Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:17:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 3105 times)
Drixy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

reading.......

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:57:36 AM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.
It depends on the investors earners and users uses. They tend to sell a large amount of money and consider as a bubble by a sudden change of value. Cant help that if you got to go or commit something nothing is holding you back. Speaking of HODL they have some impact too especially from big time investors.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:10:38 AM

Many are saying that indeed bitcoin is just a bubble. Ofcourse those who don't believe in bitcoin will say that. However, whether it's a bubble or not, it is up to the person like you and me if we will believe in it and continuously invest. We all since then that investment requires risk as well. This can be a humor only unless bitcoin will continuously prove itself that it is not.
I read a very interesting article on that subject the name was "btc is not a bubble the btc and the needle". And it was magnificent how the author described some things that make us think.

Today the world bubble is the governments and banks that at any moment can destroy the world economy in a matter of days, inflate and deflate weekly and cause panic in several areas. The btc today and the needle that will pierce this bubble, will open a new path in the area of values.
likeBTC

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:52:19 PM

The price is not a bubble, i can not understand why there is a lot of people trying to say this.. you all know that bitcoin is not a bubble and it will never be, and if it is "a bubble" just like everybody is saying, you should know that at least it wont crash for now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /
ubanx

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:58:27 PM

It is not a bubble...we are in a speculative stage but it will stabilize. That is where the bubbles becomes the normal way
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:07:24 PM

I don't think bitcoin is a bubble because people have been calling bitcoin a bubble for far too long without a burst. Whether a bubble or not, i see bitcoin as an investment opportunity to invest and make a lot of profit for the long term, because of that i really love investing into bitcoin and few altcoins as well.
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:30:14 PM

Actually, we are worried about not wanting bitcoin to become a bubble. According to the news I am reading it is also one of the reasons for writing about the government ban that will apply in 2018. If bitcoin is what bubbles will we do when the government began to impose a ban next year.
aroweyen

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:56:57 PM

No its not a bubble. Although its a highly volatile market which has technology behind it.

The birth of bitcoin marks the arrival of a novel economic institution—just like the emergence of nation-states, joint stock corporations, private clubs and or stock markets.
So the entire point of bitcoin is to create a form of digital cash for use in the digital world.

Some people predict it as a bubble for all time because of it high rising prices. But its not.........!!
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:24:53 AM

Many are saying that indeed bitcoin is just a bubble. Ofcourse those who don't believe in bitcoin will say that. However, whether it's a bubble or not, it is up to the person like you and me if we will believe in it and continuously invest. We all since then that investment requires risk as well. This can be a humor only unless bitcoin will continuously prove itself that it is not.
The reality is important not that people saying non sense towards bitcoins. For many years that bitcoin proves that it is not a bubble, but due to some false accusations and black propaganda towards crypto it may affect the image and price of bitcoin. I know bitcoin have already strong foundation and it can really survive from crisis.
Those who want to believe anything will be ready to believe whatever they want to believe but that does not change the ideology of what bitcoin is.

The truth is that bitcoin itself have some values and the problem was because most people started seeing it as a get rich quick scheme without even knowing the real value and not holding bitcoin because of the fact that they see it as something that is set to liberate them from the bank problems over the year.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Well of course it is a bubble!!!! There is no doubt in that!!! For e.g look at the frenzy, a company changed its name from Long island icetea to Long island blockchain and its share prices skyrocketed in a couple of days!!! The real question is at what point of the bubble are we at??? If the price continues to rise, what is the breaking point?? This is a very tricky question and everyone can just guess but not separate the facts from fiction. Only waiting can tell tus what will ifnally happen in the future. Smiley Smiley
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:29:34 AM

Well of course it is a bubble!!!! There is no doubt in that!!! For e.g look at the frenzy, a company changed its name from Long island icetea to Long island blockchain and its share prices skyrocketed in a couple of days!!!
How does a simple name change create any interest in the project or company,it is not because of any speculation with the name,there is something wrong with the investors to invest money into any name similar to bitcoin or block chain  Cheesy this is not a bubble caused by bitcoin but it is a problem created by the mentality of the traders.

Smokey Bob

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:48:31 AM

The way I see it most investors are not rational in the crypto markets. A big portion of the trading is done on hunches alone, and people don't really try to find any underlying value. If the asset you're investing in doesn't have any long term plan for actually being useful, then it certainly won't be worth much in the future. Bitcoin doesn't really offer very much utility right now, with such high transaction costs. Anyone that can transfer money legally will do it in another way. This just leaves people that can't transfer legally, and a black market like that is bound to be hit hard by governments.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:07:48 AM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.

Now that Bitcoin almost hit $20,000, there is even more reason to think that Bitcoin is a bubble. For me, a bubble is a state where an asset is bought and sold at prices substantially exceeding the price determined by its actual use for the purpose intended. In case of Bitcoin, it should be used as means of payment or Internet money. But today Bitcoin is used exclusively for trading, and its high price is due to speculation for the most part, not real world use such as in commerce.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:26:32 AM

Some Banks are saying that bitcoin will drop to 1000 dollars. Do you believe thats possible?
Time will definitely tell if we can ever see that happen. However, this does not sound reasonable and you should stop listening to all the things being said by banks. They see bitcoin as threat and they find it very hard to admit the fact that bitcoin will end up exposing all of their atrocities and the level of slavery they have imposed on us over the years.

Bitcoin itself is not a bubble, but the rate at which people are getting greedy is what really makes the current incidence a bubble.
LuckyHopper18

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:47:21 AM

I think some groups of people are just creating a scare on bitcoin to create a bad image on bitcoin. Giving people the idea that bitcoin is somewhat going to blow anytime.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:52:09 AM

this has been discussed all the time and the answer is still no. bitcoin is not a bubble because if it is then it should be dissapear by now and wont exist anymore. however some people have a different understanding about the real meaning of a bubble because they think that a bubble is like a crash or correction. overall bubble or not, id still accept the fact if what will be the future holds in bitcoin. whether it will vanished or continue to grow id still be thankful because i know bitcoin and it gave me an oppurtunity to earn something in a comfort of my home.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:00:49 AM

Now thegarden  say bitcoin is a bubble but it’s technology will change the world  we just need more time and all will stop saying bitcoin is bubble.

all say bitcoin is biggest thing happen’s this year
Bitcoin is a technology that that would absolutely change the world and I am sure a lot of people are already seeing that, for those who understand what bitcoin is all about anyway.

Over time, the essence of why bitcoin was really made will come into play and then we will see people really using bitcoin because it is a currency and with the demand increasing for real, bitcoin adoption will cause the increase in value and things would change from what we see now to better days.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:49:09 PM

Bitcoin not absolutely bubble. if the blokcchein technology is included into economy that it there will be a world currency. meanwhile it is some kind of investment, risky and highly profitable.

Only time will tell whether Bitcoin is a bubble or not. But such a danger exists. Perhaps the price of Bitcoin will be much lower in the future.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:07:56 AM

Now thegarden  say bitcoin is a bubble but it’s technology will change the world  we just need more time and all will stop saying bitcoin is bubble.

Bitcoin is a technology that that would absolutely change the world and I am sure a lot of people are already seeing that, for those who understand what bitcoin is all about anyway.

Over time, the essence of why bitcoin was really made will come into play and then we will see people really using bitcoin because it is a currency and with the demand increasing for real, bitcoin adoption will cause the increase in value and things would change from what we see now to better days.
Even if it’s a bubble does that really matter?
No, I don’t think that matters, as long as the bubbles keeps in bubbling and also bubbles back whenever it gets bursts. People are kind of funny, they always come up with stupid names that don’t make sense, I don’t know who even came up with the word bubble for Bitcoin… I believe they did that with the intention of discouraging people from Investing in Bitcoin.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

Now thegarden  say bitcoin is a bubble but it’s technology will change the world  we just need more time and all will stop saying bitcoin is bubble.

Even if it’s a bubble does that really matter?
No, I don’t think that matters, as long as the bubbles keeps in bubbling and also bubbles back whenever it gets bursts. People are kind of funny, they always come up with stupid names that don’t make sense, I don’t know who even came up with the word bubble for Bitcoin… I believe they did that with the intention of discouraging people from Investing in Bitcoin.

It works until it doesn't, and as long as it works it dosn't really matter but when it stops working, it suddenly matters a lot. That's the whole story behind bubbles. If we look back at the dotcom era, only a few startups made through it, and lots of people lost their money without a chance of getting it back. I don't think it is so much about discouraging people from Investing in Bitcoin or other coins as about warning them about the high risks of such investments. That they can lose everything in the end. No delusions and no regrets, truth is beautiful but so are lies.
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:47:31 PM

Bitcoin can not currently say bubbles because they have not actually broken. Even last month the bitcoin gets big and the price is high but now the bitcoin has not gone down until the value is zero so bitcoin can still go back up again.bitcoin can tell bubbles if bitcoin it will fast big and then broke in instant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: