Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine  (Read 67643 times)
Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:58:54 PM

Anyone here that can explain how does the Masternode rewards work ?

Is there any vesting time ? when shall I expect to see the first rewards flowing ? I'm very unfamiliar with MN's so any kind of explanation would help Smiley

When you set up a masternode, you lock 10,000 PHR in your wallet as "collateral". If you ever decide to stop running your masternode you can unlock the 10,000 PHR and do what you want with it. The masternode is a server with a static, public IP address that runs 24/7, and there are several cloud services that offer them for just about $5/month for hosting, including Vultr, Node-VPS, and AWS (AWS will even give you a free VPS for 1 year using EC2 free tier services).

Phore has published a guide on how to set it up, using Vultr as an example. Node-VPS is even simpler, offering them preconfigured for Phore, you just have to upload and download a few configuration details and set things up in your wallet, but last time I logged in they said there were no free nodes and they are in the process of deploying more servers. The setup process on AWS is very similar to the process for Vultr, but there are a few minor changes--if you know your way around Linux you should have no issue, I also outlined the changes in the process I had to make in the masternode channel of the Phore Discord (@Moonshot). There is also a member of the Phore Discord, @CallMeBaiter, who offers VPS hosting and can help set it up for you.

The masternode rewards (4.2 PHR) are paid out randomly, but they seem to come pretty regularly, right now about every 4 hours. There is normally some delay when you first set up the MN before you will see your first reward--the code specifies that the MN needs to be active for more than 8,000 seconds (a bit over two hours) before they are eligible. In practice, I've seen examples where it might take 10-12 hours before the first reward shows up, but after that they keep coming pretty regularly, although the randomness is there--I've had two rewards come in as close as 1 minute apart before. Once the rewards have 51 confirmations, they are available in your wallet to do as you wish with them, including staking them in your wallet for staking rewards if you keep your wallet online.

Does that help?

Thank you everyone that responded and thank you Moonshoot that's exactly what I was looking for ! I set it up last night no problem and after a few hours saw my first reward, now they are more frequent. I'm going to enable staking later today. Thanks !
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:43:19 AM

Just voted

icoinvestingtop10

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:45:07 AM

i think this project is fantastic , they have a great road ahead of them and should be very successfukl if achieving their goals
darkenedsoul

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Genesis Team™

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:48:02 AM

Have you thought about listing with stocks.exchange? They are relatively new, but have helped spring a lot of coins onto the map. Might be worth checking out.

duyenwong

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:51:33 AM

Is there any vesting time ? when shall I expect to see the first rewards flowing ? I'm very unfamiliar with MN's so any kind of explanation would help Smiley

When you set up a masternode, you lock 10,000 PHR in your wallet as "collateral". If you ever decide to stop running your masternode you can unlock the 10,000 PHR and do what you want with it. The masternode is a server with a static, public IP address that runs 24/7, and there are several cloud services that offer them for just about $5/month for hosting, including Vultr, Node-VPS, and AWS (AWS will even give you a free VPS for 1 year using EC2 free tier services).

Phore has published a guide on how to set it up, using Vultr as an example. Node-VPS is even simpler, offering them preconfigured for Phore, you just have to upload and download a few configuration details and set things up in your wallet, but last time I logged in they said there were no free nodes and they are in the process of deploying more servers. The setup process on AWS is very similar to the process for Vultr, but there are a few minor changes--if you know your way around Linux you should have no issue, I also outlined the changes in the process I had to make in the masternode channel of the Phore Discord (@Moonshot). There is also a member of the Phore Discord, @CallMeBaiter, who offers VPS hosting and can help set it up for you.

The masternode rewards (4.2 PHR) are paid out randomly, but they seem to come pretty regularly, right now about every 4 hours. There is normally some delay when you first set up the MN before you will see your first reward--the code specifies that the MN needs to be active for more than 8,000 seconds (a bit over two hours) before they are eligible. In practice, I've seen examples where it might take 10-12 hours before the first reward shows up, but after that they keep coming pretty regularly, although the randomness is there--I've had two rewards come in as close as 1 minute apart before. Once the rewards have 51 confirmations, they are available in your wallet to do as you wish with them, including staking them in your wallet for staking rewards if you keep your wallet online.

Does that help?

Hi Moonshot.  Are you saying that we can have a masternode running AND staking with rewards in the same wallet at the same time?  Would I need to have STAKING=1 in the conf file to enable that, or just use Settings->Unlock Wallet [anonymisation and staking only]?
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:48:49 AM

I'm trying to setup a masternode on Ubuntu 16.04.3 minimal (without GUI).

I followed the manual but at "make" I get this error:

Code:
qt/multisigdialog.cpp:27:33: fatal error: QtWidgets/QHBoxLayout: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:5498: recipe for target 'qt/qt_libbitcoinqt_a-multisigdialog.o' failed
make[2]: *** [qt/qt_libbitcoinqt_a-multisigdialog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/Phore/src'
Makefile:7559: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/Phore/src'
Makefile:611: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I think it's because of the minimal installation, do I really need gui to run a masternode?
prodifter

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:59:40 AM

Phore is at a good masternode buying point today. If I didn't have all my money tied up in other rapidly declining alts, I'd definitely be adding today
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:03:37 AM

Code:
qt/multisigdialog.cpp:27:33: fatal error: QtWidgets/QHBoxLayout: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I think it's because of the minimal installation, do I really need gui to run a masternode?

CodemanX, ask in the Discord masternode channel, you'll find help there I think from someone who knows.

Just curious, having not used a Linux based OS for 15 years, but whats the advantage of running minimal over GUI, is it merely to use less resources and reduce its footprint?

codemanX

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

Code:
compilation terminated.

CodemanX, ask in the Discord masternode channel, you'll find help there I think from someone who knows.

Just curious, having not used a Linux based OS for 15 years, but whats the advantage of running minimal over GUI, is it merely to use less resources and reduce its footprint?
Ok I've asked on Discord.
I'm running many Linux Servers and on most of them I need absolutely no GUI. You are right, it uses much less resources and it's faster, further there's no need for a gui when you can access most of the programs with an Webinterface.
thomas2

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:44:10 PM

If Phore ever does become its own decentralized, anonymous and encrypted marketplace then a few dollars per PHR is only the beginning
burnedbyfees

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

If Phore ever does become its own decentralized, anonymous and encrypted marketplace then a few dollars per PHR is only the beginning

Exactly, and the team already built a centralized marketplace so it's extremely likely that they can. Nothing is certain in cryptos but this is as near as you get to certain.

TobyTheCat

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

Hi Everyone!
Governance was implemented in the last update! Our first MN voting deadline is coming up in approximately 14 days. I have developed an initial budget proposal for review by the community and potential investors. Please note we are accepting professional marketing proposals as well! Here's the link to the proposed budget: https://forum.phore.io/t/phore-budget-proposal-0-7/48

TobyTheCat

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:52:26 PM

Wow.

Phore is an improved PIVX, and with a better name.

This will be huge
Is it a PIVX fork?

Yes. With plans to create a marketplace, perhaps even smart contracts in the near future.

moonshoot

Activity: 73
Merit: 51

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

Does that help?

Hi Moonshot.  Are you saying that we can have a masternode running AND staking with rewards in the same wallet at the same time?  Would I need to have STAKING=1 in the conf file to enable that, or just use Settings->Unlock Wallet [anonymisation and staking only]?

Yes, you can run Phore masternodes and stake any PHR that are not locked for masternodes from the same wallet, that is what I am doing right now. Yes, you need to put the STAKING=1 in the conf file and restart the wallet, and do the unlock for staking as you described. After the 3 hour waiting period the icon in the lower right of the wallet will turn from black to green, and when you hover over it, it will tell you staking is active.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ( P H O R E . i o ) ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Delivering Blockchain Technology To The Real World
codemanX

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:36:06 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 09:31:59 AM by codemanX

Code:
compilation terminated.

I'm running many Linux Servers and on most of them I need absolutely no GUI. You are right, it uses much less resources and it's faster, further there's no need for a gui when you can access most of the programs with an Webinterface.
Just want to let you know I've managed the installation on the masternode with:

Code:
./configure --without-gui

Then I was able to compile without any error.

I got great support on Discord from Shanto.
fredericos

Activity: 338

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:14:24 PM

Yeah people on discord are very friendly.

Phore has a bright future.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:23:37 PM

Code:
compilation terminated.

Just want to let you know I've managed the installation on the masternode with:

Code:
./configure --without-gui

Then I was able to compile without any error.

I got great suport on Discord from Shanto.

I knew someone would, very knowledgeable bunch in there.

sausagedog

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 11:47:49 PM

From the reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoreProject/

Hi Everyone! Governance was implemented in the last update! Our first MN voting deadline is coming up in approximately 14 days. I have developed an initial budget proposal for review by the community and potential investors. Please note we are accepting professional marketing proposals as well! Here's the link to the proposed budget: https://forum.phore.io/t/phore-budget-proposal-0-7/48

Younie

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:55:12 PM

Wow looks like a very very promising project guys, also no ICO that is a big plus in this greedy times. This coin has a huge potential!
Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:12:15 AM

From the reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoreProject/

Hi Everyone! Governance was implemented in the last update! Our first MN voting deadline is coming up in approximately 14 days. I have developed an initial budget proposal for review by the community and potential investors. Please note we are accepting professional marketing proposals as well! Here's the link to the proposed budget: https://forum.phore.io/t/phore-budget-proposal-0-7/48

Is there a guide to explain how does the voting works for masternodes ? Thanks !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: