Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 3102 times)
MaryClark12

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:55:33 AM

I think bitcoin is not a bubble

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:57:49 AM

To be honest, i don't have any idea if Bitcoin or any other crypto currency is indeed a bubble or not. I've read evidences of both sides arguments and it just left me more confused. The only take away i have is that I should be wary of the market and look and see for myself the trends and act accordingly to the change in price.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
crypteris

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:04:03 AM

Well, let’s discuss it. Bitcoin is a new currency. It is not stable for a number of reasons, which are already known by everyone. Despite the price jumps, bitcoin continues to be mined, people are keeping on buying and selling it. It is even recognized and accepted by the governments of some countries. I think that with this kind of support even a real bubble would might turn into a Christmas tree toy (a golden one).
Chorsday

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:33:54 AM

It depends on how you see it. First, the number of bitcoin is limited so demand and supply are involved in the pricing. Technology is changing all the time. For now, it seems like a bubble but who knows tomorrow , somehow there`s a new technology that is able to get rid of all the cons of blockchain and countries start recognizing bitcoin as a currency. You ll never know. Unlike the tulip bubble, bitcoin is a new technology in its infancy.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:40:54 AM

too much speculation that actually makes the reputation of bitcoin decrease. when prices rose to the last month of 2017 and then dropped dramatically in 2018, everyone said that bitcoin was a bubble and would erupt at any time. "it's a big risk," they said. but for people who have held bitcoin for a long time, surely they already know about this bitcoin fluctuation phenomenon.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
marginal

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:46:41 AM

The problem is with that people are having a lot of unreal expectations like to be rich over one night and etc, this is just foolish, and bitcoin is not anymore offering those opportunities to everybody.
handsofgod

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:06:56 PM

Bitcoin is a pioneer in crypto-currency world, yes probably they're some triggers of what called bubble, but imo this is not so close to the truth. About ICOs market I could say that most part of this one is a big bubble, hyped so much. I prefer searching good and real value projects in ICO field that could solve some crypto-field problems such as transactions speed, security, data-storage and so on. I found interesting project called Kelvin Blockchain, this project could affect on transaction speed solidly Wink
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

The problem is with that people are having a lot of unreal expectations like to be rich over one night and etc, this is just foolish, and bitcoin is not anymore offering those opportunities to everybody.

I agree. I have noticed this for the past two years. A lot of the users who complain about the decrease in the exchange rates are relatively new users. They need to understand that they won't become uber-rich in 2 hours.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

A lot of analogies and discussions have come up on the issue of bitcoin being a bubble or not.  Many renowned economists have come up with reasons to believe why Bitcoin is a bubble. In one of my discoveries, I read where Bitcoin was being compared to Tulip mania. Tulip mania was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced and fashionable tulip reached extraordinarily high levels before dramatically collapsing in February 1637. Some skeptics consider Bitcoin to be the tulip bubble of the 21st century. The conclusion however is that it’s really not so simple.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:36:28 PM

A lot of analogies and discussions have come up on the issue of bitcoin being a bubble or not.  Many renowned economists have come up with reasons to believe why Bitcoin is a bubble. In one of my discoveries, I read where Bitcoin was being compared to Tulip mania. Tulip mania was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced and fashionable tulip reached extraordinarily high levels before dramatically collapsing in February 1637. Some skeptics consider Bitcoin to be the tulip bubble of the 21st century. The conclusion however is that it’s really not so simple.

The thing is just that everybody is trying to take precautionary measures and also to be careful and at the sametime, we are taking guides from the previous behavior of Bitcoin. Many of us experienced the Increase in price of Bitcoin from 0.3$ to $300 and then to $1200 before it dropped to $180. Fastforward to recent happenings, Bitcoin has been dropping from $20,000 and it's now below $7,000. However, the real value of Bitcoin is not known, but the price have been swinging up and down by some human and economic factors together with some other factors that are not defined yet. These are reasons why economists are not finding it justifiable enough to invest in Bitcoin and other Crypto-currencies in diaspora.

Whether Bitcoin is a bubble or not, the conclusion cannot be drawn. No one can predict the future happenings. I can only say we should stay positive and be smart enough, to know when to put in our cash and when to withdraw, and also how and when to decide on leaving our investments on a long term base.
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:45:29 PM

I don't think so, Bitcoin is not a bubble but a pioneer currency of the virtual world, day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular and powerful coin around the world, recently a lot of countries have established as a legal coin in their economy. many experts say that Bitcoin will be an individual currency in the future. So it means a lot for the future perspective.

A bubble is a sort of scam which can burst and lost forever. Bitcoin is with us since 2009 and since all this time it has grown extensively. I think Bitcoin is a real future and not a bubble at all.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:36:19 PM

Of course Bitcoin is a bubble; it is a bubble destined to explode, like anything in this universe (even the stars ...).
But this does not stop making big profits waiting for the bubble to burst ...

ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:01:20 PM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.
You can see that bitcoin is definitely a bubble, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and it is hard to guess, bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and fluctuating very strongly, so I itn that time This point to being able to trade success is very difficult. I believe that bitcoin prices will continue to fall sharply until the end of 2018 and then prices of altcoin will fall very deep.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:22:44 PM

As the price of the currency soars, we can know that the price of bitcoin is not caused by demand. Because the huge changes in demand in the short term are almost impossible.
The skyrocketing currency price is usually an opportunity to speculate. Speculators are the biggest pusher for Bitcoin!
dhwuy32koo11

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:49:39 AM

The fact is that Bitcoin has constantly overcome barriers as it continues to hit new heights in recent months. In fact, paying close attention to growth, and the final outbreak of the associated bubbles, show that Bitcoin is an exception. Looking at the growth charts of bubble industries since 1990, there is always a familiar pattern. Bitcoin, however, has skyrocketed and outstripped the chart, suggesting that it is not correlated with technology bubbles, housing bubbles, or biotech bubbles.
Rianbook

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:25:37 AM

I don't think so, because bitcoin gets a lot of trust that makes bitcoin very popular, bitcoin will not become a bubble as long as many still believe in bitcoin. I believe bitcoin is a technology that will be increasingly popular in the future.
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:30:19 AM

If bitcoin takes off too high in its price, it really manifests itself as a bubble and then we see what it can lead to with an example of the previous price record in the price that bitcoin reached in December of last year. Already the eighth month the crypto-currency market is completely paralyzed and is in price stagnation. In general, this is bad, because if bitcoin grew much slower, now it could have a much higher price.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:32:40 AM

Bitcoin is actually a fast bubble burst. It has grown tremendously in the last one month of 2017 and is down very quickly over a seven month period. This happens so quickly that everyone becomes confused and does not trust Bitcoin.
We should not invest long term, should only buy low and sell high. That would be a safe strategy for traders.
Chris_Costales

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:41:22 AM

Business is a bubble. Whenever you start something new, you take risk. Risks are part of the business. When you invest, either you win or you lose. It is exactly the same with bitcoins. You can win or loose. There will be millionaires because of bitcoins and there will be loosers. For sure, people are afraid and not sure about this type of investment. It is just new. Let us give virtual money their chance and we will see in the future.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:25:25 AM

Bitcoin in a number of large countries has already been recognized by the judicial authorities, in the framework of the cases examined, as goods and property.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: