Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 90524 times)
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:52:25 AM

I was reading the specs of EWBF, the software used to mine Zcash and BTG on Nvidia GPUs as I wasn't familiar with it.
I read that there is a 2% developer fee. Is it true?
This plus the 1% pool fee makes a 3% dent on your gains.

It defaults to 2% for a dev fee but unlike Claymore you can set it lower (or higher) if you prefer to.

I default to setting my miners up with 0.2% - which still nets the dev a few $$ a month from my fairly small farm.

How do I change those setting. I don't mean to be cheap but my electric rates are high in California and the alts are getting murdered.  I'm on the verge of turning off my GPU rigs
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:23:21 AM

--fee 0 in your .bat file
But don't be so petty, devs do work to make it possible for you to make money, but everyone wants an free miner, zero fee pool and profitable coin. It's just a few percents and it's a reasonable amount to pay for devs, pools and exchanges.

Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:26:02 AM

--fee 0 in your .bat file
But don't be so petty, devs do work to make it possible for you to make money, but everyone wants an free miner, zero fee pool and profitable coin. It's just a few percents and it's a reasonable amount to pay for devs, pools and exchanges.

I agree, they should receive something for their work.
If you don't want to pay, make one for yourself.
WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:39:46 PM

I was reading the specs of EWBF, the software used to mine Zcash and BTG on Nvidia GPUs as I wasn't familiar with it.
I read that there is a 2% developer fee. Is it true?
This plus the 1% pool fee makes a 3% dent on your gains.

It defaults to 2% for a dev fee but unlike Claymore you can set it lower (or higher) if you prefer to.

I default to setting my miners up with 0.2% - which still nets the dev a few $$ a month from my fairly small farm.

Don't get me wrong. The developers should be rewarded for their incredible work, but I would be much more comfortable with a one time fee (per card or per rig), not tied to our mining activity. In places where electricity costs are high (thinking about Europe), an additional 2% is killing miners.
But yes, I think anything between 1% and 0.1% would be fair.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:45:03 PM

Since today you can start mining Bitcoin Gold. Soon you can use CosmoPool for it.

Here is their link http://cosmopool.online/
Futnuck

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:27:46 PM

Which wallet should i use for mining Bitcoin Gold? I can't use coinomi because i have IOS.
MHs_man

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Since today you can start mining Bitcoin Gold. Soon you can use CosmoPool for it.

Why do you tell us about strarting mining bitcoin gold? There is no wallet i can use for this till now.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:50:20 PM

Any date when it should start? Week after testnet?

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
todualex

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

telegram:
Dear followers of Bitcoin Gold project.
We are excited about the way the testnet is working.
On the second day we have applied changes about the starting difficulty, some more minor settings and restarted the network. Currently we have 57 operating nodes and more than 200 mined blocks. The network is stable and all of the transactions are executed.
We take advantage of the opportunity to thank to users, pools operators, wallets and exchanges that are helping with the development and the testnet progress.
All the received help is highly appreciated! Thanks for all of the support!
Bitcoin Gold community.
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-network-…/

still nothing about mining
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:13:21 AM

telegram:
Dear followers of Bitcoin Gold project.
We are excited about the way the testnet is working.
On the second day we have applied changes about the starting difficulty, some more minor settings and restarted the network. Currently we have 57 operating nodes and more than 200 mined blocks. The network is stable and all of the transactions are executed.
We take advantage of the opportunity to thank to users, pools operators, wallets and exchanges that are helping with the development and the testnet progress.
All the received help is highly appreciated! Thanks for all of the support!
Bitcoin Gold community.
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-network-…/

still nothing about mining

In the very link you posted they do say that mainnet mining will start once they have a few key pieces in place, namely working wallets/addresses and exchanges/pools configured with proper code for the mainnet coins. The post also indicated they would announce the launch date ahead of time. I am fine with this as it is better to have everything in lace than risk a possible rollback later on. As long as they don't pull a 3 AM ninja launch to try and quickly mine some more coins for themselves, I am fine with this proposed approach.

Next steps:

We are in touch with major exchanges and wallet providers that have asked for the replay protection and the unique address format in order to support us, follow their statements and start working on integration with Bitcoin Gold. So all the users can receive their funds without any  problems.
    We will start planning the release of the main network very soon and will come up with release date as soon as we are ready to announce it.
    Go to previous BTG Daily Update to check our complete timeline.
[/size]
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:29:55 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question
Katimand

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question

You can just use your bitcoin address.
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:35:25 PM

but what wallet address do u use nobody seems to fkcing answer   that question

You can just use your bitcoin address.
Be carrefull : it is just the testnet : the coin haven't any value.
It is just for a few time, just the tie to test your production setup :computer, GPU, Pool, and all your parameters.
Mainnet will be available later, probably next week...

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

Early miners will surely make some money on that. It is always the same story. I almost wish that i had a rig of my own, so i could give it a shot this time. Even so, there very limited information regarding BTG wallets, mining pools and configurations. I do have a some old GPU which i can still try. Of course, someone out there should share his experience with us first.

br1mcoin

Activity: 182

br1mcoin : Savings & Wealth Creation Coin x11 Algo

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:14:13 AM

Early miners will surely make some money on that. It is always the same story. I almost wish that i had a rig of my own, so i could give it a shot this time. Even so, there very limited information regarding BTG wallets, mining pools and configurations. I do have a some old GPU which i can still try. Of course, someone out there should share his experience with us first.

this is true.
We have about 30 GPU 1080ti here waiting to mine BTG.
This testnet has resulted in a uptrend of BTG

laineux

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:12:35 PM

this is true.

What are your 1080ti's mining during the wait ?
pinimodulo

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:15:32 AM

this is true.

If I had to guess I would say Zcash or Ether.
anujsainicse

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:13:04 AM

this is true.

Mining Zcoin
pinimodulo

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:44:23 PM

this is true.

Mining Zcoin

Is it Zcoin more profitable for you than Zcash when you mine with the 1080's?
vanillalatte

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

you can use suprnova.cc for test
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: