Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:26:33 AM

Bitcoin has been fully legalized in some developed countries like Japan.

It means Bitcoin has a true potential and can't fail in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emeleum

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

Bitcoin is clearly the reference for the whole Blockchain. If the Blockchain market goes well so Bitcoin does ! Then we know a huge crisis (because of the speculation) is to arrive, we'll see how it recovers from.
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!
Its present value is really too big but for investors they feel its value is still low. And it will not end until the investors are still hoping for it.
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:42:29 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

If you check the bitcoin price, did you think it is too easy to fail? I dont think so about this so dont think that bitcoin can gone easily.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:45:49 AM

Thanks in advance!

Nothing entirely can be too big to fail. Several big things in the past that are expected to be failure proof have gone ahead to fail at one point or the order even at their prime. We have heard governments fail talk about the Soviet Union, Hitlers Government, among several governments. We have also heard the about the great recession which you equally made reference to. we have also gone beyond the era of technological advancements in the quest to civilization.

In the case of blockchain and several other magnificent technologies that have stand, its because of the constant development and support they have been getting in other to feature in today's world peculiarity. The moment bitcoin supports stops and we continue going, that will be the beginning of the end and no matter how big the technology will be, a small bug can bring down the high tower.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:49:50 AM

Thanks in advance!

I don't think that bitcoin will fall and its not that big as well. Well it has dominated the market capitalization but for me bitcoin is not that big and still on its infancy. And I don't think it can gain the same status as Wall Street. Bitcoin is for everyone and not like Wall Street that's been the playground of millionaires and billionaires. Bitcoin has casuals like you and me.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:49:56 AM

Bitcoin ecosystem is fair enough big to support the existence of this brilliant currency.
As well, Bitcoin is accepted by millions of merchants already.
Bitcoin also evolve into value store medium. People start saving for retirement in bitcoin, for example.
So, Bitcoin will stay with us, for decades.

But, maybe next Satoshi gonna born and we will see even better "Bitcoin" one day.  LoL
Who knows. Smiley

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:50:12 AM

Thanks in advance!

I think that bitcoin can be a completely unbeatable currency, the market is very fond of bitcoin, and it is the currency that represents the future world. It is what we are aiming for

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:52:23 AM

Bitcoin has been fully legalized in some developed countries like Japan.

It means Bitcoin has a true potential and can't fail in the future.
We don't know the future but as the saying goes, anything that goes up eventually comes down and that's a universal law in the world so I suggest that as we invest into bitcoins, we don't put all our eggs into one basket and invest elsewhere as well.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:20:41 AM

no we dont know the future of bitcoin and as people above have mentioned there will be no bail out for bitcoin. we are living in the decentralized unregulated crypto world with bitcoin and it has advantages and disadvantages, anything can happen to its price

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:33:01 AM

no we dont know the future of bitcoin and as people above have mentioned there will be no bail out for bitcoin. we are living in the decentralized unregulated crypto world with bitcoin and it has advantages and disadvantages, anything can happen to its price
who knows what will be the path that bitcoin will take as we already hear about more speculations and there's already rumors around like this which giving
some confusion from its holders but considering the flow i think it will continue to succeed and if you are also a believer you will wish that more adoption
will follow so it wont collapse and fall.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:38:12 AM

Since bitcoins is decentralized its more like the people that keeps it going, too big to fail or too small to fail is entirely decided by the people only, if people continue to hold bitcoins and have faith in it then its value will rise up day by day also governments are now making it legal thus there are better days ahead for sure.
One cannot eradicate that there might be one day when bitcoins can fail and be stopped entirely but right now the figures sure define that its not near for sure.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:46:18 AM

Bitcoin will not fail because the people are keep coming into bitcoin and they are getting more interested in bitcoin and that is the reason why bitcoin is getting stronger and why bitcoin is now one of the most popular thing in the internet. Bitcoin is very big and even though it encounters a lot of problems like banning issues, you can still see that it has a progress that the price is still keep moving up.
cheehong714

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:49:29 AM

Hey guys, I wanna ask what are your plans on your Bitcoin in the future? Do you plan to keep on investing on Bitcoin related businesses or do plan to convert it into fiat and ventures on new business?

I'm planning to invest more on Bitcoin related companies and convert some of my Bitcoin into fiat and invest it on our local stock market. How about you?
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:45:52 AM

Yeah, if Bitcoin fails there would be no bailouts. I guess the whole concept of Bitcoin is against bailing out.

Bitcoin becoming a reserve currency is a long shot, but some countries making it their primary currency is quite a possibility in the near future. Any government adopting a Bitcoin-based monetary system would initially have to go through some challenges, volatility, the government's ability to borrow, decentralized/no devaluation, would need to devise a new way for credit creation, but still quite possible, implementable. Third world nations with smaller economies and going through hyperinflation might take this route.

There is the possibility of flawed monetary policies breaking down a nation's economy.

There is the possibility of yet another global financial crisis, maybe much worse than the last one.

There is the possibility of dollar collapsing.

There is the possibility of Bitcoin failing.

Even if it fails, a good percentage of the world population would already have gotten familiarized with the idea that a decentralized currency can exist for the good.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:46:41 AM

To be very honest, i think bitcoin is itself a big set up which i hope will not fail and will long for years . But still nothing is permanent , a better thing replaces the earlier versions as we see in the financial markets that usually happens everywhere globally. I see the bitcoin in the coming days can be made as a monetory asset with respect to the local currencies & the usage can be made more by increasing the merchants in most of the sectors to start people making use of bitcoin effectively and reduce the local currency cash deficit which will make the economies even more stronger and digital arena will come into place giving lots of benefits to the large investors and users in future.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
tradetoken

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:31:07 PM

Day by day, Bitcoin is gaining this elite status. As the market clears out, and becomes regulated, more and more capital will flow in, helping it settle down.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:14:50 AM

Thank you so much for all the replies! Super helpful.

I believe that as long as technology continues to grow and evolve, Bitcoin will continue to grow as well. The technology of the block chain in itself is very vital to the future.

For me, Bitcoin's greatest strength is also its weakness in that technology has granted us the ability to have this currency. Technology is a very fragile thing. Just imagine a solar flare or a war where our systems were knocked off the grid.

I like to look at as many possibilities when it comes to investing in Bitcoin or anything for that matter. Hopefully none of these things will happen and Bitcoin will continue to thrive and be adopted on a large scale!

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:14:50 AM

In my personal veiws bitcoins has gained a very high value it is now $6K , the users across the globe are increasing day by day , so is the acceptance.
Many sites and company now consider BTC as a way of payment like Microsoft , Dell and sites like steam.
The net income of Amazon is also affected by the fluctuating value of BTC ,
So if BTC goes down it is pretty much obvious that these things may also go down.
Therefore BTC is now very big to fail .
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:32:36 AM

not exactly Bitcoin will fail but probably because Bitcoin is very sensitive and volatile to the news and the price can go down quickly and can go up quickly too.

This can fail but I think the odds are higher so it can not fail, with every day gone by and every new trader who receives it more and more makes Bitcoin its value bigger.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: