Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden.  (Read 30961 times)
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:34:52 PM

He is a criminal and a traitor and he doesn't deserve anything but prison time. It's just fools, other criminals and anarchists that also belong prison that keep trying to support this idiot.

Anyone who is donating is just aiding and abetting a fugitive and belongs in prison with him.

He got away with it..he won and you lost.  He isn't going to prison....he is going to live in Brazil and have a very full and rich life, unlike yourself.

He should be Time's "Man of the Year" but I doubt they would go with a controversial pick, however deserving he is.

chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:46:35 PM

He is a criminal and a traitor and he doesn't deserve anything but prison time. It's just fools, other criminals and anarchists that also belong prison that keep trying to support this idiot.

Anyone who is donating is just aiding and abetting a fugitive and belongs in prison with him.

He got away with it..he won and you lost.  He isn't going to prison....he is going to live in Brazil and have a very full and rich life, unlike yourself.

He should be Time's "Man of the Year" but I doubt they would go with a controversial pick, however deserving he is.

It's cute that you believe that. All the US Gov has to do is say the word and Putin is ready to make a deal and they can acquire him, Not sure why they havent yet. So again, all he is deserving is being someone's prison bitch.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:16:48 PM

All the US Gov has to do is say the word and Putin is ready to make a deal and they can acquire him, Not sure why they havent yet.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:21:38 PM

Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:55:41 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:46:37 PM by marcus_of_augustus

Ummm, actually Snowden has exposed whole Institutions full of Fourth Amendment criminals, perpetrating crimes wantonly and persistently over many years.

Charges, prosecutions and punishments should be fitting for such criminals. Let the chips fall where they may. Choose your sides wisely, history does not play well for losers.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:28:55 PM

Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the use of contraceptives).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:42:42 PM

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the purpose of contraceptives or the need to limit their pollution of the gene pool).

Agreed and enhanced to support meaning.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:16:31 PM

Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the purpose of contraceptives or the need to limit their pollution of the gene pool).

Agreed and enhanced to support meaning.

Does Honeypot hate America and post only to draw others to hate it?  Methinks YHBT

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
chowderman

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:29:25 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 06:39:28 PM by chowderman

Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an intelligence agency is doing the same thing...
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:33:13 PM

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an inelligence agency is doing the same thing...

Every country is (although mine is likely REALLY amateuristic). This doesn't make it right. It also does NOT make someone who actually proves this beyond a gut feeling (and shows it to people who are too stupid to guess this is happening themselves, which is most people) a traitor.

He was trying to make the world a better place and went through great risk and self-sacrifice to do so. That's my definition of hero (even though the effect will likely be small).
chowderman

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:39:17 PM

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an intelligence agency is doing the same thing...

Every country is (although mine is likely REALLY amateuristic). This doesn't make it right. It also does NOT make someone who actually proves this beyond a gut feeling (and shows it to people who are too stupid to guess this is happening themselves, which is most people) a traitor.

He was trying to make the world a better place and went through great risk and self-sacrifice to do so. That's my definition of hero (even though the effect will likely be small).

I never said anything about it being right. I never even said the US Gov wasn't wrong for their actions, as well any other gov doing the same thing. But Snowden was part of that game and he broke the rules of it, among the players he is a traitor. And consider with the number of nations outraged over the incident, what of the result is an ensuing war or some violent action, what of your hero then? What if his actions are catalyst to that kind of result? It would only make him an instigator in addition to being a traitor. Treachery is bad all the way around.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

I never said anything about it being right. I never even said the US Gov wasn't wrong for their actions, as well any other gov doing the same thing. But Snowden was part of that game and he broke the rules of it, among the players he is a traitor. And consider with the number of nations outraged over the incident, what of the result is an ensuing war or some violent action, what of your hero then? What if his actions are catalyst to that kind of result? It would only make him an instigator in addition to being a traitor. Treachery is bad all the way around.

He's not responsible for the consequences at all. Many other people are, but not him.
chowderman

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

He's not responsible for the consequences at all. Many other people are, but not him.

Not responsible, but catalyst for it. People's actions are their own of course. I know for one however, I would definitely feel the weight of it, if I did some action that spurned others into reacting violently.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

Not responsible, but catalyst for it. People's actions are their own of course. I know for one however, I would definitely feel the weight of it, if I did some action that spurned others into reacting violently.

I would not. Not for a second.
chowderman

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:18:31 PM

I would not. Not for a second.

Ever thought to have no cares about you being the catalyst for something of that magnitude would most likely make you look like a sociopath?
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:18:58 PM

If anyone believes that Snowden could have made a tiny dent in NSA and government behaviors by following normal channels of communication, I have 10 million Dogecoins i want to trade you for 10 million BTC.

THERE IS ZERO POSSIBILITY that the NSA or government would have done anything if Snowden would have followed proper channels. ANY Channel available to him would have led to 1) losing his job 2) worse 3) the government plugging the holes that Snowden used and furthering their lies to the American people. There is no end to corruption and manipulation in an organization that has every email about every person at their disposal. How many Senators would Ed Snowden have had to talk to before he found one that was incorruptible and had not dirt in his email closet. ALL OF THEM and he would have failed.

Snowden will go down in history as a hero of our times. I doubt if anyone criticizing him would have ever had the courage to do what he did or the foresight to understand the folly of doing anything else.

The exposure and change we are seeing related to our privacy has been nothing but amazing and we have only one man to thank and that is Edward Snowden.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

Snowden was a defector against a web of tyranny and deceit where even our own elected officials were lied to and completely ignorant. 

History is littered with the uprising of tyranny and just as littered with people that bury their heads in denial while they let those that value their lives less throw themselves in front of the train of oppression.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 08:25:51 PM

THERE IS ZERO POSSIBILITY that the NSA or government would have done anything if Snowden would have followed proper channels. ANY Channel available to him would have led to 1) losing his job 2) worse 3) the government plugging the holes that Snowden used and furthering their lies to the American people. There is no end to corruption and manipulation in an organization that has every email about every person at their disposal. How many Senators would Ed Snowden have had to talk to before he found one that was incorruptible and had not dirt in his email closet. ALL OF THEM and he would have failed.

Snowden will go down in history as a hero of our times. I doubt if anyone criticizing him would have ever had the courage to do what he did or the foresight to understand the folly of doing anything else.

The exposure and change we are seeing related to our privacy has been nothing but amazing and we have only one man to thank and that is Edward Snowden.

great!

dc0ded

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:33:43 PM

Snowden is a real hero. I wish there were more people like him.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:28:38 AM

great!

Exposure and change?
The exposure is more international than US.  US is losing lots of international IT service business due to the revelations, but other than that, not much changed.  

Its approved and backed at the highest levels.  Nothing meaningful is likely to change, you can believe that.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/06/07/transcript-what-obama-said-on-nsa-controversy/

Obama rhetoric includes:
"when it comes to telephone calls, every member of Congress has been briefed on this program" (leaving out all of the data collection in that briefing, just the voice)

" I think at the outset, it’s important to understand that your duly elected representatives have been consistently informed on exactly what we’re doing." (whether or not representatives are briefed, it is important that you believe that this is normal procedures - a new normal).

"When it comes to telephone calls, nobody is listening to your telephone calls." (They are computer transcribed, voice analyzed, and data processed, not listened to)

"if the intelligence community then actually wants to listen to a phone call, they’ve got to go back to a federal judge" (far a rubber stamp with no oversight, unless they decide it is an emergency, then they can do this later)

"I think, on balance, we — you know, we have established a process and a procedure that the American people should feel comfortable about" (He want's the American people to feel comfortable with the way it is - so no changes need be implemented.)

Unless there is a very outspoken public within the USA, there will be no change except maybe something around the margins as window dressing, probably to include some more funding and an expedited surveillance approval process.

It is costing the USA business, but the government doesn't feel that.  They don't need to make a business work, so long as there is enough tax "revenue".

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: