Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:37:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 3105 times)
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:45:19 AM

Bitcoin is gradually entering daily life, so I think that it is not a bubble. Perhaps in the future this will be the usual currency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rudito

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:43:46 AM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.

Bitcoin is risky and its value could fall low as the market is full of panicked sellers, but even if the value of bitcoin falls does not mean bitcoin is a bubble.
Babyhouse

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:34:01 PM

Sometimes seems it's hard to hold two thoughts to be true at once when it comes to all the hype and hate around Bitcoin. Either Bitcoin is a bubble or it's the beautiful unicorn that we'll all ride to a future filled with rainbows. 
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

it looks like bitcoin is not like bubbles but bitcoin is more suitable to be said as a wave because bitcoin price movements only go up and down only and can certainly do the price recovery. unlike bubbles that after rupture can not recover.
ElianaMaria

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 01:43:10 PM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.

I have always seen Bitcoin as the Kim Kardashian of cryptocurrencies, how it is super famous and popular but no one really knows why... If Bitcoin is a bubble and does 'explode', will it have adverse effects on other cryptocurrencies? Would it be similar to the dot com boom in the 90s? Where the bubble bursts and many people lose money but they bounce back a few years later.

Just a thought.
jonval21

Activity: 574
Merit: 111

I love the Cryptocurrency world

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:26:43 AM

bitcoin is not a Bubble. Bitcoin is a new form of money, in long term will be more and more people using this technology.
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:25:14 AM

Bitcoin will not explode because bitcoin is not a bubble, but bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will survive and will not disappear like a bubble.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:54:20 AM

Bitcoin will not explode because bitcoin is not a bubble, but bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will survive and will not disappear like a bubble.

Many people says bitcoin is a bubble because they see that the price decrease and they think that bitcoin price will gone but if you study bitcoin very well you will see how it useful for the future.
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:58:59 AM

Its not a bubble cause we have in the world so I think we are so many cryptocurrencies cause we are respectable with a good idea, and technology. I believe that bitcoin will rise in your own profit, but its my life. The real question cause we are actually a great mind. I do a new way to keep the future
Bountyl

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:16:37 AM

Everything in this world is a bubble. Look at the dollar, the banks have been declared a lot more dollars than they actually have. From you and the bubble. A common banal example. So why not bubble is bitcoin?

Huobi Russia  |  Digital Asset Exchange Platform
https://www.huobi.com.ru
altcoin4u

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:42:34 AM

In my opinion, if you are waiting fast and easy profits here, you will get discouraged very soon, cryptocurrencies will become a bubble for you very soon Smiley We all need to have a proper attitude here.
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:05:09 AM

Everything in this world is a bubble. Look at the dollar, the banks have been declared a lot more dollars than they actually have. From you and the bubble. A common banal example. So why not bubble is bitcoin?

There is nothing to worry about the opinions of these experts. All the time there is someone predicting the end of bitcoin or is called a bubble, a ponzi scheme. For people involved in cryptocurrencies, how these pseudo-experts call Bitcoin should not matter.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:50:07 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble, bitcoin is a reliable coin and earns trust as the best coin. In the crypto market there will always be demand for bitcoin and it will make bitcoin last long-term.
Yes it is true bitcoin is not a bubble infect bitcoin is the most promising currency it gives us saving and a lot of profit as well, so we should trust our saving from bitcoin, foe me bitcoin is the best source of spending a good life, it helps a lot of people to earn good money even when they are already working as bitcoin can be taken as the treasure of profit, calling it a bubble is not worth trusting statement according to me because it is my future builder.
Swanh

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:45:24 PM

It will probably always depend on the fact if a good/commodity will have any use after a bubble burst.The enormous attention that bitcoin has received through the building up of the bubble may have encouraged innovations.If however BTC and cryptosin general will be abandoned after a real burst of the bubble  all the infrastructure and innovation may arguably be useless.
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:42:10 PM

Bitcoin is very risky, but bitcoin is not a bubble that can explode at any time. Bitcoin is unstable and it's high risk, and I think people who do not like bitcoin will regard it as a bubble.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

How can you say that it is a bubble? The prices are still 600% higher than what we had during the start of 2017. If it was a bubble, then the exchange rates would have crashed below $1,000 per coin.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:14:35 PM

Bitcoin is very risky, but bitcoin is not a bubble that can explode at any time. Bitcoin is unstable and it's high risk, and I think people who do not like bitcoin will regard it as a bubble.
I think very simply that if Bitcoin is a bubble, it has been broken for a long time and can not be as valid today. Bitcoin is increasingly asserting its value in the world financial markets. To me Bitcoin has never been a bubble.
RippleSpaset

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:18:47 PM

Quite possible. The pyramids were and will always be ,perhaps bitcoin is the largest pyramid of the 21st century,and after it there will be poverty .But blockchain is different, don't confuse it .Blockchain is a mega discovery that will improve the lives of milliards.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:02:56 AM

I have heard many of those things about bitcoin being a bubble, but I have only one thing to say on that. Bitcoin is existing already for almost 10 years, yet we are still developing Smiley
And yet we are still approaching towards the perfection. It has been almost 9 years and the currency has evolved despite so many hurdles on way. If Bitcoin were a bubble, it would not have been able to attain a huge market cap and such a big hold over the crypto market. Its demand would have faded away but no, people are rational and they think different from how those who call the technology a bubble think.
k1ng0fBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:48:48 AM

It will probably always depend on the fact if a good/commodity will have any use after a bubble burst.The enormous attention that bitcoin has received through the building up of the bubble may have encouraged innovations.If however BTC and cryptosin general will be abandoned after a real burst of the bubble  all the infrastructure and innovation may arguably be useless.
The bubble has been blown in the air. Now the price is normal and increasing according to the market cap. I don’t know why Jamie Dimon and people like him are against him. I believe in blockchain technology and bitcoin is backed by blockchain. So it is not possible that bitcoin is totally bubble and investors are just wasting their time and money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: