Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden.  (Read 30961 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:04:39 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 04:31:51 AM by QuestionAuthority

Do you or do you not believe the Snowden case is real?

I don't believe anything, so the answer to your question is "no", even if I thought it was real. I don't know anything about the guy personally, and I KNOW the media plain makes shit up, and I know that if he is all over the msm, it is because the powers that be want him to be on it, and that they are using the story to push an agenda.

Pretty ironic that your sig is "GROUPTHINK kills braincells!!!!!!"

Groupthink requires that you THINK! What your saying sounds like mad rambling paranoia. What agenda could they possibly have for making the government look bad? The "powers that be" wouldn't happen to be aliens would they?

Why don't you follow your own advice. You didn't even read what I wrote or any of the article. You've switched from strawman to ad hominem fallacies. I think we're done here.

No, I did read it. I just thought maybe you were the "staff reporter" they credited. You're right, it's all a big conspiracy. It just sounds like a lot of effort wasted on a country full of people that care so little about the inner workings of their government that they seldom even vote. lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 04:37:32 AM

I don't believe anything, so the answer to your question is "no", even if I thought it was real. I don't know anything about the guy personally, and I KNOW the media plain makes shit up, and I know that if he is all over the msm, it is because the powers that be want him to be on it, and that they are using the story to push an agenda.

Groupthink requires that you THINK! What your saying sounds like mad rambling paranoia. What agenda could they possibly have for making the government look bad? The "powers that be" wouldn't happen to be aliens would they?

Why don't you follow your own advice. You didn't even read what I wrote or any of the article. You've switched from strawman to ad hominem fallacies. I think we're done here.

No, I did read it. I just thought maybe you were the "staff reporter" they credited. You're right, it's all a big conspiracy. It just sounds like a lot of effort wasted on a country full of people that care so little about the inner workings of their government that they seldom even vote. lol
I'm no conspiracy buff, but wouldn't that put j.assange and wikileaks on the inside of the conspiracy as well?  Are they sock-pups?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:12:50 AM

Any real leaker wouldn't be given mainstream media press coverage...

Because ALL mainstream media is crafted to serve a purpose and 99% of it is complete made up bullshit - not biased covering of events, but complete fabrication.
Your logical fallacy is in forgetting that other countries do not have the same goal in their propaganda as we do in ours.

The reason you're hearing Snowden's name in america is because other countries are more than happy to report on how f*cked up america can be.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:25:56 AM

I'm no conspiracy buff, but wouldn't that put j.assange and wikileaks on the inside of the conspiracy as well?  Are they sock-pups?

No, I actually don't think it's a conspiracy. I was just saying that to get the loon off my back (don't tell him or he'll tell aliens to come get me). lol

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:33:53 AM

No, I actually don't think it's a conspiracy. I was just saying that to get the loon off my back (don't tell him or he'll tell aliens to come get me). lol

OK, well then to put some more spin on the theoretical alien ball game, if Obama doesn't expect Putin to extradite Snowden, does forcefully demanding it give Putin more credibility domestically in Russia?  Is Obama doing Putin a favor with this?
The NSA by now likely know just how much Snowden has and can have accommodated.  So now it would be more gamesmanship and public opinion management?  The Byzantine-General voting tally, as it were.
Conspiracy theory makes for fun script writing, but other than that, is it useful for anything?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:50:15 AM

OK, well then to put some more spin on the theoretical alien ball game, if Obama doesn't expect Putin to extradite Snowden, does forcefully demanding it give Putin more credibility domestically in Russia?  Is Obama doing Putin a favor with this?
The NSA by now likely know just how much Snowden has and can have accommodated.  So now it would be more gamesmanship and public opinion management?  The Byzantine-General voting tally, as it were.
Conspiracy theory makes for fun script writing, but other than that, is it useful for anything?

Obama's advisors will direct him toward the most favorable outcome for a bad situation so definitely there will be careful management of the situation. That's why the Executive Office of The President has such a huge staff. Conspiracy theories are very useful. They make us think about situations from every angle but they need to be tempered with good judgement. If not we would all be hiding under our beds and afraid to go outside.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:51:22 AM

Because ALL mainstream media is crafted to serve a purpose and 99% of it is complete made up bullshit - not biased covering of events, but complete fabrication.

Yeah, maybe Snowden doesn't even exist and instead he's a secret reptillian shapeshifter. Assange isn't actually hiding out in the Ecuadorian embassy, it's an actor and the real Assange is at camp david waiting for his next orders. Bradley Manning is part of the rothschild world jewish banking conspiracy to leak classified material in order to distract the media from their secret plans to open a porthole into the fifth dimension.

rolf

moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

I baleeted my msg and just ignored the guy. He's a disinfo agent sent here by the government lol
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:04:54 AM

speaking of irony...

Yes, my friends, switching from thinking in dogmas to thinking in catmas takes time, practice and FIVE TONS OF FLAX!

On a more serious note I like the theory you brought up. I can imagine people behind the gubment going all like "hmmm our fascist surveillance state is becoming so glaringly obvious that it's harder and harder to deny and overlook. We should expect opposition so we might as well create, manage and control the supposed opposition so it seems like there is some, when indeed it will be controlled by us!" (insert evil mastermind laugh)

All the more reason for everyone to make their own conclusions and make their voices heard.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:33:04 AM

Name, for the record, of the secret court Judge who signed off on the 4th amendment breaching espionage ... Kollar-Kotelly.

On July 14, 2004, the surveillance court for the first time approved the gathering of information by the NSA, which created the equivalent of a digital vault to hold Internet metadata. Kollar-Kotelly’s order authorized the metadata program under a FISA provision known as the “pen register/trap and trace,” or PRTT.

The ruling was a secret not just to the public and most of Congress, but to all of Kollar-Kotelly’s surveillance court colleagues. Under orders from the president, none of the court’s other 10 members could be told about the Internet metadata program, which was one prong of a larger and highly classified data-gathering effort known as the President’s Surveillance Program, or PSP.

But the importance of her order — which approved the collection based on a 1986 law typically used for phone records — was hard to overstate.

“The order essentially gave NSA the same authority to collect bulk Internet metadata that it had under the PSP,” the inspector general’s report said, with some minor caveats including reducing the number of people who could access the records.

On May 24, 2006, Kollar-Kotelly signed another order, this one authorizing the bulk collection of phone metadata from U.S. phone companies, under a FISA provision known as Section 215, or the ”business records provision,” of the USA Patriot Act.

As with the PRTT order, the Justice Department and NSA “collaboratively designed the application, prepared declarations and responded to questions from court advisers,” the inspector general’s report said. “Their previous experience in drafting the PRTT order made this process more efficient.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-court-judges-upset-at-portrayal-of-collaboration-with-government/2013/06/29/ed73fb68-e01b-11e2-b94a-452948b95ca8_print.html

Pretty clear cut ... round up the criminals. Time to clean out the stables.

pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:02:50 PM

Edward Snowden just apparently left Moscow airport... finally!

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:03:53 PM

Source? I can't find anything

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:06:29 PM

Breaking news on BBC, no more details yet

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:09:07 PM

Breaking news on BBC, no more details yet
Indeed, I saw an other stating the same thing

Info from his Russian lawyer: Temporary asylum in Russia
Russia Today saw him leaving the airport

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:09:30 PM

Best coverage on Snowden is http://www.theguardian.co.uk

They have covered both Assange/Wikileaks and Snowden more than most sources.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:59:30 PM

"
What I think is that everyone already knows that the government spies on them, and no one trusts the government already. Pretty much every independent poll ever done on gov trust confirms that.

You might be surprised how little Americans know about what the government does.
Do not underestimate our capacity to ignore even what might seem obvious.

Your assessment of the media is also interesting, but consider the media coverage in the Snowden case.
It focuses 99% on the personage of Snowden.  Almost zero coverage about what was revealed.
This method is not new, it is repeated with each whistleblower.
The effect is to maintain the ignorance about what is revealed, and focus entirely on the intrigue of the manhunt.  It becomes an adventure and human interest story rather than anything that can affect policy or government.

It was the same with Bradley Manning.  Americans know a lot more about his sexual issues than they do about anything that he revealed.

Americans are instructed to be afraid of our "enemies".

marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:18:05 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 01:17:59 AM by marcus_of_augustus

So how does this XKeyscore thing work ... is it like a credit rating ... to see how close to being a terrorist any one person might be?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/nsa-top-secret-program-online-data

A top secret National Security Agency program allows analysts to search with no prior authorization through vast databases containing emails, online chats and the browsing histories of millions of individuals, according to documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The NSA boasts in training materials that the program, called XKeyscore, is its "widest-reaching" system for developing intelligence from the internet.

I bet it is built on top of linux ...

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:32:24 AM

So how does this XKeyscore thing work ... is it like a credit rating ... to see how close to being a terorist anyone person might be?

I just read that and all I can say is... holy shit!

Every email provider worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every IM provider worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every search engine worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every social media <whatever> worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
and last but not least probably every ISP worth mentioning is being tapped for content.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:57:12 AM

So how does this XKeyscore thing work ... is it like a credit rating ... to see how close to being a terorist anyone person might be?

A top secret National Security Agency program allows analysts to search with no prior authorization through vast databases containing emails, online chats and the browsing histories of millions of individuals, according to documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The NSA boasts in training materials that the program, called XKeyscore, is its "widest-reaching" system for developing intelligence from the internet.

I bet it is built on top of linux ...

Correct!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:20:13 AM

I just read that and all I can say is... holy shit!

Every email provider worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every IM provider worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every search engine worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
Every social media <whatever> worth mentioning is being tapped for content.
and last but not least probably every ISP worth mentioning is being tapped for content.

Since you got that joke, here's one even funnier...
That Guardian Webpage you just browsed and linked here has all the social media "like" buttons and "share" buttons embedded on it.
You can see them on the left.

The Java script those buttons include on the page are enough to provide this tracking information through those social media sites,
So even if Guardian were not providing this browser tapping directly, the java from those "like" buttons would be doing it anyway. EVEN if you don't use them, or Facebook.
Every time you see that little thumbs up, you know you have just added your browsing data to the XKeyscore system.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: