Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:58:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:28:04 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 11:39:18 AM by BitBits

There is a "plus or minus" button that you can use to zoom in or out of the orderbook.  It is useful to be able to see deeper into the orderbook.  The zoom applies to both Bid and Ask side at the same time.
Gee, how did I miss that Shocked)
Thanks!
Also, pressing more than once on a plus or minus, actually adds/removes more decimals.

Empty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Question to Bitfinex team:
Why the bid/ask prices on the order book are not shown in dollars and cents? Seems like a common sense.
This practically voids a very useful functionality of pre-filling the order, by clicking on the offer.
Example: the bid offer of $622.6 per BTC will not get filled when clicked on it and ordered, because in reality it is a 622.56 (it is just rounded on the order book to 622.6).
One has to use third party sites to see what the real bid/ask to place the exactly matching orders and this can be a hassle.

What was the rationale behind removing the cents? Can we have two decimals back?

There is a plus button to "zoom" to get a more precise price.

Btw, a suggestion for Bitfinex Team to consider, I think it is good to have a option to select the default precision of the orderbook display.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

I hate my family

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:29:49 PM

I wasn't able to verify on Hong Kong's official Company Registry http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/etax/services/brn_enquiry.htm

whether BitFinex or iFinex is registered. I only needed the official Company Name, and I tried various combination, but not results found. What's the official BitFinex Company name I need to put into the enquiry form?

Thanks.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
DoubleSwapper

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:51:39 AM

Raphael, Giancarlo, please do something about the momentary situation regarding the total sum of active swaps.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2aayfh/daily_discussion_thursday_july_10_2014/citjr1e?context=3

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667105.msg7763304#msg7763304

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2aavtk/analysis_of_bfx_usd_swaps_bullish_bubblish/

On every corner concerns are being raised about the gigantic amount of swaps in relation to the relatively thin order book, the possibility of margin calls getting out of control and producing a flash crash and so on while you are being very, very vague, don't explain why you suddenly cut the Bitstamp connection etc.

Please give some sufficient answers. Have you considered the possibility of such an event? What are your possible counter measures? How do you intend to stick to your promise of insuring the swaps? How high is the approximate amount of  reserves you hold as insurance for this case? Do you have an interntal metric to estimate how leveraged users on average are and how far we have to drop in a certain time frame for a margin cascade to be a likely scenario?

I can say that I have been fairly satisfied with the performance of the platform and the opportunities you offer but the clarity of your statements has been lacking quite a bit in the near past. For example this answer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229438.msg7503051#msg7503051 still leaves me puzzled and in awe. I really hoped for a bit more than "wise analysis, makes good sense".

I hope you can provide a detailed response to some of these concerns and ease them a bit as this "problem" (we don't even know whether it's really a problem at the moment) starts to get quite a bit of attention and is also scaring a fair amount of users, maybe even depresses the sentiment slightly.
germanjew

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:16:46 AM

Does anyone know if there are plans on BitFinex to add Call/Put options as another financial instrument to their system? This could greatly assist in protecting traders/users against flash crashes.
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:47:05 AM

I wasn't able to verify on Hong Kong's official Company Registry http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/etax/services/brn_enquiry.htm

whether BitFinex or iFinex is registered. I only needed the official Company Name, and I tried various combination, but not results found. What's the official BitFinex Company name I need to put into the enquiry form?

Thanks.

I also checked the company registry https://www.eregistry.gov.hk/icris-ext/apps/por01a/index# (you linked to the tax registry for companies which is different again), searching by director name, for any company with Raphael Nicolle as director. There were no results (it costs $3 just to run the search! bit rich for no results!)

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:04:47 AM

iFinex Inc. (Bvi)

Apparently registered in British Virgin Islands.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:13:49 AM

DoubleSwapper  -  One suggestion I made after the December flash crash was that BFX publish the site-wide leverage ratio. This would allow lenders to be sufficiently informed to tailor their lending to their particular risk appetite.

By site wide leverage ratio, I mean value of all active swaps divided by value of all active positions. Even better would be to provide some info about the distribution of [active margin/position value] such as its mean, median, and standard deviation.

I don't think releasing such info really gives anything away.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:39:38 AM

iFinex Inc. (Bvi)

Wasn't there a HK adress before? I can't seem to see it on the site anymore
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:51:32 AM

iFinex Inc. (Bvi)

An offshore company can have an address/office in HK or a virtual office with forwarding address..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:56:26 AM

In January there was still a "Bitfinex Limited" registered in Gloucester Road, HK with company number 1872039 - now Virgin Islands?! Sorry, but not communicating this stuff is definitely something that starts to sound very strange, especially after silently(!) cutting your liquidity in half (or worse) by dropping Bitstamp. This is now the 4th or 5th company operating Bitfinex... Undecided

@DoubleSwapper:
By now they should have 2, maybe 3 million USD, they never stated how many BTC the company owns afaik.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
kb24mvp

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:07:03 PM

iFinex Inc. (Bvi)

An offshore company can have an address/office in HK or a virtual office with forwarding address..

Yea I was pertaining about how they took off the address that was there before. I know someone looked it up and knew it was a virtual office but at least it had an address, now they took that off

So can we get an answer about the HK issue- is this actually a company registered in HK with a real business/company number or is it just totally a BVI owned business and has nothing to do with Hong Kong?
whatthesith
Copper Member

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

iFinex Inc. (Bvi)

Yea I was pertaining about how they took off the address that was there before. I know someone looked it up and knew it was a virtual office but at least it had an address, now they took that off

So can we get an answer about the HK issue- is this actually a company registered in HK with a real business/company number or is it just totally a BVI owned business and has nothing to do with Hong Kong?

I guess Bitfinex had been relocated their company to BVI for some time.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
whatthesith
Copper Member

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:11:37 AM

It is surprising that the USD swap rates keep constantly at around 0.16% for more than a week.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
DoubleSwapper

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:33:55 AM

Still not a single answer from BFX to all of this? What is that? Is there some long-ass holiday on the British Virgin Island or is there more to their secretivity. Ignoring this won't make it go away.
21pilot

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

Still not a single answer from BFX to all of this? What is that? Is there some long-ass holiday on the British Virgin Island or is there more to their secretivity. Ignoring this won't make it go away.

why should they outline their strategy for these worst case scenarios in a public forum?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

why should they outline their strategy for these worst case scenarios in a public forum?

Well, because the trust of us users in the worst-case-scenario strategy of a platform is a big factor in evaluating the risk of the platform. Which directly dictates how much funds to have stored there.

edit:
This doesn't mean they have to publish passwords and secret backup locations.
A strategy shouldn't rely on being secret, ever.

Ente
DoubleSwapper

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Because else at least I'm going to assume that their strategy for a flash crash is to run off.

I've trusted Bitfinex in the past but there have been some events in the near past that make me a bit suspicious and trust is the most important feat an exchange has to provide.

1. Silently cutting the link to Bitstamp AFTER TELLING ME they would tell us in such a case (look it up, it's in this thread).
2. Another silent company change
3. Showing some remarkable incompetence regarding the swap system, it was BitcoinIdiotDude who revealed these exploits after they have been going on for months and pecularities were repeatedly mentioned here and they didn't bother to investigate.
4. Giancarlo's massive pumping in the "Bitfinex Margin Bubble thread"
5. several reported litecoin withdrawal problems.

6. Most importantly that they haven't said a single word since three days.
igorsyl

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

It looks like Raphael hasn't logged into bitcointalk for about two days. Is this unusual?
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:01:23 PM

It looks like Raphael hasn't logged into bitcointalk for about two days. Is this unusual?

It's weekend.. just wait a little bit until the next business day.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: