOL

dvolosk

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:03:49 PM

Man. It's so f**king obvious that nobody can "source" Avalon chips from TSMC that is ridiculous you even asked. Do you have a clue of how a company like TSMC works? They are producing chips for EVERYBODY, including Apple or Nvidia, their security standards are top-notch and applied to every customer by default. Probably they don't even know who "Avalon" is, very likely every customer is just a number for 99.9% of the employees, and there's no friggin' way you contact TSMC and somebody is able to tell you that they are not manufacturing for this or the other customer.

Sorry, I didn't read the other page, I was (and I am) too amazed that you dared to ask such a thing to your "contact", and even more amazed by the fact that you had the guts to post such a ridiculous nonsense in a public forum.

And BTW, you have the proof now that "this person" is at the "an uncle that works at Nintendo" level, because he laughed out loud at your face telling you that somebody told her that TSMC is not producing those chips anymore. Only two options here bro, either she is a clown, or she is clueless, otherwise you just do not say such thing because you would feel ashamed.

AND BTW: next time ask her to "source" you the prototypes for the next iPhone from Foxconn, and when she replies that "somebody told me Foxconn is not manufacturing Apple devices anymore" you tell us, ok?

I'm fully aware of what TSMC is and its position, I just asked her because I figured it'd be worth a shot as she's never failed me in the past. I got a peculiar response which I thought nothing of until I saw this thread.

quit gettin mad about posts on the internet
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

I'm fully aware of what TSMC is and its position, I just asked her because I figured it'd be worth a shot as she's never failed me in the past. I got a peculiar response which I thought nothing of until I saw this thread.

I guarantee you I'm not mad at all, just amazed and laughing hard, really.

phoenikx

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:25:20 PM

You, my dear sir, should have realised that lots of people have invested in Avalon Asics and your "news" could at least cost 1 skipped heartbeat. What everyone is saying and what you need to understand, is that you should be very careful with wild accusations on the internet. What this community is looking for now is a simple apology and the promise you will show better wisdom next time.
Tehfiend (OP)

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Thanks for the quick update, much appreciated.

1. I'm sure you are extremely busy but IMO your customers who have collectively invested $millions in your bulk chips shouldn't have to dig up a 25 minute video for information on when they can expect their sample chips that I believe are now over 3 weeks late with no contact from Bitsyncom. A quick e-mail to your customers will go a LONG way in easing their concerns and reducing the conjecture/paranoia found on the forums.
2. Awesome, can't wait.
3. I personally have no glitched orders/tickets but I am curious why you have not hired a customer service rep or 2 to deal with us annoying customers. It seems pretty normal for people to worry when they get no response from a company's support system so I can't blame them. Even just a canned reply "We are looking into your issue!" goes a long way.
4. I know this sentiment is common but you have to realize that we have to come here because there is simply no official info about the delay and this is one of the few places people share what little info can be found. Some people have a LOT of money riding on you with very little information available. When I got the update that batch #2 was starting to ship in April I relaxed, hugged my mom, threw the ball with my kids etc etc. After a month passed with no tracking # or update I decided to check back here only to learn there wasn't much progress so far with batch #2 and the sample chips. Now that another three weeks have passed without any update, surly you can understand why a lot of us are curious about what is going on. Your update above is the first I've heard that you are having production issues that are not currently solved and the irony is I learned this on these forums, not from an official Bitsyncom update so you are training us to come to this cesspool of a forum Tongue. I'm telling you man just a quick update to your customers will go a loooooooong way. I have 2 boys in baseball so I get plenty of sun and don't have the time to dig up videos and random forums posts to find out why the miners I spent my hard-mined BTC on are now almost 2 months late. It's like I tell my daughter when she goes out. I don't mind if you are going to be late but just give me a quick call so I know what to expect and avoid losing any sleep needlessly worrying.

Again I deeply appreciate your efforts and I look forward the next "official update" Cheesy

Re:
lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink
This was the original point of my post (not to bring up batch #2 delays) and I find this ambiguous response "interesting". I didn't expect that you would directly address this post but while you're hear why not just clear the air and end the conjecture? The facts VERY strongly suggest these are the funds you have received for bulk chip orders. The transactions match bulk order amounts and began exactly when orders opened. I believe some people have tracked their coins to that address as well. I was planning to order 10k chips but backed out since there was very little info but have been watching with extreme curiosity especially now that the sample chips have been delayed with no official response.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: