Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Abe 0.7: Open Source Block Explorer Knockoff  (Read 220734 times)
thedictator

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:32:48 AM

Nice work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alferz

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:03:53 AM

This is a fantastic asset to the crypto coin community. I was able to get my instance of ABE up and running, but was wondering how I would go about getting Apache to redirect requests for the root directory directly to a specific chain, instead of showing the "chains" screen. This is how https://blockexplorer.com/ does it, the main screen is actually /chain/Bitcoin behind the scenes. I tried various combinations of AliasMatch and Rewrite rules similar to:

Code:

Alias /favicon.ico /home/alfer/abe/Abe/htdocs/favicon.ico
Alias / /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/
AliasMatch ^/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/chain/Bitcoin/$1
Alias / /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/chain/Bitcoin

but havent been able to get it working. It seems to be the way the various handler functions use wsgiref.util.shift_path_info(page['env']) to determine what to display. Has anyone been able to figure out how to accomplish this?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:55:25 AM

This is a fantastic asset to the crypto coin community. I was able to get my instance of ABE up and running, but was wondering how I would go about getting Apache to redirect requests for the root directory directly to a specific chain, instead of showing the "chains" screen. This is how https://blockexplorer.com/ does it, the main screen is actually /chain/Bitcoin behind the scenes. I tried various combinations of AliasMatch and Rewrite rules similar to:

Code:

Alias /favicon.ico /home/alfer/abe/Abe/htdocs/favicon.ico
Alias / /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/
AliasMatch ^/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/chain/Bitcoin/$1
Alias / /usr/lib/cgi-bin/abe.fcgi/chain/Bitcoin

but havent been able to get it working. It seems to be the way the various handler functions use wsgiref.util.shift_path_info(page['env']) to determine what to display. Has anyone been able to figure out how to accomplish this?
blockexplorer.com is NOT running abe. so no, they dont do that.
why bother?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
alferz

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:43:12 PM

blockexplorer.com is NOT running abe. so no, they dont do that.
why bother?

Got it, its just a cosmetic thing, the chains screen is nice if you are presenting testnet or more than one coin but the site I'm building will be presenting just one chain so I was hoping to have the ability to have GET / requests just present the one chain. I'll take a stab at modifying abe.py and post a commit or fork on github if I'm successful.
roundrobin

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:06:42 AM

Ufff, people still fight with getting old Abe to work?

Why not use something simple to install like Insight or RPC Ace?

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
DOGE: DMBQta9ME9cWnRPVXtEbi57CDk1uNpwzSh
matute

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:06:57 AM

RPC Ace says:
RPC Ace's primary use is quick access to oversight of a block chain; for in-depth needs it's recommended to run a tallying explorer such as Abe.
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:06:33 AM

Insight is quite a challenging or rather problematic block explorer to set up.

In the the newer versions of bitcore it's even more unclear where to go to re-configure it to match your coin's properties if you already managed to change it from SHA to whatever algo your coin uses.

Those using older insight/insight-api/bitcore versions which were easier to configure, will notice that Insight runs no longer than 15 minutes before losing its connections to the insight api/bitcore due to a memory leak, stalling the Node process and ultimately clogging up the whole server if not restarted right after the 'crash'. I guess it's doable with enough resources, time and effort. The Reddcoin and Startcoin team managed to get it done. Startcoin crowdfunded the conversion to X11 POW for START on Startjoin to get a pro do it for them. I don't know about Reddcoin's team though.

Furthermore, Bitpay ignores every single "issue" on Github or question asked on their Labs forum if you even dare to include the word altcoin or a subject that is something else than Bitcoin concerning their products. I'm waiting for over a month now concerning this memory leak. They don't even take 5 seconds to tell you to fuck off with your altcoin. Nothing. I find this quite disrespectful. You are free to choose not to support users who use your product in a different way than intended, but at least have the decency to write a statement about it and put it on the website or the fine print at the bottom: "We do not support altcoins". Is that too difficult?

Until they embrace altcoins or that a skilled developer decides to build a universal block explorer, Abe is basically the only accessible block explorer we have.
alferz

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:04:03 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that as promised I posted a fork on Github: https://github.com/alferz/worldcoin-abe - this version simplifies things a bit to display just one chain - there is no /chains screen and calls to "/" return the screen normally presented by /chain/coin. Also with this version the API pages under /q do not need a /chain/coin prefix. Note this version is specific to Worldcoin but could just as easily be modified for other coins use. Hope it helps!
roundrobin

Activity: 203

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:48:03 PM

In the the newer versions of bitcore it's even more unclear where to go to re-configure it to match your coin's properties if you already managed to change it from SHA to whatever algo your coin uses.

Those using older insight/insight-api/bitcore versions which were easier to configure, will notice that Insight runs no longer than 15 minutes before losing its connections to the insight api/bitcore due to a memory leak, stalling the Node process and ultimately clogging up the whole server if not restarted right after the 'crash'. I guess it's doable with enough resources, time and effort. The Reddcoin and Startcoin team managed to get it done. Startcoin crowdfunded the conversion to X11 POW for START on Startjoin to get a pro do it for them. I don't know about Reddcoin's team though.

Furthermore, Bitpay ignores every single "issue" on Github or question asked on their Labs forum if you even dare to include the word altcoin or a subject that is something else than Bitcoin concerning their products. I'm waiting for over a month now concerning this memory leak. They don't even take 5 seconds to tell you to fuck off with your altcoin. Nothing. I find this quite disrespectful. You are free to choose not to support users who use your product in a different way than intended, but at least have the decency to write a statement about it and put it on the website or the fine print at the bottom: "We do not support altcoins". Is that too difficult?

Until they embrace altcoins or that a skilled developer decides to build a universal block explorer, Abe is basically the only accessible block explorer we have.

RPC Ace is universal and doesnt care for coin algorithm. Takes 1 minute to setup. But yeah it's not "advanced" explorer in the way Abe is.

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
DOGE: DMBQta9ME9cWnRPVXtEbi57CDk1uNpwzSh
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:57:40 PM

No disrespect to altcoins but are you saying that insight is pretty *stable* for bitcoin? Or do we have similar issues with bitcoin as well?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:00:13 PM

No disrespect to altcoins but are you saying that insight is pretty *stable* for bitcoin? Or do we have similar issues with bitcoin as well?
I think it's okay to state that Insight is stable for Bitcoin and safe to use as it's intended for Bitcoin in the first place and Bitpay's business after all. Altcoin support is basically a bunch of hacks that work for some and doesn't for others. POS is basically not supported at all. That being said, they are moving from Bitcore to Bitnode for the fundamentals of their products. I didn't have a look at it, but the way bitcore has evolved over time, altcoins might be a definite no-go with this explorer.
The issue I have is probably specific to the version I use. If I take a more recent version in my case, it's back from scratch and the success rate might just be as miserable.
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:16:27 AM

I think it's okay to state that Insight is stable for Bitcoin and safe to use as it's intended for Bitcoin in the first place and Bitpay's business after all. Altcoin support is basically a bunch of hacks that work for some and doesn't for others. POS is basically not supported at all. That being said, they are moving from Bitcore to Bitnode for the fundamentals of their products. I didn't have a look at it, but the way bitcore has evolved over time, altcoins might be a definite no-go with this explorer.
The issue I have is probably specific to the version I use. If I take a more recent version in my case, it's back from scratch and the success rate might just be as miserable.

Yes POS isn't included but its not on bitpay to make sure it is and as far as other alts go it really isn't all that hard... https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore/blob/master/lib/networks.js#L115 or you could clone the repos from digibyte and follow along with the commits we have pushed https://github.com/digibyte/insight You will need to make changes to the 3 main repos (URL's can be found in package.json) Insight, Insight-api and bitcore.

Also not sure what you mean about them switching to 'bitnodes' as a large majority of bitpay's projects are based around bitcore.

All things being equal Insight is probably about as hard to setup for a new coin as Abe is but Abe has a nicer API in my opinion.

If you are looking for an explorer thats relatively easy to setup and supports a vast amount of coins then check out https://github.com/iquidus/explorer It grabs all the required transactions via RPC so its slower to sync than Insight/Abe and you need to make sure txindex=1 is in your coins conf.

Cheers.

Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:11:41 AM

It is more or less done. What's left was just a few string for the pages served to the user and invert the sign of the minted value.
Bitcore v0.1.18 has this issue:
{ '0': 'livenet', '1': '1 of 1 peers connected' }
FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_2 Allocation failed - process out of memory
Aborted

npm ERR! weird error 134
npm WARN This failure might be due to the use of legacy binary "node"
npm WARN For further explanations, please read
/usr/share/doc/nodejs/README.Debian

npm ERR! not ok code

But we shouldn't discuss this in this in John's thread. It's completely off-topic. I already raised this on Github and labs.bitpay.com
I stick with ABE: It serves its purpose well and is quite elegant in its use Smiley And if you don't like the look & feel it has, you can immitate Insight's. I believe someone already did this by the way, using bootstrap.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:12:44 PM

It is more or less done. What's left was just a few string for the pages served to the user and invert the sign of the minted value.
Aborted

npm ERR! weird error 134

npm ERR! not ok code

But we shouldn't discuss this in this in John's thread. It's completely off-topic. I already raised this on Github and labs.bitpay.com
I stick with ABE: It serves its purpose well and is quite elegant in its use Smiley And if you don't like the look & feel it has, you can immitate Insight's. I believe someone already did this by the way, using bootstrap.

That sounds like you ran out of RAM, is this being ran on a small vps?

{ BitSpill }
Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:53:10 PM

Aborted

npm ERR! weird error 134

npm ERR! not ok code

My desktop, with with 16GB RAM Lips sealed
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:17:19 PM

Aborted

npm ERR! weird error 134

npm ERR! not ok code

My desktop, with with 16GB RAM Lips sealed

last off topic post but according to stackoverflow your problem is with your node.js enviroment. Suggest starting fresh on a vm and seeing how you go.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:07:47 PM

Great product...

I'm installing this one on a VPS for a small project i want to start... I only have one little question: does anybody have tought about a pruning query for the database (i'm using mysql)?

At the moment, I estimate about 10% of the blockchain is parsed and put into my database, but the database is already around 10 Gigabyte. So i think the database will be 100+ Gb + 20 Gb for the blockchain of my bitcoind. A small vps (like the one i'm currently using), is stressed by the amount of space bitcoind + abe uses..

I would like to create a small script that prunes all addresses that no longer contain any satoshi's... I know it's usefull for historical purposes to know all transactions, but for most practical usages, emptied out account have little or no use...
I would like to do this, but i cannot find the scheme that's used for abe.

Can somebody help me out?

Nowi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:41:41 PM

Hi, every once in a while my abe gets stuck on a http request and to unstuck it I have to attach to screen and control+c it, any idea how to get around this ?

wargo

Activity: 472

Technician

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 07:48:56 AM

Hi, every once in a while my abe gets stuck on a http request and to unstuck it I have to attach to screen and control+c it, any idea how to get around this ?
When it happens? Maybe syncing?
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:36:57 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 05:52:32 PM by Wolke

hey....

i run abe since ~ 8 weeks. it runs good as well.

bit since the 29.07.2015 -> Block 367537 there is no new block in the webinterface.... the mysql ist atm at 369048...

any idea ?

my it freak mean, that the system runs okay... no error...

he ask me if there is any "debug mode"    

EDIT:
this helps an makes abe faster...

python -m Abe.abe --config my-abe.conf --rescan

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: