Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Coin?  (Read 2516 times)
NutellaboY

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:09:21 PM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?

Well that was just a joke I bet. Also maybe they've raised some money with insane religious fanatics who bought that coin. No one in bright mood will spent a penny on that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

Hahaha the day I saw it I laughed and downloaded their whitepaper tohave a look. While reading the document I almost fell on the ground laughing because of their sense of humour and bluntness to their proposal. Anybody who invested on it must have done so for fun because they didn't promise anything. Don't say they scam you. Always read whitepaper before you invest in any coin.
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:22:58 PM

I don't think that calling a coin a religious name is a good decision. Any religion should be treated with respect.
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:13:40 PM

I don't think that calling a coin a religious name is a good decision. Any religion should be treated with respect.
I agree with you, maybe the guys are too disrespectful to religion. But nevertheless the site is funny, they have a talent.  Smiley
wizzydizzycrypto

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:50:48 AM

I would just stay away, it's either a distasteful joke or a very bad idea for an ICO.

Their sale has finished now anyways...
UFO2018

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:01:51 AM

Sounds interesting. Do you have more detailed information? I would like to dig this coin a little more deeply. Thank you.
mrdelacrua

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

Jesus coin Team

Jesus ChristFounder and CEO After a few years napping in heaven, Jesus got tired of seeing the financial injustice created by the banks and decided to resurrect once more in order bring forth his own cryptocurrency and solve all of earth’s ills.

Judas IscariotTrustee In order to allay any fears about transparency concerning the Jesus Coin project, Jesus decided to entrust the role of the trustee to a colleague who will not hesitate to denounce all dubious acts that do not conform with the law.

Saint PeterPublic Relations As spokesperson of the apostles, Saint Peter is considered by Jesus to be the best suited person to fulfill this role.It seems that after his comeback on earth he fell in love with McDonalds and passes his time there.
Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

Something's fishy about the name,  nah, I just hope they won't be strike with karma if they use that name on scamming people.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

I'm resurrecting (get it? haha... um, ha...) the Jesus Coin thread again.
It's a fantastic thread and much welcome when nowadays you mostly have newbies whining about the market or asking what they should buy or if eth will die.

Don't take my word, check it out yourself, the Jesus Coin website will definitely get you a laugh.
Or, if you are a strong Christian, probably offend you.

Jesus Coin is a great example on just how creative and crazy the crypto world can be.
It was made as a joke coin, but actually ended up making quite a bit of money in their "ico".
From there, it got a bit of a cult following and the price has stayed steady and has even risen at times.

Then, of course, copycats started popping up.
People wanting to make a quick buck off of a joke coin.

Joke coins have been around since the beginning, just look at doge.
I've developed a strange habit of collecting these kinds myself.

I recently bought some Nyancoin and, surprisingly, the blockchain is still being maintained and mined!

irwan06

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

maybe it is racism, we do not need to ignore
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:36:11 PM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?
I've already seen at least 3 similar sites, I think it's a joke, not scam. Obviously, you can not invest in such projects.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

It is just a joke. As we know there is a big number of meme ICOs right now, so it is one of them.
In my opinion it is funny and I like such ICOs like DOGYcoin or SpaceKIM or JEsusCoin.
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:59:04 PM

I think firstly it's impolite and rude. Many people in whole world are christians and Jesus name is sacred for they.

hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:39:01 PM

My first contact with this was on twitter when I saw this coin, the name kind of attracted me to know more about it and later I just decided within me that this coin is one of the scam in the market and never did a research after that. People are really trying all means to scamming people but not all is blindfolded and novice on  this issue.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:48:36 PM

Jesus Coin is a joke token project

Check out a real Christian project, BiblePay:

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly)  
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)  
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), 10% Monthly Budget for IT/PR/P2P Live  
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm (Chained King James Bible Verses), All Nodes are Full Nodes  
- Ranked #145 in Code Commits

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $1-2 million, $0.003 per BBP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

38% of BiblePay coins are rewarded to Healing and Curing with Distributed Computing  [Contributing CPU Cycles to Science Research]
- Rosetta@home (Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Malaria, Alzheimer’s)
- World Community Grid (Cancer, AIDS, Zika, Tuberculosis, Clean Energy, Ebola)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: