Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:12:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 102733 times)
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:56:17 PM

Hello all, some quick updates.

1) We're currently working on an updated client, and will be pushing that out sometime this week hopefully
2) Work on the shop continues. Should be ready to launch not too long after SBC has a stable price on the exchanges. I've heard Vern is strongly considering putting SBC on cryptsy. Show your support!

Can you post your photoshop workup of the site?  I know most sites are built using image creators...if this is the case with the shop...can you post it so we know it isn't vaporware?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the1silverwolf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:42:58 AM

Update from Silverwolf's SBC Pool
http://silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc

Manual withdrawal functionality has been reworked to prevent exploitation and has been enabled again.

How it works now :

When you click the "Cash Out" button, instead of sending the money immediately it "Schedules" the withdrawal request.

Withdrawal requests are processed every minute when the cronjob runs.

Enjoy !

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:04:42 AM

I wash hashing away first 2 days.. now i realy just hope for the coin to suceed (nope, not my primary goal).

Silverwolf, if you share your code (from start to end) for a noob, i will turn a full time pool, so people can reigster to it. i promise to keep it 1% and thats about it.
(I am the one that hashed at your pool alot Cheesy)

drop a mail if you willing, if you not then I wont hold you under the gun Cheesy you have my mail in your pool reg.

I will share my current code base and some basic instructions on what settings need to be set and what they do.

Beyond that however, The entirety of the work and responsibility will be up to you  Grin

It will be tonight before I can get it packaged and ready.  Send me a PM so I don't forget.

You should be aware however, that running a stand alone pool is NOTHING like running a p2pool node.

It's a lot more work and responsibility for one thing.

Probably going to be tomorrow before I get time to put this together for you.  Really really busy today.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:23:38 AM

Update from Silverwolf's SBC Pool

Added Getwork with LongPoll support on port 8350 by request. Grin

url = http://silverwolf.ath.cx
port = 3337 (Stratum) or 8350 (Getwork w/LP)
username = username.workername
password = workerpassword

--
the1silverwolf
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:23:41 AM

3rd EDIT
Feeleep is online but hasn't responded to my PM. I'm pulling my miners and going elsewhere until my account is properly credited for the the shares I've mined, which looks like every single one going back thru my transaction history. I'd recommend avoiding this pool until the issue is resolved, which is kind of a pity because the only other pushpool listed in post #2 of this thread is closed to registrations. 

Seeing the same problem at http://stc.coinmine.pl

Hi All,

Sorry guys for not responding but my PC was on and I was just away.

As explained already in PM - there are couple of reasons for this:
1. New pools always have inaccurate estimations of payouts due to a nature of PPLNS calculation - my pool is set up to 50000 so until the pool reached this point it is very difficult to predict payouts
2. all PPLNS pools are designed to support steady miners so if you jump between pools then your payouts will fluctuate (but anyway in long term you will receive what you earned)

If you want guys I can setup pool with proportional payouts so you will receive instant payments for every block Wink

feeleep

feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:09:55 AM

Hi,

If anyone wants to try something new join my new pool with proportional payout system and email notifications:

http://sbcp.coinmine.pl
LP Port: 8098
Stratum Port: 9098

feeleep

xus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

so does this coin survive or not ?
SoulSlayerPT

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

so does this coin survive or not ?

"Hello all, some quick updates.

1) We're currently working on an updated client, and will be pushing that out sometime this week hopefully
2) Work on the shop continues. Should be ready to launch not too long after SBC has a stable price on the exchanges. I've heard Vern is strongly considering putting SBC on cryptsy. Show your support!"

Why not?
xus

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:03:11 PM

Why not?

Current difficult is around 1. On the weekend it was around 2. So why the people stopped mining?

I still mine so thats my question to you guys Wink
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

Why not?

Current difficult is around 1. On the weekend it was around 2. So why the people stopped mining?

I still mine so thats my question to you guys Wink

no exchange etc..... no one buying or selling on the forums literally just nothing happening

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
xus

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:36:42 PM

no exchange etc..... no one buying or selling on the forums literally just nothing happening

yeah but this usually needs some time or?
lets give the guys 1-2 weeks or?
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:40:55 PM

yes people need to have patience, this is a good coin

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:48:15 PM

Don't get me wrong I want it to succeed but now with 30+ alt coins out there what sets this apart? right now nothing other then the fact that it had the best launch to date but that in itself is not enough.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
User_513

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:13:53 PM

Don't get me wrong I want it to succeed but now with 30+ alt coins out there what sets this apart? right now nothing other then the fact that it had the best launch to date but that in itself is not enough.

Well, for starters StableCoin doesn't seem to have attracted the P'n'D crew, at least if it has it is not apparent yet. I've watched the difficulty go up and down over the last 24 hours of mining and it certainly appears that the mining of the coins and the difficulty adjustments are going exactly the way the devs intended. IMHO, and from my limited early observation, it would seem that this is actually a good sign for the long term stability of the coin. Time will tell though as it always does.
artos (OP)

Activity: 84

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:14:33 PM

3rd EDIT
Feeleep is online but hasn't responded to my PM. I'm pulling my miners and going elsewhere until my account is properly credited for the the shares I've mined, which looks like every single one going back thru my transaction history. I'd recommend avoiding this pool until the issue is resolved, which is kind of a pity because the only other pushpool listed in post #2 of this thread is closed to registrations. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with the other pool.  I would like to open registrations on mine, but unfortunately the network hash rate has dropped to the point that even though my pool has dropped to 40MH/s at the moment we are still more than 45% of the network.

Registrations will automatically unlock when the network hash has increased such that we are less than the limit of 45% of total network hash.

Given all the troubles that FTC encountered yesterday it's more obvious than ever how important it is to keep any one pool from taking too much of the network hash and that sort of thing is why the automatic limit was instituted in the first place.

I really expected there would be more good pools to use by this point.

The only other option that I have would be to open a new and entirely separate pool for SBC in addition to my regular one, which I really wasn't planning on doing, but it wouldn't be difficult.

Thoughts ?

you misunderstand what a 51% attack is, it does not require 51% of the network, nor does 51% of the network ensure success. Such an attack is possible with 40% or even 30% of the network. Its likelihood of success is just relative to the percentage. Thus there is really no reason to shut registration on your pool

I appreciate your input here.  I know you are a coin developer and you know the ins and outs of coin development far better than myself.

Strictly speaking perhaps I don't have to cap registrations at 45%, but I still don't think it's particularly good idea for the coin to have so much of the entire network running through only one pool.

Since we have differing opinions in this matter I will ask the advise off the SBC developers and see what they want me to do.

Can a developer chime in here ?  Should I leave the cap at 45% or should I raise it ?

I would set up an entirely different pool, on a dfferent host, if possible. The issue with one pool having too much hashing power is that it becomes very easy to DDOS the network.

Are there still issues with the other pools, or have they been resolved?

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
artos (OP)

Activity: 84

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:16:27 PM

Well, for starters StableCoin doesn't seem to have attracted the P'n'D crew, at least if it has it is not apparent yet. I've watched the difficulty go up and downover the last 24 hours of mining and it certainly appears that the mining of the coins and the difficulty adjustments are going exactly the way the devs intended. IMHO, and from my limited early observation, it would seem that this is actually a good sign for the long term stability of the coin. Time will tell though as it always does.
Spot on. SBC has had the fairest launch to date, thus no one have a large amount of coins ready to dump. This was one of our goals when designing the reward system. Smiley

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:17:53 PM

http://stablecoin.miningpool.co is working.

No one mining there now...  Embarrassed

the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

I would set up an entirely different pool, on a dfferent host, if possible. The issue with one pool having too much hashing power is that it becomes very easy to DDOS the network.

Are there still issues with the other pools, or have they been resolved?

I have seen some new pools be announced in the thread, but I haven't heard anything about how they are working yet.

I think I will wait and see what happens with the other pools before I decide to do anything.  If I do launch another pool, I will consider your advise and put it on a completely different host than the main one.

Thank you for pointing that out btw, I've been buried in code for the past few weeks and I hadn't considered the DDOS possibilities (Sloppy of me, I know).

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:00:08 PM

Well, for starters StableCoin doesn't seem to have attracted the P'n'D crew, at least if it has it is not apparent yet. I've watched the difficulty go up and downover the last 24 hours of mining and it certainly appears that the mining of the coins and the difficulty adjustments are going exactly the way the devs intended. IMHO, and from my limited early observation, it would seem that this is actually a good sign for the long term stability of the coin. Time will tell though as it always does.
Spot on. SBC has had the fairest launch to date, thus no one have a large amount of coins ready to dump. This was one of our goals when designing the reward system. Smiley

+1

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:04:57 PM

install from Linux terminal?

Am I reading Silverwolf pool incorrectly? Looks like Stratum only

FYI We added GetWork w/LP support by request yesterday. 

port = 3337 (Stratum)
or
port = 8350 (Getwork w/LP)

--
the1silverwolf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: