Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CambioBTC

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

But please try to understand each of our moves is made for the sake of our community.
Letting a bunch of traders walk with their opportunistic strategy ( placing a buying order at 100 can possibly defined differently?) and by doing this hurt the real funders of our platform will never be an option for us.

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team    

Will most definitely be putting my funds on the
"Lender's Side"
In the future.

Safer that way.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nick32768

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:21:16 PM

6) Any trader with more than 3 neurons should understand why we try to protect liquidity providers.
They are the reason why traders can take leverage.
No liquidity providers, no swap, no margin trading.
Every trader should think about this before he start considering the liquidity provider as a blood sucker.
The liquidity provider is the one that makes it possible, and therefore he should be protected for the sake of the leverage, not because we think they are more beautiful than the traders.

Grazie Giancarlo!

Today I had more than 50% of my lends closed in a couple of minutes while the market was panicking, without any loss.
This is by far the best possible proof of the solidity of the system.

Keep up the good work!
Nick.
blueberry

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:30:55 PM

6) Any trader with more than 3 neurons should understand why we try to protect liquidity providers.
Every trader should think about this before he start considering the liquidity provider as a blood sucker.
The liquidity provider is the one that makes it possible, and therefore he should be protected for the sake of the leverage, not because we think they are more beautiful than the traders.

+1

If lenders were wiped out then, the vast majority of them would no longer want to lend at Bitfinex again. No liquidity providers means no margin trading. Any high risk lenders left would be demanding daily interest rates consistently exceeding 1% per day, perhaps even up to 5% per day. This would make it so expensive and not worthwhile for margin traders that it would effectively kill Bitfinex's margin lending facility. This would not only be bad for Bitfinex, but for Bitcoin in general and the news of lenders being wiped out would no doubt spread to the mainstream and average Joe's would be given another reason to not to get involved with Bitcoin.

CambioBTC

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

Grazie Giancarlo!

Today I had more than 50% of my lends closed in a couple of minutes while the market was panicking, without any loss.
This is by far the best possible proof of the solidity of the system.

Keep up the good work!
Nick.

Solidity my ass. There is an insurance option for the lender use it and stop screwing the traders.

This Giancarlo is full of s$%$, fcks up every time and never owns up to his mistakes... always somebody else's fault.

Appears to be run by more of a "Banking / Banker's Mindset"
Me, I'm a conformist, "If you can't beat them, Join'em"
Simply become a "Lender" also and get in the "Front-Seat"
of the car, the view always looks better to the "Lead Sleg-Dog"

Or in my case do both, Lend and Trade,
with the majority on the "Lending" Side,
and of course a small portion on the Trading Side
simply for the action,
at least that's my plans for the future.
nick32768

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

Solidity my ass. There is an insurance option for the lender use it and stop screwing the traders.

This Giancarlo is full of s$%$, fcks up every time and never owns up to his mistakes... always somebody else's fault.

My lends were not insured, is an option you can select when lending money.

You cannot blame the trading platform for your loss. This crash was largely anticipated and will problably happen again in the near future since BTC must test the 100$ value before rising again.

Nick.

P.S. I don't know "This Giancarlo" but I think they are making a good job.
aragalie

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

simply for the action,

Welcome to the club Wink
It's nice to see there are people on this forum willing to change their mind when given reasonable arguments.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:40:49 PM

This MtGox-problem is nothing to worry about at BFX, it doesn't affect BFX and it is specific to MtGox.
It is specific to their bitcoind, a lot of database backends I've seen so far however think that if they send a transaction, all they need to store is the TXID at the time of sending and they'll be able to retreive that same transaction later down the road from the block chain.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
blueberry

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

And now as a result of Bitfinex protecting lenders, the interest rates have dropped benefiting the margin traders and meaning less interest for the lenders. How ironic.
myb87

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:51:30 PM

that's exactly what happened i made more than 13k in profits that were rolled back. on top of that i was unable to do any trades cause they took more than and hour to open again
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:56:46 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 05:13:29 PM by CambioBTC

simply for the action,

Welcome to the club Wink
It's nice to see there are people on this forum willing to change their mind when given reasonable arguments.

Not that there are reasonable arguments,
it's just that "Any Blind Man Can See The Obvious Choice",

But I will say this from a Trader's Point of View
being a member of http://TradingView.com

A "Coiner" / BitCoin Trader biggest goal in life for the most part
regarding Trading BitCoin is to seize the moment / "Carpe Diem" / To Pick-up "Cheap Coins"

It's the Mantra / Saying of all Coiners, and anyone fooling themselves into thinking differently
is only being disillusional, to deny Coiners / Traders that opportunity will also spread like wildfire
within Communities and I think it was you saying earlier that "BitFinex can always find more Traders",

I would not necessarily agree with that, for instance, I'm fully aware that Btc-e use to have their
Official BitCoinTalk Thread on their front page of their website trading platform, they have since
removed / deleted the thread because they had too many complaints in that thread regarding
lost wire-transfers, transfers in the amounts of over $10,000 USD each to the point of eventually
being labeled as "Selective Scamming", there was a reason that I chose BitFinex who to this day
has handled my wires efficiently and effectively,  and still to this day I will not touch Btc-e with
a 10-Foot Pole,

I refer to them as the "Bad Russians" and Stamp as the "Good Russians" and yes
I know that Btc-e has a Cyprus Address and Stamp is Bulgarian, but what I'm referring to here is
"Reputation" and having been a full-time "Internet Marketer" for the last 5-Years I can tell you that
unlike in the realworld where one can hide, one's internet reputation is everything, all that is needed
is one un-happy customer to go rabid and start posting crap all over the internet rather it's true or
not and it can utterly destroy a on-line business, I've seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Take https://intersango.com/  / Intersango.com  one of the first BitCoin Exchanges, that now reads:

Notice: Bitcoin Transactions Halted

The system running the hotwallet has halted due to scheduled downtime of power facilities.
All bitcoin transactions will be halted until such time as the system can be manually restarted.

Everyone knows that they have been dead for quite sometime now,
but my question to you is that even if they came back up again,
would you do business with them ?

Point and Case is, "Reputation Is Everything",
Trust, once it's gone, it can't be earned back

In order for those guys to open again,
they would have to open under a New Name.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:02:26 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 05:15:56 PM by Sukrim

I didn't loose any money with BugFinex today, I moved to BTCe after their screw up last week and made money there... money that BTCe doesn't steal from your account like BitFinex does.
Enjoy trading on margin there! Cheesy
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1xigeh/psa_btce_is_fucked_do_not_use_mt4_trapped_in_short/
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1xipb1/this_gif_from_freenode_btce_sums_it_up_someone/

DigitalHermit

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

I didn't loose any money with BugFinex today, I moved to BTCe after their screw up last week and made money there... money that BTCe doesn't steal from your account like BitFinex does.
Enjoy trading on margin there! Cheesy
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1xigeh/psa_btce_is_fucked_do_not_use_mt4_trapped_in_short/

LOL... IKR? Someone is sounding butt hurt and a little too eager to slam Bitfinex and shill for BTC-E.

Bitfinex is far from perfect but at least they seem to be working hard to improve things over time.

I personally only trust BTC-E for straight unleveraged trades and nothing more.
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

simply for the action,

Welcome to the club Wink

Not that there are reasonable arguments,
it's just that "Any Blind Man Can See The Obvious Choice",

But I will say this from a Trader's Point of View
being a member of http://TradingView.com

A "Coiner" / BitCoin Trader biggest goal in life for the most part
regarding Trading BitCoin is to seize the moment / "Carpe Diem" / To Pick-up "Cheap Coins"

It's the Mantra / Saying of all Coiners, and anyone fooling themselves into thinking differently
is only being disillusional, to deny Coiners / Traders that opportunity will also spread like wildfire
within Communities and I think it was you saying earlier that "BitFinex can always find more Traders",

I would not necessarily agree with that, for instance, I'm fully aware that Btc-e use to have their
Official BitCoinTalk Thread on their front page of their website trading platform, they have since
removed / deleted the thread because they had too many complaints in that thread regarding
lost wire-transfers, transfers in the amounts of over $10,000 USD each to the point of eventually
being labeled as "Selective Scamming", there was a reason that I chose BitFinex who to this day
has handled my wires efficiently and effectively,  and still to this day I will not touch Btc-e with
a 10-Foot Pole,

I refer to them as the "Bad Russians" and Stamp as the "Good Russians" and yes
I know that Btc-e has a Cyprus Address and Stamp is Bulgarian, but what I'm referring to here is
"Reputation" and having been a full-time "Internet Marketer" for the last 5-Years I can tell you that
unlike in the realworld where one can hide, one's internet reputation is everything, all that is needed
is one un-happy customer to go rabid and start posting crap all over the internet rather it's true or
not and it can utterly destroy a on-line business, I've seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Take https://intersango.com/  / Intersango.com  one of the first BitCoin Exchanges, that now reads:

Notice: Bitcoin Transactions Halted

The system running the hotwallet has halted due to scheduled downtime of power facilities.
All bitcoin transactions will be halted until such time as the system can be manually restarted.

Everyone knows that they have been dead for quite sometime now,
but my question to you is that even if they came back up again,
would you do business with them ?

Point and Case is, "Reputation Is Everything",
Trust, once it's gone, it can't be earned back

In order for those guys to open again,
they would have to open under a New Name.

My point is this,

I've been tracking the Market "All Day" Yesterday
before the problem occurred about 2:00 a.m.
my time, strangely enough my power also went out
just before the rise above 700,

The point I want to make is this,
after tracking the market all day via Fib Lines and etc.
to see such a drop really threw me off, checked the other
Exchanges and they were all working fine, but BitFinex frozen.

Upon BitFinex coming back on-line one did not know if the system
was working correctly or what, and everybody in the thread was
asking "Is The Platform Back Up", don't know if you are a Lender
or a Trader, Lender I'm thinking, but when a Trader is tracking
the market and he's in the "Trader's Zone" let's call it, the last
thing that he want's to be worried about is trade execution,

the trust is placed in the platform to keep it reliable and to
execute the trades in a orderly and speedy way, this is the
trust I'm talking about, so I just sat it out and waited for
the platform to appear normal again, of which now I'm getting
ready to go back into the "Trader's Zone" again, after now what
amounts up to a wasted day of Tracking, of knowing where
those Support & Resistance lines were, Fib Lines and etc.,
being a Lender, you would not understand this, oh well.
nick32768

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:12:56 PM

Then, I paid close attention to your atrocious level of English... and it became clear you are in fact a troll account created by Giancarlo.

You are really smart, I must admit, you caught me, how was it possible ??   Grin Grin Grin Grin

But you are right, I'm Italian, as Giancarlo, and this is why my english is so perfect.

Nick.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:17:45 PM

1 Feature Request and 1 Question:

Feature Request:

How about an option where lenders can decide to "take" the margin call? So if the guy you are lending to defaults (or any guy for that matter) than you exchange your Lended USD against BTC. I bet there is quite some demand for that.

I don't want to buy BTC when the market is moving slow, but in the event of a flashcrash, this feature could stop the cascading effect quite drasticly. Maybe an option where you can decide how much the price have to drop in a given time to set this feature into effect.

What do you think giancarlo?

Question:

Why is it still possible to open "fake" orders in the order book. I just tried if this still works, and i was able to set 20.000 LTC sell wall slightly above market price and i did that through making 2 bogus buyorders at 0.000001$/LTC.

Will this be fixed, or how can we verify if a wall is indeed a wall or bogus?

nicolaennio

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:19:54 PM

The team of Bitfinex is taking hard decisions (and working quite much) around extreme situations. Is it possible to block extreme situations in advance? For example blocking a dump order of 5000 BTC or putting a much smaller leverage when order book is thin?

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

How about an option where lenders can decide to "take" the margin call? So if the guy you are lending to defaults (or any guy for that matter) than you exchange your Lended USD against BTC. I bet there is quite some demand for that.
You cannot know if your USD are used to trade BTC or LTC. If other currencies are added in the future, this gets even more complicated.
I would love to receive interest for lending USD in BTC however for example.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

You cannot know if your USD are used to trade BTC or LTC. If other currencies are added in the future, this gets even more complicated.
I would love to receive interest for lending USD in BTC however for example.

Yes i know that, but that doesn't really matter. If someone holding BTC defaults and anyone is willing to buy that with his lended funds, than this deal could be done. You can add an option for buying BTC and/or LTC .

Seperated lending would not be that clever as this would just create a super small market for LTC that noone would use imo.

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

Off-topic question: Who is providing the liquidity for leverage trading on btc-e/MT4? Is it btc-e?

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:39:52 PM

BTC-E themselves

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: