Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723544 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheQuin

Activity: 2562
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:31:28 AM

Bitcoin has long outgrown many of the ideals that it was based on and this has also lead to many old-time Bitcoiners exiting the community out of frustration.

I admit it, I'm an old timer holding on to the ideals that attracted me when I first heard about Bitcoin in 2012. It is becoming increasingly difficult for anyone to stick to that ideal of financial transactions free of the banks and government.

What changing bank accounts to different jurisdictions tells us about Bitfinex is just a matter of opinion and there's no surprise that our opinions differ.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:59:50 PM

About Bitfinex/ Tether FRAUD Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=275&v=XlBa5liuy9Q

Bonez0r

Activity: 141
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:27:53 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 06:54:38 AM by Bonez0r

I'm using the android app and the website and the funding books don't appear to be the same. See the screenshots for ETC below. While on the website there's a big wall on the offer side at flash return rate (FRR), in the app that wall isn't there most of the time. Does anyone know why? What's the point of a funding book if it's not reliable?

Note: screenshots were taken at the same time.

FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:21:08 AM

I'm using the android app and the website and the funding books don't appear to be the same. See the screenshots for ETC below. While on the website there's a big wall on the offer side at flash return rate (FRR), in the app that wall isn't there most of the time. Does anyone know why? What's the point of a funding book if it's not reliable?
did you try to increase precision? (+ button)
Bonez0r

Activity: 141
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:58:33 AM

did you try to increase precision? (+ button)
They have the same precision. Look at the steps in which the rate progresses. Exactly the same but vastly different ETC amounts. The only explanation i can think of is that there's a bug in the android app that causes it to ignore all the offers that have set "FRR" as their rate, so it would only see offers with a fixed rate (FRR is dynamic).
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

Another article about this criminal gang :

https://www.ftm.nl/artikelen/ing-tether-miljardenfraude-cryptomunten?share=1
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

It's exactly the same story you posted above from a different news outlet. In summary Jordan Belfort says he has a suspicion that it may be fraud. Well that's conclusive evidence, isn't it?

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:03:16 AM
Merited by FractalUniverse (1)

Please, people, start your own thread about tether. It's going on and on, over dozens of pages of posts now.
I am very aware of tether, its volume, dubious audits and critical voices by now. And also that there is no proof whatsoever that tether or its USD backing is foul.

Please cut it off, I want to read about stuff concerning bitfinex directly here only.

Thank you.

Ente
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:21:23 AM
Merited by FractalUniverse (1)

So the question is would you trade margin on bitfinex, if u were hit on flash crash and your stop loss wasnt hit, and u end up with owing them 20% of your capital?

I do trade with margin on Bitfinex. I also trade futures with much higher leverage (300x to 500x) and I've witnessed flash crashes on the S&P 500 and Swiss Franc to just name two. This is part of the risk in trading. Normally automatic systems close out the trade, that's designed to protect the broker more than the trader because they know that if your account goes negative they have very little chance of recovering the money. I really don't think 3.3x leverage is all that risky and anyway you should never trade with money that you cannot afford to lose.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:39:29 AM

well i traded a lot 10Years ago, i actually tradedevrything that moves, i lost a lot on ISL/EUR at 2007 just before the crash i bought a milion against the eur, and no 24/7, so it was a gap, luckly i manage to get out way before a 70% crash of ISL, and manage to have a positive balance, but it could happen i would be oweing them the saxo read this 550.000 EUR-os, if I wouldnt close with a small loss of 5K. LOL

I never hold futures over even a 1hr close period. That's the thing, you have to weigh up the risks involved in anything you do in trading. Even then the worst thing that would happen in futures trading is all the FCMs would blacklist you until you paid back the debt. With crypto trading, you don't even have that hanging over you. The chances of wiping an account at such low leverage are pretty small and the most you stand to lose is your risk capital anyway.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

dont trade the alts on margin, but only BTC/USD, there its not so liklely they will push it so down to liqudate ur account, thats whats going in my head when we are seeing another pump of the century.

Sticking to higher liquidity markets is always safer. Things like that NEO flash crash are rare but you just need to be aware that they can happen and never risk more than you can afford to lose. This is crypto so you already accepted that you may lose your coin whenever you deposit it somewhere you don't have sole control of the private keys.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

I stay away from forex and trade currency futures instead for that very reason. If you must trade forex then rather than Dukascopy I'd recommend Interactive Brokers as they place trades with all the worlds leading dealer banks. The order book you see if the best available bids and offers from all the sources.

johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:37:57 PM

if u were hit on flash crash and your stop loss wasnt hit, and u end up with owing them 20% of your capital?

No reason to let BFX know who you are, and if they did you didn't sign anything, at least not related to the account you margin trade on.

BFX is a little weird when it comes to flash crashage, they're crazy conservative on leverage yet stop cascades easily bring stuff to zero. Compare with the BitMEX swap, even with half the degens at 100x it doesn't zap you like that.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:41:11 PM

Who could explain the announcement regarding SegWit support because since there was no difference between a '3' SegWit address and a Multi sig address, both withdrawals and deposits should've worked before or does it mean they will process all withdrawal using SW?
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:08:25 PM

Who could explain the announcement regarding SegWit support because since there was no difference between a '3' SegWit address and a Multi sig address, both withdrawals and deposits should've worked before or does it mean they will process all withdrawal using SW?
Wow, hard to find this 'announcement'. Nothing to see on https://www.bitfinex.com/posts. Their Twitter account points to https://medium.com/bitfinex/bitfinex-adopts-segwit-8e6c5d72fcf9, the information provided does not make much sense.

In the past they used P2SH (3) addresses for deposits and switched to P2PKH (1), guess after the hack 2016? And have now implemented SegWit addresses (P2SH-P2WPKH? starting with 3 again), which is great.

Not sure what "we can provide our customers with bitcoin withdrawal fees that are up to 20 percent lower" means. As far as I can remember they paid transaction fees during the whole BeeCash spam attack, I've never paid any transaction fees for a withdrawal, which is nice.

Using your (new) SegWit address will enable them to save transaction fees/size, which is good. However, they already used batch transactions since... a very long time.

So yes, it looks like they want to use SegWit for batch processing withdrawals and therefore ask us kindly to use a new SegWit address for our deposits (not sure, but as far as I know you need SegWit address inputs for a SewgWit transaction). But this is just my guess, the marketing story does not make much sense. Wink

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:44:18 AM

Not sure what "we can provide our customers with bitcoin withdrawal fees that are up to 20 percent lower" means. As far as I can remember they paid transaction fees during the whole BeeCash spam attack, I've never paid any transaction fees for a withdrawal, which is nice.

Maybe you just didn't notice them. On the withdrawal page it currently shows a fee of 0.0006 BTC. If you click the help link next to it you see this:

Notice
There is a small network fee for sending a BTC transaction.

The transaction fee is updated periodically based on BTC network activity in order to achieve reasonable transaction confirmation times.

There's been a fee as long as I can remember but it has always been lower than most exchanges. I'd guess that announcement means they've adjusted their formula lower by 20%. I can also confirm on the deposit page if you request a new address it gives a Segwit one. I agree it's odd they didn't announce the change on the site itself.

Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:59:00 PM

Maybe you just didn't notice them. On the withdrawal page it currently shows a fee of 0.0006 BTC. If you click the help link next to it you see this:

Notice
There is a small network fee for sending a BTC transaction.

The transaction fee is updated periodically based on BTC network activity in order to achieve reasonable transaction confirmation times.

There's been a fee as long as I can remember but it has always been lower than most exchanges. I'd guess that announcement means they've adjusted their formula lower by 20%. I can also confirm on the deposit page if you request a new address it gives a Segwit one. I agree it's odd they didn't announce the change on the site itself.
You're right, when I try to withdraw BTC there is (now) a fee displayed. I would have sworn it was not there before, at least during the period with high transaction fees/the mempool spam attack and wondered why... But well, my memory could be wrong. As they charge (now) fees, the statement makes more sense.

In general a SegWit transaction will use less block space and fees are calculated per byte. It might be they estimate their fee based on the actual transaction/mempool size and pending transaction fees. This should charge the customer a realistic fee, which is good (compared to other exchanges with fixed fees).

Well then, let's generate and use our new shiny SegWit addresses. Smiley

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 04:35:08 PM

You're right, when I try to withdraw BTC there is (now) a fee displayed. I would have sworn it was not there before, at least during the period with high transaction fees/the mempool spam attack and wondered why... But well, my memory could be wrong. As they charge (now) fees, the statement makes more sense.

My memory wasn't working too good either, it turns out 'as long as I can remember' was last June.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/205

That's the announcement when they introduced them.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:20:45 AM

Apparently Bitfinex is banking with the Dutch Bank ING now:
https://www.coindesk.com/dutch-bank-ing-confirms-bitfinex-account/

This seems to be the first real banking relationship with a big bank
since Wells Fargo dropped Bitfinex. Of course Coindesk is not particularly impartial
regarding everything that is related to Bitfinex, but this is still good news
for every BFX customer.

After all having no real banking relationship for months and later having only accounts at tiny
banks in Poland and Portugal was one of the major red flags for Bitfinex.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:22:48 PM

Apparently Bitfinex is banking with the Dutch Bank ING now:
https://www.coindesk.com/dutch-bank-ing-confirms-bitfinex-account/

This seems to be the first real banking relationship with a big bank
since Wells Fargo dropped Bitfinex. Of course Coindesk is not particularly impartial
regarding everything that is related to Bitfinex, but this is still good news
for every BFX customer.

After all having no real banking relationship for months and later having only accounts at tiny
banks in Poland and Portugal was one of the major red flags for Bitfinex.

it won't have this account for more than 2 months Smiley  Bitfinex/Tether is a criminal company, no license, no nothing... Let's remember that Ifinex has been banned of receiving USD and EUR.  Wells Fargo as correspondent bank has blocked all the transfers to Bitfinex bank account from Taiwan and from everywhere...

They are using shell companies in order to get the cash. these fraudsters(or part of them) will end in prison.
 The cancer that  Bitfinex/Tether is spreading, it will affect MANY people who are using digital currencies.

Their shills can say anything they want. It doesn't change the facts.
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: