Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723593 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:19:31 AM

I gave the bank all of the info from the deposit page and they wanted the address of the account holder.  Probably a business address for Bitfinex.  The deposit instructions only have the address of the bank in China.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
8fold

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:43:42 AM

I tried to do a wire transfer (deposit) today, but was told that I need the address of the account holder.

What address should I use?

iFinex Inc's address:
1601, 16th Floor, The Sun’s Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong

EDIT: In case the address field (from the bank form) is too long for the whole address, use this shortened version:
1601, The Sun Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road
Hong Kong

Raphy, I think you may want to put this address along with the other wire details on the info page.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

Looks like there are still quite some issues with getting money over to actually liquid markets - I can't explain ~40% interest rates on USD otherwise while Bitcoin goes vertical and does a few 1000% return in a year if you consider just short term positions.

Please get more USD to Bitstamp!

Also:
Suddenly nearly all my lending positions (from various days) were returned all at once. What's going on there? Whales cashing out? Seems unlikely that all my positions were lent to only one single person though... Anyways, let's get this lending rate TO THA MOON and let the lenders also earn some profit and be frustrated that they didn't buy BTC with their USD instead.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:16:55 PM

I don't like how clicking the auto lend or deactivate auto lend now makes the whole page reload.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:27:00 PM

Looks like there are still quite some issues with getting money over to actually liquid markets - I can't explain ~40% interest rates on USD otherwise while Bitcoin goes vertical and does a few 1000% return in a year if you consider just short term positions.

Also:
Suddenly nearly all my lending positions (from various days) were returned all at once. What's going on there? Whales cashing out? Seems unlikely that all my positions were lent to only one single person though... Anyways, let's get this lending rate TO THA MOON and let the lenders also earn some profit and be frustrated that they didn't buy BTC with their USD instead.

maybe it's a sign for you to buy BTC? Wink
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:31:30 PM

Also:

While in the past I've also been annoyed at the lack of funds on bitstamp, I'm going to bring up a defense of sorts:

What are they supposed to do instead, in your opinion? Say the total amount of USD deposited by their users is 10M $. Put it all on bistamp, in one or more transaction? That brings along a *huge* counterparty risk (bank collapse, government seizure, even just temporary freezing of fiat assets in Slovenia). Raphael and Giancarlo have said repeatedly that they consider safety ultimately the higher goal than profit taking (of course trying to balance the two goals).

So how much of the total fiat should be placed on bitstamp? I don't know how they actually do it, but I would suspect that they try to anticipate the market to a degree, and send money over to bitstamp based on that evaluation. Sometimes, when the markets goes full retard like now, that might not be enough Cheesy

That said, I would also prefer if bitfinex would be *slightly* more aggressive in sending money to bitstamp. It was pretty clear that we continue to be in a rally, so it's also clear that more money than usual should have been send.

I'll say it again: I understand the reasons why there can be *some* delays/shortages, but I would prefer if bitfinex would consider leaning slightly more towards "profit taking", and not overestimating counterparty risk (and whatever other reasons exist to withhold fiat from bitstamp),

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:58:39 PM

Hello everyone,

people finally finding you can take out a bank loan and deposit cash into bfx? Smiley
And then some hack, glitch, or mega-selloff happens and you are into debt for the rest of your life?  No thanks...

it's always a good reminder, risk zero never happens.

For the hack and glitches, it's our job it never happens to this extent Smiley

iFinex Inc's address:
1601, 16th Floor, The Sun’s Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong

EDIT: In case the address field (from the bank form) is too long for the whole address, use this shortened version:
1601, The Sun Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road
Hong Kong

Raphy, I think you may want to put this address along with the other wire details on the info page.

Thanks 8fold, that would be a good idea indeed, I'll put it in a few hour.

Also:

We recently welcomed some pretty big lenders over here that may explain it. Although I suspect the rates will start to go up very soon if the lending book is of any indication.

Also, there are a very few people with pretty decent positions actually, borrowing an indecent amount of money. That's why probably a lot of your loans were returned suddenly if one of those closed his position.

I don't like how clicking the auto lend or deactivate auto lend now makes the whole page reload.

I know, this is for now to prevent putting more offers than you have in your tradable balance (stupid caching thing I need to look more into). This will hopefully be reverted back soon but not after some other issues are solved (see below)

Also:

While in the past I've also been annoyed at the lack of funds on bitstamp, I'm going to bring up a defense of sorts:

What are they supposed to do instead, in your opinion? Say the total amount of USD deposited by their users is 10M $. Put it all on bistamp, in one or more transaction? That brings along a *huge* counterparty risk (bank collapse, government seizure, even just temporary freezing of fiat assets in Slovenia). Raphael and Giancarlo have said repeatedly that they consider safety ultimately the higher goal than profit taking (of course trying to balance the two goals).

So how much of the total fiat should be placed on bitstamp? I don't know how they actually do it, but I would suspect that they try to anticipate the market to a degree, and send money over to bitstamp based on that evaluation. Sometimes, when the markets goes full retard like now, that might not be enough Cheesy

That said, I would also prefer if bitfinex would be *slightly* more aggressive in sending money to bitstamp. It was pretty clear that we continue to be in a rally, so it's also clear that more money than usual should have been send.

I'll say it again: I understand the reasons why there can be *some* delays/shortages, but I would prefer if bitfinex would consider leaning slightly more towards "profit taking", and not overestimating counterparty risk (and whatever other reasons exist to withhold fiat from bitstamp),

Thanks for the points, you pretty much nailed it. A few more things:
it's impossible to anticipate the market. Sometimes BFX is more net bearish than Bitstamp (even during bull run) and we have a *lot* of money on Bitstamp, sometimes it becomes net buyer and 1 million (not a figure of speech) is eaten in a few hours (like today, shortage coming in 3 ... 2... 1...).  

As far as I know, ripple is not possible for us, the money still need to physically be wired somewhere.

What we need is more people using Bitfinex to sell their bitcoins. Currently our flow is approximately 10 usd deposited for 1 withdrawn; If it were more balanced the shortage would be less present. So spread the words, we withdraw fast Smiley

Some last words:
I know cloudflare screen is a pain. It will hopefully not last more than a few days but are the only alternative right now while I'm kicking some ass... waiting for new servers to be delivered and *finally* install a solution more easily scalable (until now scaling was quite long as you can see, but after this, it will be far more easy, without going into technical details).

Thank you all for choosing us
Raphael
Bitfinex team
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:41:25 PM

One completely different question:

For obvious reasons, I prefer using NoScript when engaging in trading Cheesy

I noticed that bitfinex makes use of objects from external sources, e.g. googleusercontent.

It's not terrible per se, but I would rather only allow objects from bitfinex itself. I noticed I can make use of the website with googleusercontent disabled, but some minor glitches appear. Any chance you can unify all scripts on bitfinex's own domain?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

I'd like to see at least one more exchange. Maybe a deal with campbx or btc-e? Even MtGox if possible again? Would diversify risks + bring more liquidity.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2395
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

I'd like to see at least one more exchange. Maybe a deal with campbx or btc-e? Even MtGox if possible again? Would diversify risks + bring more liquidity.

BTCChina :-)

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:17:11 PM

Well, when I asked about Kraken, there was the chicken/egg response that it has not a lot of depth while trading there would probably improve depth...

superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:22:50 PM

I think they will eventually bring one in, but I agree, even just to add a bit more liquidity and do a test run throw 10K at one and see how it goes.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:49:44 AM

How many confirms are required before deposits are clear to trade on?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
accord01

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:31:07 AM

3 confirmations....

how long does identity verification take?
lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:40:58 PM

I lend 8 Bitcoins on Bitfinex and got it back after 2 days for 2%. (in year), but my balance is still the same (should be like ~0.005 more).

The balance shown on the website has only two zero coma provide, anyone knows how I can change that?

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:42:31 PM

Chech the history ledger (click on your user name in the top right corner). I guess amounts are rounded for display reasons but it is (finally!) showing all 8 places in the ledger.

urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:46:12 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 12:24:57 AM by urwhatuknow

Dear Customers

due to the recent market performance we believe a correction is due, sooner or later.
We don't know whether the price will touch 500$ or 1.000$ or even go higher ( we all hope so) before that.
What we know for sure is that the total amount of leveraged positions is getting bigger and bigger.
On one hand we love that, but on the other hand we understand risk and we decided to limit the maximum leverage to 2:1 for the time being.
Only new orders will be effected, leveraged positions already in place will not be subject to any change.
We do that in order to preserve our activity, but also the one of our traders.
Last but not least the big april market crash is only 7 months away and we try to learn from our mistakes.
If the volatility comes down, we will put leverage back to where it was.

I hope you have all a good trading day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:55:26 PM

Dear Customers

due to the recent market performance we believe a correction is due, sooner or later.
We don't know whether the price will touch 500$ or 1.000$ or even go higher ( we all hope so) before that.
What we know for sure is that the total amount of leveraged positions is getting bigger and bigger.
On one hand we love that, but on the other hand we understand risk and we decided to limit the maximum leverage to 2:1 for the time being.
Only new orders will be effected, leveraged positions already in place will not be subject to any change.
We do that in order to preserve our activity, but also the one of our traders.
Last but not least the big april market crash is only 7 months away and we try to learn from our mistakes.
If the volatility comes down, we will put it back to where it was.

I hope you have all a good trading day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

As a lender, I realize this might decrease demand for loans, thereby potentially lowering interest rates, but I think this is a very sensible move, and I am very happy you are doing this.  Keep up the good work bitfinex !
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:57:59 PM

A reasonable measure. Smiley
It would be cool if there would be a volatility measurement that the platform adapts itself to (margin trade in the end is just a way to increase volatility).

On the other hand this sucks even more for USD providers - just look at their returns at the last bubble and this time! Now demand for USD will go down even more... Sad

lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 01:26:50 PM

Chech the history ledger (click on your user name in the top right corner). I guess amounts are rounded for display reasons but it is (finally!) showing all 8 places in the ledger.

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: