Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ERC20 vs waves  (Read 3133 times)
Darrylld (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

Anytime i will always go for ERC20, wave supported tokens isn't as popular as ERC20 very easy to use. I got a wave token don't know what to do with it till this moment.
It does seem like that is bound to change in the near future though. Waves coming out with a new platform soon, if done right that could be a game changer.

From all of these posts and their slack/ telegram channels, It seems like something big is coming.

All I can think about is the movie the Aviator, the final scene, where he goes crazy and keeps saying "way of the future"

WAVES OF THE FUTURE
Ardenoss

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

tokens based Waves are less popular than tokens based ETH. I once got some token base waves from airdrop which until now has no value. Different with ERC20, most of them stay alive.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?
The downside is there's only a few people that use waves dex, people prefer erc 20 because there's so a lot of token that is using it and easy to use. They also have dex (ether delta) and the volume overthere way more than dex. The only popular waves token that i can think of is strata, incent and mobile go and they are popular because they held ico.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:38:56 PM

I think ERC20 then waves.Most popular Ethereum wallets.ERC20 investing more than waves.However, the popularity of the waves will gradually increase.So my opinion is that ERC20 best for creating token.
Ontixo09

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:50:08 PM

Yeah, but i think Wave have some good point for create token. First and important, Wave price too low.Second, they have good support team for create token.

blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:56:47 PM

both are nice project

invest in both   Grin Grin Grin

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:16:16 PM

Anytime i will always go for ERC20, wave supported tokens isn't as popular as ERC20 very easy to use. I got a wave token don't know what to do with it till this moment.
It does seem like that is bound to change in the near future though. Waves coming out with a new platform soon, if done right that could be a game changer.

From all of these posts and their slack/ telegram channels, It seems like something big is coming.

All I can think about is the movie the Aviator, the final scene, where he goes crazy and keeps saying "way of the future"

WAVES OF THE FUTURE
The noise has definitely been ramping up quite a bit. Very curious what will happen now with the new exchange being tested already.
VladPoly

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:40:56 PM

Both technologies are stable and strong, each with its own specifics. And each will have its own niche in the future, where it will develop as a leader. The etherium has great odds and resources, but Waves has made its way
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:48:34 PM

Both technologies are stable and strong, each with its own specifics. And each will have its own niche in the future, where it will develop as a leader. The etherium has great odds and resources, but Waves has made its way
They largely serve the same niche, except that Waves serves the decentralized exchanges market on top of that. If Waves can provide a more efficient platform and a decentralized exchange, it could easily surpass Ethereum.
000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:01:31 PM

I will go with Ethereum, I think most developers will go with Ethereum. I think waves are not compared to the stability and trust of ethereum erc20
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:04:05 PM

I will go with Ethereum, I think most developers will go with Ethereum. I think waves are not compared to the stability and trust of ethereum erc20
I don't know what stability you are talking about, but it can't be about the stability of the platform because that would be wrong.

And trust in ERC20 might get shattered if third party provides keep screwing up (Parity). Waves will also be the superior platform if they actually tick off their roadmap goals.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:19:30 PM

When you use wave for your project there will be  low patronage of that project compare to a project that is using MEW. The traffic in wave is so low that you can not compare it with Ether 's ERC20 wallet. Just check out and confirm that about 85%  or more of all ICO are coming out with MEW.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:30:39 PM

I will always go for ERC20 itself easy to use doing transaction on it.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:30:46 PM

Better go for an ERC20 coin. You will get a lot of support here specially when it is an airdrop.  Grin Just kidding.
Since I started here in the altcoin section I find it much used is the Ethereum based tokens. I dont see much under the Waves development. Maybe it is also because of the popularity. Waves is still young and got a lot of room to grow for now.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:35:39 PM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?

from my experience Waves have terrible exchange system and this is bad. On ETH you pnD any token and it works while  Waves is bugging itself.
I don't know if waves will have so bright future like ETH.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
b0nka

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:44:38 PM

new dex coming this month ! DONT FORGET TO INVEST

gonna surprise all of us when we see them in TOP Smiley

FORBES WRITING ABOUT WAVES: https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/08/waves-set-to-become-fastest-decentralized-blockchain-platform-globally/#41e089ac38b6     NG waves

https://twitter.com/wavesplatform?lang=en

check test https://waves-ng.wavesplatform.com/#stress-test

Waves Decentralised Exchange 2.0 (DEX) Beta is going live. - November 20th.

2018- Multi signature and smart contracts too..,
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:47:33 PM

I vote for ERC20, I trust Ethereum,  I think it is proven to be very stable!
Also most developers prefer it, I don't think for no reason.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:47:25 PM

I vote for ERC20, I trust Ethereum,  I think it is proven to be very stable!
Also most developers prefer it, I don't think for no reason.
The reason is simply that it came much earlier. As time passes that reason will no longer be a relevant factor.
Captain Asshole

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:03:49 PM

I think Waves will gain popularity and influence in near future. So my vote is for Waves.
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:05:59 PM

Hello,

Only ERC-20. For one simple reason - because the ERC-20 are much easier to add to the  exchange.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: