Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Coin?  (Read 2514 times)
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:03:05 AM

I really hate the people who created this kind of coin and made it a joke. Jesus is not just a word but it has a meaning for Christian like us. I hope this scammer is put in jail or something.

Good point. Can you imagine if someone came out with Muhammad Coin? The whole world, especially Western media and Western politicians will freak out.
Yes ... I do not like the religious symbol it is used as the popularity of the business.
everyone has faith and we must respect anyone.
Very vulnerable to conflict and I really love peace. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SAAVgames (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:45:09 PM

yes, it is very disrespectful, I hope this doesn't catch on as a trend with other religions.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

I'm reviving the Jesus Coin thread.

Not just because it's hilarious but also it shows just how crazy the crypto and ico world has become.

It's clearly a joke, but there are those who are split between calling it a scam or a legit business.
Elite types getting angry that there's another shit coin.
Some actually trying to analyze it and suggest that there's a market for this coin.
Others getting offended by a coin using their religion for profit or as mockery.

You know what's the craziest part of all of this?

They actually raised a couple hundred ether in their ICO...

ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

It has value ? Cmon guys hahah Grin
btw when you think about it, it might have value lmao. Start promoting the coin across all places where religious people hang out and boom Jesuscoin to the moon !  Grin
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:52:26 PM

Jesus Coin and Banana Coin (although some people would argue with me because of that last one) are clearly projects that just seek to make quick bucks. I mean, especially Jesus Coin.
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:30:05 PM

I mean the more elaborate the scam the more people that fall victim to it.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:31:36 PM

It's just a joke. And a pretty good one too. I laughed a lot at how it's 32% more effective than prayers lol
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:37:54 PM

last I looked they had pulled in like $50,000. Not too bad for a joke Smiley. I ran across it when looking at various web designs, I really liked what they did.

As this is joke it also can be self funded coin and you don't know.
Even with KYC you can be fucked there are people arround seling identies and passports.
So is really hard to measure true data.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:39:45 PM

The project seems like a joke because the whitepaper itself is very funny, in the white paper the dev said even if the unbelievers buy the coin they will still go to hell.

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:52:03 PM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?
It's only a joke coin that wants to mock people that are believing to Jesus. Personally I was offended to see this being advertised and the people behind this coin aren't so serious about making this project.

But they've got the project have some profit so that matter only to the devs and they happily get out of this out with the sum of good profit.

Who did invested to this coin and got some profit? I bet there's are some but most of us just ignored this joke.
dacryptomoney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

haha interesting choice of name...can't believe the founders would try to rob our money in the name of god...this has scam written all over it
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:13:20 PM

haha interesting choice of name...can't believe the founders would try to rob our money in the name of god...this has scam written all over it
It's a joke. It's so obviously a joke that it's impossible to call it a scam. Go check out their site, it's a very fun read.
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:58:34 PM

I think they're trying to operate along the lines of dogecoin where we all know it's ridiculous but people buy in for the memez. You get enough people to buy in for the laughs and you start making a legitimate coin

crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:21:31 PM

Looks like a very innovative idea, for a joke  Cheesy

Jesus Coin: "Decentralising Jesus"
TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:05:58 AM

I really hate the people who created this kind of coin and made it a joke. Jesus is not just a word but it has a meaning for Christian like us. I hope this scammer is put in jail or something.

Good point. Can you imagine if someone came out with Muhammad Coin? The whole world, especially Western media and Western politicians will freak out.

LOL you are definitely right about that  Grin. the media now is shit compared ten years ago. This coin should not exist because using the name of the lord to gain money is a grave sin. If they really (lol) want to raise funds for a good cause this is not the right way of doing it.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:11:12 AM

I ran across this the other day, clearly it is a scam, but they sure spent a lot of time putting together a very nice site and it seems to have raised some money as well. Anyone know anything specific about this or is it entirely a joke?

It is just a coin for purely entertainment. But i do have to agree that they put in a fair amount of work.

There are other coins which similar usage.
1. Dogecoin (I have dogecoin and i am happy with that. The dogecoin community is awesome.)
2. Fuck Token
3. Recently i even heard about the forgiveness ICO token.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:38:23 AM

There's a bunch of animal themed coins popping up lately, like kangaroocoin and gator coin.

So, when are we getting aardvarkcoin?

BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:30:27 AM

Yes ... I do not like the religious symbol it is used as the popularity of the business.
everyone has faith and we must respect anyone.
Very vulnerable to conflict and I really love peace. Wink

I also feel that it is not a nice to use the word 'Jesus' as it can be quite a sensitive topic. The sad thing is that the creator may purposely create it on the knowledge that it would be sensitive and so it could be used as a tool for advertisement.

nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:35:44 AM

Honestly I'd almost invest in it as a form of payment for giving me a really good laugh.

Good job Grin
But still even if it is a scam, it has high chances to become quite popular, with such a concept

they did rise a good money from the ico.  very sorry from people who invest on it

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:32:58 AM

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but just from the name it would be a pass for me.
I am sure it is a joke, and I am hoping whoever did "invest" on this ICO did it more like a donation. However, I will say that it was nice to read part of their Whitepaper and find out it was well written, which is not the case with other more "legit" ICOs.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: