Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 102735 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

The 1 thing that concerns me.  If I was a developer for a new coin, I would think I would devout some time each day (Especially during launch and when hitting the exchange), but I looked back, and don't notice a single post from Arthos since SBC hit an exchange.  Even after there have been reports that someone is attempting to steal the 1.5 mil premined coins for the mixing service, he still hasn't said anything.  I really hope it is because he is slaving away on his computer getting the Mixing service and Store set up.  But still a really bad time to not be posting anything.  

Edit:  Opps I managed to find a post of his, but still not enough to give the people hope of the future of his coin.

+1

This coin needs some enthusiasm and I don't see it arising by itself.  Price is dropping.  Hashrate is not great. 
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:47:29 AM

The 1 thing that concerns me.  If I was a developer for a new coin, I would think I would devout some time each day (Especially during launch and when hitting the exchange), but I looked back, and don't notice a single post from Arthos since SBC hit an exchange.  Even after there have been reports that someone is attempting to steal the 1.5 mil premined coins for the mixing service, he still hasn't said anything.  I really hope it is because he is slaving away on his computer getting the Mixing service and Store set up.  But still a really bad time to not be posting anything.  

Edit:  Opps I managed to find a post of his, but still not enough to give the people hope of the future of his coin.

+1

This coin needs some enthusiasm and I don't see it arising by itself.  Price is dropping.  Hashrate is not great.  

The hashrate jumps anytime it is listed among the top 3 on coinchoose.  It doesn't stay long as the difficulty to price never changes...the difficulty goes up...the price stays the same.  That HOPEFULLY will change if Artos gets the store going.
MaxGen

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:33:42 AM

I'd be happy if Artos just took a little time to provide an update on how his projects are going...   
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:49:56 AM

I was interested until i read about the 0.5% premine, it doesn't seem much, but it is.

You can't make up silly services to cover up for your get-rich-quick scheme. The anonymity for bitcoin (and the like) will not be achieved by centralized services like you claim to want to provide, but rather on protocol level or by a layer built on top of it. From a legal perspective this ain't gonna work either, you'll be forced by regulation to keep track of every coin going in and out of your service and you'll be required to have people verify their identity. Not from the start, but if it ever gains traction, this will happen.
Even if you were honestly going to provide this service, you still singlehandedly possess a huge portion of all coins, and you can call yourself rich soon enough if people are dumb enough to buy into this, which a lot probably are. As we have seen many times already with many other coins and scams.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:48:17 PM

I was interested until i read about the 0.5% premine, it doesn't seem much, but it is.

You can't make up silly services to cover up for your get-rich-quick scheme. The anonymity for bitcoin (and the like) will not be achieved by centralized services like you claim to want to provide, but rather on protocol level or by a layer built on top of it. From a legal perspective this ain't gonna work either, you'll be forced by regulation to keep track of every coin going in and out of your service and you'll be required to have people verify their identity. Not from the start, but if it ever gains traction, this will happen.
Even if you were honestly going to provide this service, you still singlehandedly possess a huge portion of all coins, and you can call yourself rich soon enough if people are dumb enough to buy into this, which a lot probably are. As we have seen many times already with many other coins and scams.

I get what you are saying, however, you are going on the presumption that Artos IS scamming everyone.  If he is, then I am sure he made 40-50 BTC off of his endeavors...but if he isn't, then everything you have said is borderline libel.  "you can call yourself rich soon enough if people are dumb enough to buy into this"
BrogulT

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:44:43 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 04:58:22 PM by BrogulT

So I've mined some SBC.  However, since some miners will sell, in order for the price to hold or rise, some have to BUY it.  In order to get people to buy, it needs to have VALUE.  So, where is the value?  SBC isn't novel, like BTC was--there are dozens of coins now.  You can't spend it anywhere, unless you want an overpriced sex toy.  Launching a coin today requires a lot more than changing the name and the "magic number".  

Todays price is 3050 satoshis. The blockchain height is 42975, meaning there are 1074375 mined SBC (not counting the 1.25M pre-mined).  Thus the total market cap of SBC is 32.7684375 BTC.  About $3500 US.  

Given all the alternatives, I see no advantages to SBC, whether as a purchasing method, a store of value or as a novelty.  I think it has failed already.  Anyone who has a different take, please jump in and tell me why I'm wrong.
the1silverwolf

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:37:28 PM

You can buy steam games with sbc : http://www.coingas.com

Personally I like SystemShock 2.  That was a classic game!

http://www.coingas.com/system-shock-2

--
the1silverwolf
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:55:01 PM

You are right, and this problem goes for all the 50 or so coins that seem to be launched every week.  The coins aren't worth anything aside from speculating and trading until the developer or someone else sets up a few stores.  Arthos has promised a store and a money laundering service  (LOL) to be set up for this coin.  The value the coin has is betting on whether these 2 things will add value to the coin, and thus making it worth more in the future.  Or betting on if other businesses will take it on as well.

Lets not forget even Bitcoin had to get through this.  Thus the 10,000 Bitcoin Pizza legend.  Some people had to bet on this valueless coin being worth something in the future.  Right now all the other alt coins, aside for a very small handful are all sitting in the same boat, waiting for something to happen and speculating if each one is special enough to get through the growing pains.  Stablecoin isn't dead yet.  Or even dying.  It's in limbo waiting for a decent store to go up, or waiting for something to knock it down.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
rovchris

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:24:53 PM

All the SBC I mined have just vanished. 800 of the b**tards

Wallet says 38 transactions yet in the transaction history there is nothing.

WTF is going on.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:30:57 PM

All the SBC I mined have just vanished. 800 of the b**tards

Wallet says 38 transactions yet in the transaction history there is nothing.

WTF is going on.

What is your SBC address ?

if you don't want to post it than just search for it here : http://sbc.isa-geek.com/

See what records it shows.

--
the1silverwolf
rovchris

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

I have no problem posting it

scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

Thanks

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:37:16 PM

I have no problem posting it

scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

Thanks

My block explorer doesn't show any transactions for that address : http://sbc.isa-geek.com/address/scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

I tried the other block explorer as well but it's down again.

Were you mining solo or in a pool ?

--
the1silverwolf
rovchris

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:38:58 PM

I was mining solo

the majority were unconfirmed.

I closed the wallet - then when I opened it all the transactions were showing with a question mark - so I closed it and opened it again and then there was nothing

the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:39:54 PM

I was mining solo

I closed the wallet - then when I opened it all the transactions were showing with a question mark - so I closed it and opened it again and then there was nothing

I'm going to send you a couple coins to see if the transaction will show up in the block explorer.  One sec.

--
the1silverwolf
rovchris

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:41:56 PM

just seen 5 come in - it is  showing with a question mark in transactions

rovchris

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:43:38 PM

Now it is showing as confirmed!

Opened and closed wallet and it still there.

the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:44:55 PM

I was mining solo

I'm going to send you a couple coins to see if the transaction will show up in the block explorer.  One sec.

It's showing the 5 coins I sent you just now.  I don't know what else to do.  The ones you mined might have been orphans I guess.

Maybe someone else in the thread can help you further.

--
the1silverwolf
rovchris

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

Thanks for your help man - I am not that fussed it was something I have never seen happen before that is all.

I'll send you your 5 coins back

the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:47:03 PM

Thanks for your help man - I am not that fussed it was something I have never seen happen before that is all.

I'll send you your 5 coins back

Keep 'em.  that way you at least have a few. Smiley

You might try mining on one of the pools instead of solo.  Most people seem to have better luck with pool mining.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:56:23 PM

FYI From Silverwolf's SBC Pools :

The network hash rate has dropped to the point where the % of network registration caps no longer make sense.

So, I have temporarily disabled them on both pools.

Registrations are OPEN:
http://silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc
http://swmining.mine.nu/sbc

--
the1silverwolf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: