Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Audriux9

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 01:33:33 PM

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to download account history data as CSV or XLS file?

We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 05:57:52 AM

Here's one annoying issue that I've seen over and over again that maybe you guys can fix.

If I create an offer to lend funds, lets say $100 at 10% for 60 days, and choose auto-renew, my offer is often renewed with a different time period. What seems to happen is if somebody accepts my offer, but they only request a maximum lending time of 14 days, once that loan is terminated and my loan offer is automatically renewed, the website takes the 14 days time period at which the offer was taken rather than the 60 day period at which I wanted to offer it. What winds up happening is every now and then I have to go through my open offers and replace the ones with time periods shorter than I'd like.

Could you make it so that auto-renew loans use the maximum lending period that was originally offered and not whatever periods the loan was accepted it after they renew?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:10:35 AM

This seems like autorenew is being activated by autolend and also takes precedence over it. I also noticed it, though it doesn't bother me that much. Still it would be nice, if autolend would NEVER activate autorenew at all.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 12:24:26 PM

Found another, minor bug or annoyance:

I borrowed five loans, and wish to replace them with a better rate. I borrow as many funds as I need, close the original loans, which are immediately replaced by the new loan.
Until some time, it was that I can replace several loans with one new, large loan. Five entries with small sums in the list are replaced by the new, one entry.
Now, when I replace loans, every closed loan is replaced by a new loan with the same sum. So I end up with at least as many entries in the table as before, and often more entries than before.
This is a cosmetic issue. But this grows through the whole platform, creating more and more smaller and smaller offers, bigger tables, more databaseentries.

Ente
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:08:33 PM

Ok, after several months of putting up with it I've run out of patience Smiley

Can we PLEASE do something about how the max time limit is displayed for lending, for the love of god.

For example:

The following is hypothetically available,

Days           Rate     Amount
 3               43%        104.74   
 4               44%        306.08   
 6               46%        87.53   

So I put in an offer at 60 days for 45%, so we have:

60              45%      800.00

Then inevitably some douche will come along and put in an offer for the same amount, but for 2 days.  This then changes the above to:

2               45%      801.00

This gives a completely inaccurate view to anyone wishing to take up that offer, as they think the maximum days they can get is 2, when really there's an offer for 60 days in there.

This needs to be changed.   Why don't you just add a little + next to each offer that has multiple nested offers in it, which when clicked shows every available offer with it's individual details?  It's such a simple change but will make the site way more useful for lenders and borrowers alike.

Right now you get people "gaming" the system, and adding minuscule amounts to existing offers simply to reduce the max lending time down to something useless which then in turn makes their higher offer, perhaps 1% up, look more attractive.

superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:12:58 PM

Can we PLEASE do something about how the max time limit is displayed for lending, for the love of god.

For example:

Then inevitably some douche will come along and put in an offer for the same amount, but for 2 days.  This then changes the above to:

This gives a completely inaccurate view to anyone wishing to take up that offer, as they think the maximum days they can get is 2, when really there's an offer for 60 days in there.

This needs to be changed.   Why don't you just add a little + next to each offer that has multiple nested offers in it, which when clicked shows every available offer with it's individual details?  It's such a simple change but will make the site way more useful for lenders and borrowers alike.

Right now you get people "gaming" the system, and adding minuscule amounts to existing offers simply to reduce the max lending time down to something useless which then in turn makes their higher offer, perhaps 1% up, look more attractive.

I've requested this too, but I think the system likely still chooses the best loan for the borrower under the parameters they set.  Just the display is weird.  I have certainly seen MANY times 2 offers at the same rate.  Mine and someone else, and mine goes out multiple times while theirs with the same amount just sits there.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:17:21 PM

I've requested this too, but I think the system likely still chooses the best loan for the borrower under the parameters they set.  Just the display is weird.  I have certainly seen MANY times 2 offers at the same rate.  Mine and someone else, and mine goes out multiple times while theirs with the same amount just sits there.

Yeah I know what you mean, but my worry is that it simply puts people off.  They look at whats available, and see an offer for only 2 days and just don't even consider it.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:31:28 AM

For the past month, I've had trouble with my loan offers regularly not renewing (VIR or fixed interest, no insurance or use insurance if available).  Anyone else?

This is a reoccurring problem which has been fixed in the past by Raphael (or maybe only partially fixed?).  There were earlier times when none of my loan offers were renewing, but now I think the problem is more sporadic.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:14:37 AM

For the past month, I've had trouble with my loan offers regularly not renewing (VIR or fixed interest, no insurance or use insurance if available).  Anyone else?

This is a reoccurring problem which has been fixed in the past by Raphael (or maybe only partially fixed?).  There were earlier times when none of my loan offers were renewing, but now I think the problem is more sporadic.

I find if you are using auto-lend it messes around with loans that auto-renew but I have had no problems.  Personally I have aborted auto-renew and strictly use auto-lend.  It allows you to re-adjust interest rates to market conditions instead of renewing loans that have rates either way too low or way too high.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
nrd525
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:24:54 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 04:54:58 AM by nrd525

I've not been using auto-lend.

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:17:08 AM

Hi everyone Smiley

somebody to withdraw money from this exchange with Wire Transfer? Money come from? There are limits on the conclusion?

I will let other users share their experiences, but we do send money quickly (once you're verified) Smiley

I have a bug with the new interface:
I'm not able to collapse the "Funds currently lent" and "Unfilled offers" lists in leding screen (the other two lists at the top work as intented), same problem with both lists in margin screen.

This started few days ago, before that everything was working.

Ok noted, I will correct it. By the way, do you (all users) prefer the table collapsed by default, or some expanded like right now?

The "maximum lending time (days)" really needs to be fixed.  I'm not sure if it is displaying the lowest rate or the first one posted at that rate, but it certainly isn't displaying the maximum days available at each rate.

Please have this fixed.

Normally the period displayed is the lowest of the "Maximum lending time (days)" of the offers listed at the same rate. This allows you to grab all of the offers at the same rate, without having to guess the period to chose. I think this is the best behavior possible for borrowers.
Especially now that the lending time is less important (when you do margin trading, the system don't look at lending time any more since the position never expires.

Well, that was quite the volatility spike... 
Did the liquidation orders get through ok?

Yes the site handle this very well (the trading engine was a bit more slow because of some external factors). The liquidation process went smoothly without losses for lenders (unfortunately 25% of long positions were forced liquidated that day).

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to download account history data as CSV or XLS file?

Not at the moment, but if you ask us at admin@bitfinex.com we can give you one.

Here's one annoying issue that I've seen over and over again that maybe you guys can fix.

If I create an offer to lend funds, lets say $100 at 10% for 60 days, and choose auto-renew, my offer is often renewed with a different time period. What seems to happen is if somebody accepts my offer, but they only request a maximum lending time of 14 days, once that loan is terminated and my loan offer is automatically renewed, the website takes the 14 days time period at which the offer was taken rather than the 60 day period at which I wanted to offer it. What winds up happening is every now and then I have to go through my open offers and replace the ones with time periods shorter than I'd like.

Could you make it so that auto-renew loans use the maximum lending period that was originally offered and not whatever periods the loan was accepted it after they renew?

Well, that's an interesting one. I added it to the dev list for correction.

This seems like autorenew is being activated by autolend and also takes precedence over it. I also noticed it, though it doesn't bother me that much. Still it would be nice, if autolend would NEVER activate autorenew at all.

That's true, it will be fixed within 24 hours.

Found another, minor bug or annoyance:

I borrowed five loans, and wish to replace them with a better rate. I borrow as many funds as I need, close the original loans, which are immediately replaced by the new loan.
Until some time, it was that I can replace several loans with one new, large loan. Five entries with small sums in the list are replaced by the new, one entry.
Now, when I replace loans, every closed loan is replaced by a new loan with the same sum. So I end up with at least as many entries in the table as before, and often more entries than before.
This is a cosmetic issue. But this grows through the whole platform, creating more and more smaller and smaller offers, bigger tables, more databaseentries.

Ente

Yes I understand, and even for me it was a "hard" decision to make. But the idea here is to allow lenders to have a precise history of their loans to recalculate interests if they want. So the first step was to have loans that would keep the same amount all the time. So now, the system never increment or decrease a loan, it always add a new one or close and open a new smaller one. I know this means more data to manage, and for big traders like you it means more rows to read, but unfortunately lenders have to be able to really know what was going on with their funds so we have no choice. I hope this is ok.

For example:

Well, I explained above the reasoning. I understand the issue though, and it will display the lowest and highest maximum period in days so borrower can have a better idea (and then a nested offers list like you suggested, a bit later Smiley. I understand the need to be as attractive as possible for lenders Smiley

This one we haven't been able to find it. The only time it can happen is if you don't have enough lendable balance (in which case the offer will not renew) or the loan is small than 1 unit (USD/BTC/chicken...). It's still on the correction list though Smiley

Anyway, thanks for your feedbacks, and sorry for taking some time to answers.

Have a profitable day all Smiley

Raphael
Bitfinex team
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:16:09 AM

Hi Raphael,

thank you for all these detailed answers, much appreciated!

Yes I understand, and even for me it was a "hard" decision to make. But the idea here is to allow lenders to have a precise history of their loans to recalculate interests if they want. So the first step was to have loans that would keep the same amount all the time. So now, the system never increment or decrease a loan, it always add a new one or close and open a new smaller one. I know this means more data to manage, and for big traders like you it means more rows to read, but unfortunately lenders have to be able to really know what was going on with their funds so we have no choice. I hope this is ok.

Makes sense. As this was a designdecision, I'm all fine with that. Being able to sort all columns helps a lot here.

Especially now that the lending time is less important (when you do margin trading, the system don't look at lending time any more since the position never expires.

This one caught my eye.
This probably means that individual loans will eventually expire, but as long as at least one loan is active, no matter how small, the whole position stays up? The position size and calculated rate according to the sum of all left active loans?

Thank you for your support,

Ente
romantic1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:54:40 AM

You should enable "cancel withdrawing (wire)" when it is still processing. Many sites can do that. Thanks.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Site down, what's up?
EDIT: nvm, up again.
nrd525
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:12:52 AM

Does anyone else prefer the classic UI?

Progressive

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:50:06 AM

Yes, I prefer the classic UI, because I can see more info at one screen.

The new interface is not very space efficient, I have to scroll all time. In the old one almost everything fits into single screen.

Also I miss the average interest in "Funds currently lent".
amgomez

Activity: 727

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 09:23:48 AM

Then, just use the classical interface!

https://classic.bitfinex.com/

Grin
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 09:30:31 AM

Then, just use the classical interface!

Grin

Did not know it was still alive. Thanks

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:10:04 AM

Where is the old max interest on on loan% button when opening a position?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:11:11 AM

Does anyone else prefer the classic UI?
I really like the new interface except for one option I can't find anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: