Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:40:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden.  (Read 30961 times)
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:27:58 PM

The latest facts show that he wasn't exactly a hero after all...

http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?doc_id=264389&f_src=securitysentinel

Ummm, the facts are no-one can know the facts about these programs because they have placed themselves "legally" above scrutiny. The tech giants are legally bound to lie about any involvement so you cannot trust them and the secret court rulings on who does what are ... well secrets. The web of deceit is deep and tangled ... believe whatever 'facts' you like I guess.

NSA is not above telling lies Wink

We do know that Snowden at least lied about himself. That should say a lot about the rest of it.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:33:05 PM

http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?doc_id=264389&f_src=securitysentinel

Ummm, the facts are no-one can know the facts about these programs because they have placed themselves "legally" above scrutiny. The tech giants are legally bound to lie about any involvement so you cannot trust them and the secret court rulings on who does what are ... well secrets. The web of deceit is deep and tangled ... believe whatever 'facts' you like I guess.

We do know that Snowden at least lied about himself. That should say a lot about the rest of it.

Does the NSA always tell the truth?

If, as you say in your post, that Snowden lied, that illustrates the fact that NSA/CIA agents lie and are not to be trusted.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:34:39 AM

where are the facts of this?
atariguy

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:48:20 AM

If, as you say in your post, that Snowden lied, that illustrates the fact that NSA/CIA agents lie and are not to be trusted.

He wasn't even an agent. Just a contractor - and only for 3 months.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:56:45 AM

yeah, let's make this about the leaker because that really is the issue isn't it ...  Roll Eyes

I'm just wondering how a personal transaction-graph built up from all of this intercepted material is NOT a violation of 4th amendment? Doesn't that constitute a search?

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:06:29 AM

He wasn't even an agent. Just a contractor - and only for 3 months.

i asked you for some evidence.  a link perhaps?
atariguy

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:41:39 AM

http://www.boozallen.com/media-center/press-releases/48399320/statement-reports-leaked-information-060913

His income was also a lot less than he stated.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:24:16 AM

I would say maybe the point is just about the facilitation, the convenience of working through the client-side tool. Instead of making the FEDs work (i.e, send user information on a strictly one per warrant basis, and in a uniform format), the tech companies and ISPs choose to make it comfortable for them, which increases the risk of abuse.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:57:09 AM

Meh. He doesn't get kudos from me for being a narcissist. Nor does his pole dancing girlfriend.

I have always assumed that the govt could intercept my fone calls etc. I'd laugh if they did. They'd probably be sitting their listening to elevator music while I'm on hold with my <cell/bank/university/health/whatever> company.

If this is the price I have to pay to significantly reduce the chance my legs will be blown off, then so be it.

You're a complete idiot if you think it is about reducing the chances of "getting your legs blown off" ... and besides from 20 million to 1 down to 20.1 million to 1 ... worth it?

You don't have to assume they are intercepting your 'fone' calls ... they ARE ... everyone one of them and they are storing them in a massive database for all time. It is not that there is some snivelly little NSA Stasi guy with headphones listenis

LOL, "complete idiot"? Really? Are you 13?

Sorry but I think this whole thing is overblown and in a few months time, this guy's moment in the sun will disappear like a fart in the wind.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:59:49 AM

If this is the price I have to pay to significantly reduce the chance my legs will be blown off, then so be it.

Oh, so you admit that you're what's wrong with America?

Grin Grin Grin

Governments being fascist and evil INCREASES the number of terrorists. But continue to live in your silly dream world where the NSA spying on grandma actually helps to reduce terrorist attacks. Grin

Oh, by the way, asking if someone is 13 is just as much an ad hom as that person calling you a complete idiot. Just thought I'd point that out. Carry on...

(Please, let's all carry on nitpicking about how much money Snowden made and his girlfriend's occupation and how long he worked for the NSA contractor. I think we can tell who in this thread sees the big picture and who has spent too much time watching the evening news.)
atariguy

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:22:45 AM

It's not exactly nitpicking when the guy lied about everything.  Tongue

The upside is that people are a little more worried about their privacy, and maybe there will be some limits put on what the government can do before they go as far as to actually do what Snowden was saying.
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:27:05 AM

Grin Grin Grin

Governments being fascist and evil INCREASES the number of terrorists. But continue to live in your silly dream world where the NSA spying on grandma actually helps to reduce terrorist attacks. Grin

Oh, by the way, asking if someone is 13 is just as much an ad hom as that person calling you a complete idiot. Just thought I'd point that out. Carry on...

(Please, let's all carry on nitpicking about how much money Snowden made and his girlfriend's occupation and how long he worked for the NSA contractor. I think we can tell who in this thread sees the big picture and who has spent too much time watching the evening news.)

The age query was serious, I don't think there's a min. age requirement here.

Anyhow perhaps I'm misguided. Can you please tell me in plain English, exactly what this "hero" has told us that any human with two connected brain cells didn't already know?

drrussellshane

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

marcus_of_augustus is telling you right.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:58:41 AM

Anyhow perhaps I'm misguided. Can you please tell me in plain English, exactly what this "hero" has told us that any human with two connected brain cells didn't already know?

I'll take up this challenge.

What Snowdens leak has done is to firmly put the topic of online surveillance into serious public discourse, away from a domain which would be dismissed as "conspiracy theory" by many people.

And yes, lots of people who are paying attention (hint: not many actually do) can add 2 + 2 together and realize that the government probably has a program for surveilling the flow of data in place. What this situation does however, is to make this topic much more immediate and tangible, again pushing it from dusty corners and niches of society into the forefront and mainstream debate. That is a great achievement in my opinion. The only way to stop the development of police states seems to be a critical mass awareness of the population (think V for Vendetta final scene).

Anyway could we please stick to the topic?

Personally I think Snowdens situation and Bitcoin are a great match and could benefit greatly from each other. Has anyone come up with an idea how to contact the guy/let him know about the huge support lying in wait just for him to reveal an address?

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 07:04:12 AM

yeah, let's make this about the leaker because that really is the issue isn't it ...  Roll Eyes

I'm just wondering how a personal transaction-graph built up from all of this intercepted material is NOT a violation of 4th amendment? Doesn't that constitute a search?

HOW IS IT ONLY $20M A YEAR?!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:20:27 AM

If there's anyone who wants to support Snowden beyond just sending him money, I suggest you sign this: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pardon-edward-snowden/Dp03vGYD

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:32:30 AM

Or this one:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_prism_global
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:45:37 AM

Grin Grin Grin

+1

Gallup: Democrats even more dumb than Republicans:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163043/americans-disapprove-government-surveillance-programs.aspx
wdmw

Activity: 199

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:09:43 PM

Reducing your chance from 0.00001% to ...what?
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:14:11 AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen any of you mention the real use for PRISM.

Banks don't care about deposited capital.  They "invest" by using free money from the FED and insider information to front-run their own customers.  This predatory collusion between bankers and government is the entire reason Bitcoin exists.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: