Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:42:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:29:15 AM

I paid them, it's my coin.

But they have access to the repo files.  I thought that was normal.  So thy hijacked my coin?

How do I get ,y coin back them?  There sayin they're helping me but I think programmer at is stealing my coin.  But if he's not I can't accuse him of it since nobody else is helping me.  How do I get control back of my coin?

Somebody please help.

You can ask for login credentials for the repo.  
As an alternative you could clone the existing repo into a new one and convince people that one is the official build.

Beyond that not much.  

The idea that someone is stealing open source code is kinda silly.  I checked, yup the copyright notice and MIT license are still included so the code is lawful.  You don't own the code.  The code is "owned" by the copyright holders going back to Satoshi and licensed openly via the MIT license.  How can someone steal something you don't own?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:31:35 AM

I need a break, this is so depressing.  I'm gonna log out the rest of the night.

Why am I paying all the bounties and now I'm gonna pay for a professional artist to make the coin and maybe thousands for a PhD guy to make this into a real coin if its this easy for SOMENE to steal my coin.

And there isn't one single guy here who know how this works to step in and say this ain't right.  I'm trying to work so hard to do what's right and deliver a good coin and nobody will step in and help me against these guys looking at getting rich overnight by stealing and while gaming my coin.  Why don't they launch their own coin, they can obviously program.  

Why did they target my coin?  I don't get this.  This hurts so much.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:34:42 AM

Why did they target my coin?  I don't get this.  This hurts so much.
You might want to try to develop a thicker skin if you want to develop an alt coin. The alt coin world is full of people trying to exploit them, hack them, find out flaws in their reward schemes, etc, etc. I definitely don't recommend paying anyone to do it since the risk of failure is huge.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:35:06 AM

Read my past posts.  I've said self taught coders are some of the best on the planet from my experience but given i took a risk and got burned I can't afford another gamble, so i will now go with a a college guy.
I'm not entirely sure what you've done since this is the ixcoin thread and you seem to be talking about some other coin without any links to what that coin is. It sounds like you got someone to create a coin for you and they've got control of it due to the source repository being controlled by them? If so, not much you can do. I hope you didn't pay them any money. If you want to 'found' a coin you really need to control the canonical repository, website and announcement thread/forum for it yourself. If you hire a programer to work on it don't give them access to the core repository. Take pull requests or patches for the changes they're making, sanity check them, then apply them yourself.

But they have access to the repo files.  I thought that was normal.  So thy hijacked my coin?

How do I get ,y coin back them?  There sayin they're helping me but I think programmer at is stealing my coin.  But if he's not I can't accuse him of it since nobody else is helping me.  How do I get control back of my coin?

Somebody please help.

You can ask for login credentials for the repo.  As an alternative you could clone the existing repo and convince people that one is the official build.

Beyond that not much.  Also the idea that someone is stealing open source code is kinda silly.  I checked, yup the copyright notice and MIT license are still included so the code is lawful.  You don't own the code.  The code is "owned" by the copyright holders going back to Satoshi and licensed openly via the MIT license.  How can someone steal something you don't own?

I understand open source but it sounds like they're outright using that legal loophole to outright steal my coin.

Now do o stop them.  O don't know how to do what you said.  I'm putting money this is r3.  I hope I'm not wrong but that's the vibe I got off him.  It's not Shakezula.  Somebody please help me km gonna put in thousands to make this coin right please don't let this guys steal my coin.

Help me cause i don't know how to stop him.  I'll pay a bounty but please somebody help me.

doublec
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:36:14 AM

Help me cause i don't know how to stop him.  I'll pay a bounty but please somebody help me.
You haven't explained how they are stealing it. Are they implementing features you didn't ask for? Are they not doing things you're asking for?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:36:21 AM

So the only way then is closed source.  That's the inky way to keep these scammers from stealing your code.

doublec
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:39:12 AM

So the only way then is closed source.  That's the inky way to keep these scammers from stealing your code.
No sane person would run a closed source alt coin client. How would they know it wasn't a wallet stealer?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:40:02 AM

Help me cause i don't know how to stop him.  I'll pay a bounty but please somebody help me.
You haven't explained how they are stealing it. Are they implementing features you didn't ask for? Are they not doing things you're asking for?

Don't bother he doesn't want to listen to facts, he just makes up his own reality as he goes along.  You are just the scenery going by the Vladmobile.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:41:22 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.0

I git cloned the repo so could always start a new repo myself, but I didn't bother to do an on-github fork.

The github user it is under is named for it anyway so designed/intended to have its password passed to whoever, whenever.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:41:51 AM

Death and taxes explained why.

And yes, they haven't talked to me about anything.  I have no idea what they're doing and if they're gonna steal coins somehow and make me the scapegoat.  I don't want any chances done without talking to me first.  

The fact they're doing this in secrecy is a bad sign.  If they weren't planning anything they would have talked to me but not a single PM.  This makes me sick.

Closed source from now on.  They must have liked something about my coin otherwise why do this.

People kept saying how nice the retarget or differential was.  I don't know what that means.  But I made that up by myself I don't copy the retarget from bitcoin or other coins c. They used 600 and. 60  and so on.  Those numbers are unstable anywhere in the universe so of course my retarget or diff is gonna look nicer.

But I don't know what that means or if its important and maybe that's by they're stealing it.  I don't know.  I can't handle this shit anymore.

Why meet with that PhD guy tomorrow if by then these guys will own my coin.  Bastards.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:46:28 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.0

I git cloned the repo so could always start a new repo myself, but iIdidn't bother to do an on-github fork.

The github user it is under is named for it anyway so designed/intended to have its password passed to whoever, whenever.

-MarkM-

What does that mean?  Can you lock it for me?  I give you permission to lock it up.  Please help me.  These guys are trying to pump and dump this coin cause its not their name on the line and I'll be a scapegoat.

Look at me ,ark, I'll willing to spend thousands ro make this a real coin the way you won't the way it should be.  These toys are prepping to to pump an dump it.  Programmer Y started that exchange for nuggets - he's the one doing this.  Please stop him he has no rights - he quit and I accepted his dismissal in writing.  He has no business with this coin.  I'll hire real pros to fix this coin.  I want him locked out of this coin.

I give you permission to lock everyone out until I hire a pro programmer. Please help me create a real coin for this alt community. Please help stop these guys from creating another shit coin just to make a few grand while making me look worse than I already do.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:07:07 AM

But they have access to the repo files.  I thought that was normal.  So thy hijacked my coin?

How do I get ,y coin back them?  There sayin they're helping me but I think programmer at is stealing my coin.  But if he's not I can't accuse him of it since nobody else is helping me.  How do I get control back of my coin?
It doesn't mean they hijacked the coin, it just means they could. If they're implementing what you want, and doing what you want, then there's no hijack. What exactly are they doing that you're not happy with?

I have no idea what they're doing crier there's zero communication.  That's what worries me. If you're gonna help me aren't you gonna tell me?  But of you're gonna steal all the good features and in 2 days launch your own golden block clone with the sweet diff and retarget that everyone said this coin had then they stole my coin while pretending to help me.  I need them locked out.  Until they tell me what's goin on so I Dna at least have them on record.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:09:00 AM

No sane person would run a closed source alt coin client operating system. How would they know it wasn't a wallet stealer?

Right.

Cause after this, I'm gonna pay thousands to develop this coin just so some jackass can copy it all and clone it and do a pump no dump coin with all my features.  If that's what's happening the only coin I'll ever release will be closed source.  Better than working hard, paying so much money to be robbed in 24 hours by scammers. 

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:14:33 AM

Take it to its own thread. But TL;DR as far as I know your coin is out there with your features and you aren't bothering or needing to mine it because the programmers gave you more of them than everyone else combined is going to be able to mine in gosh knows how many months or years, which even if all of them limit themselves to only using one CPU core each, or heck maybe even if all of them make it only one of the 600+ coins their 600+ KHash rigs mine all at once, is probably going to cost them more money in electricity than you ever spent on the thing. Is cussing at your serfs a cultural thing where you come from or is it just good old Vlad impaling everyone where good old Vlad is known for impaling everyone in good old Vlad tradition?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:15:41 AM

So the only way then is closed source.  That's the inky way to keep these scammers from stealing your code.
No sane person would run a closed source alt coin client operating system. How would they know it wasn't a wallet stealer?

Right.

Cause after this, I'm gonna pay thousands to develop this coin just so some jackass can copy it all and clone it and do a pump no dump coin with all my features.  If that's what's happening the only coin I'll ever release will be closed source.  Better than working hard, paying so much money to be robbed in 24 hours by scammers. 

You do understand "your" coin is 99.99% Bitcoin right?  Your coin wouldn't even exist if it weren't for open source.  You can't prevent someone from copying open source code.  Anyone who knows how to use github can clone the repo in a few seconds, it doesn't requrie access or control.  Even if you do gain admin control over the repo people can STILL clone it and launch a copy in a matter of minutes.

Welcome to open source.  As far as closed source crypto-coin well that is an oxymoron however please ignore everyone it will be even more hillarious than the last time when you ignored everyone on things like you should have knowledge on how crypto-currencies work, testing, making a coin with a real purpose, etc.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:17:19 AM

And thus was born Realsolid II Tongue

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:18:24 AM

Nobody has the balls or cares to step in and stop these guys.  When I was thought to be a scammer the whole planet was jumping on me.

So be it.  This coin could have been so great, better than litecoin - I think litecoin is dogshit.  But because one little lying scammer this coin I tried so hard to make for the miners is gonna get cloned with everything good stone and then pumped and dumped and probably blame me for it csuee people are that stupid.

I can't keep reading now indifferent people are.  I'm out of here.  Good night.

And if I find out its r3, which is my number one guess cause he set up an exchange already and I bet he already dumped every NUGs coin I gave him, then I will not stop until I legally tear his life apart.

Mea while all you guys that know how to code just stud by and watch while bitching you hate scammer coins while its happening under your noses and fuck me, a guy who's doing everything possible to create a great coin, a coin that will out a Litecoin to shame.  

I'm not even a programmer but I see nothing special about Litecoin - it's a POS, I have no doubt With a good programmer and my ideas, I can put Litecoin out of business but not with open source where any great ideas like the best diff and retarget people have seen gets stolen without even saying please and thank you.

But you guys just stand by and watch and wonder why now there's 2 new crapCoins coming out per day and soon there will be 10.  

Cause when you guys can step in and stop the loser scammers ruining this alt industry you just sit end watch.  

Good night.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:33:13 AM

Take it to its own thread. But TL;DR as far as I know your coin is out there with your features and you aren't bothering or needing to mine it because the programmers gave you more of them than everyone else combined is going to be able to mine in gosh knows how many months or years, which even if all of them limit themselves to only using one CPU core each, or heck maybe even if all of them make it only one of the 600+ coins their 600+ KHash rigs mine all at once, is probably going to cost them more money in electricity than you ever spent on the thing. Is cussing at your serfs a cultural thing where you come from or is it just good old Vlad impaling everyone where good old Vlad is known for impaling everyone in good old Vlad tradition?

-MarkM-

The programmers (not Shakezula, R3 only, he got all the coins and refused to send them to me) got half of the premine and if they're lying about only half were premined they got 75%.  

And I bet the dimpled theirs, especially r z3 while I didn't sell a single coin.  On, and you altruistic hypocritezv how many hundreds of millions of devcoins do you have?

So I work and pay for a coin but I can't have a lousy million when it was oreviously disclosed?  But you can sell 100,000.000 million blocks of devcoins just for quick profits trades right, oh csuee you earned yours.

I earned more than you cause I took all the risk while you just programmed and copy and pasted 99% of devcoin.

So stop being a hypocrite like I'm getting rich when r3 held my coins hostage for 3 days and only sent me 100,000 and told me that was enough and it was my coin.  He got half the coins (i freely gave them to him) and if they scammed me and mined the full 1% then r3 got 3 million coins to the 1.1 million he sent me.

And you got the guts to call me out for keeping less than half a point after I take all the risk and pay all the bounties while you just do programming and your company gives miners 10% and keeps 90% for devs like YOU, so I give miners 99.5% and you have the balls to call me out?  Grow some character man.  Be a fucking man.  I defended the payouts of devs cause they take all the risk and do all the work you're a hypocrite to Erik for the highest paying coin while calling my coin, the lowest paying one a scam or greedy.  

What a classless jerk.

May God do to devcoin what these hyenas are doing to my coin, snd soon, and then I'd love to hear how you change your tune when your pocketbook is on the line.

I'm out of here, besides programmer X, Shakezula, I can honestly say there isn't one single man here with a shred of integrity or any honesty.  Just selfish ambition judges and scammers.  That's about it.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:38:03 AM

DeVCoin, like IXCoin, is just a free optional extra any bitcoin miner can get "on the side" simply by mining at the right pool or doing their own merged mining.

Neither of them tries to make people divert hashing power from their bread and butter mining to glorify yet another luckycoin/superblock salesman.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 08:06:41 AM

Vlad, look. I like you. Well, maybe not, but I think you're sincere and really want to create a good coin. But you jumped into this crypto coin thing with no knowledge of how it works, and now you're wondering how you got scammed? You need to take some time to find reputable people, learn a thing or two about coins, and then try to launch a coin.

What, other than his own batshit-insane ravings, makes you think he got scammed? The coin is up and running and has been for days it seems.

He has been trying like crazy to scam everyone and anyone including the pity card and I guess one or more of the programmers he has been insulting and claiming to be scammers and so on and so on went ahead and fixed the code and even is maybe spending resources running a copy or two of it and throwing hashes at it.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: