Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:46:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:07:24 PM

Bitcoin has been there for years and it is going strong. For the past few years the price of bitcoin was so low than what we have today but because users and investors believed in what it can achieve bitcoin continues to grow. The history of bitcoin tells what it can do, failing is a choice and I hope that is not the plan of the creator of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FameBroker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:17:28 PM

There is no such thing as too big to fail.
haiyou

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:19:57 PM

My opinion is that Bitcoin will not fail because it is based on blockchain technology, which is by far the most modern technology. So the more the blockchain system develops, the more Bitcoin space will grow, at least for now. I think so
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

Yes it might be too big to fail overall but competitive forces should still be considered such as ETH. Unless all miners and investors just suddenly gave up which won't really happen, then Bitcoin should keep growing. No doubt that many are buying and selling Bitcoin that keeps the economy alive because there is a cycle for the money.

Yes definitely it would be hard to gave up bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the symbol of digital currencies.  All the price of emerging and existing digital currencies are based on bitcoin price.  So I do not think that bitcoin will be disregarded and fail.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

There is no such thing as too big to fail.
That's what I tend to think personally. Banks still have the power to buy back the full capitalization of the bitcoin, but they probably would have done so if it were in their best interest I really think that today, nothing can stop the bitcoin anymore... All we have to do is wait for the fork to find out more about its future!
SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 02:23:29 AM

We should consider bitcoin as the mother of all coins. Many coins are dependent of bitcoin by some reasons. I could say that it is really too big to fail. Many people was fooled by the bch pump earlier this week but it was just temporary. People are now going back to bitcoin and I can see bitcoin reaching 8k USD by next week. The possibility is clear haha.

And right you were. Bitcoin is now over 9k today. Amazing how much it is increasing this year and even just in the recent months!

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:32:03 AM

We should consider bitcoin as the mother of all coins. Many coins are dependent of bitcoin by some reasons. I could say that it is really too big to fail. Many people was fooled by the bch pump earlier this week but it was just temporary. People are now going back to bitcoin and I can see bitcoin reaching 8k USD by next week. The possibility is clear haha.

And right you were. Bitcoin is now over 9k today. Amazing how much it is increasing this year and even just in the recent months!
In the recent months it has shown massive growth in value. Same time it has gained more popularity around the globe than the past years. The fork of bitcoin too have got an increased price which at present is making the network grow in value, so there is no need of a thinking regarding the fail.
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:32:08 AM

I consider bitcoin as a great coin along all the coins. It is not going to a big fail even people say that it is going down this year. I am sure that it will increase easily big not a big fail.

hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:43:00 AM

too big to be unsuccessful means the agent is willing to save the failed job. There is no central agent for Bitcoin. This is the best free market!
We must all be prepared for the delayed success. But realistically the only thing that makes bitcoin happen is the fact that a community of believers has value.
jsscswan

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:48:58 AM

It could happen, nothing is impossible in this world like bitcoin will fail. But these predictions are not necessarily true, it could be current or in the future bitcoin more glorious.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

There are very few chances of getting Bitcoin back to ordinary price. As already many new investors start to invest in altcoins too.

Second important thing is Bitcoin have limited supply and according process of production is bit slow in this and onward halving, So if consider demand of Bitcoin globally, there are very rare chances of getting bitcoin fail.

Bitcoin is really a long term investment, after decades value of Bitcoins will be skyrocket.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:23:07 AM

Let's see how much the blockchain technology will govern our planet. The growth of capitalization tells us that more and more people invest in any projects that will improve our lives. So I believe it to be a success and not a failure.

Lannie25

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:37:24 AM

Who knows, even the strongest person can be defeat as saying goes.
In my own opinion as long as they become consistent on what they’re doing and improve always their internal relationship and management they can be unstoppable and indestructible.
Misshi

Activity: 247

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:01:55 AM

Since the blockchain technology is unhackable , I cannot see any reason why would fail unless there is someone or group of people who for the first time can create a program that could hack blockchain. But that is nearly impossible. Well, I know government is still the most powerful one but I think in their own thoughts they are considering this crypto world. So the word failure is not yet on the path of Bitcoin.

Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:51:17 PM

Since the blockchain technology is unhackable , I cannot see any reason why would fail unless there is someone or group of people who for the first time can create a program that could hack blockchain. But that is nearly impossible. Well, I know government is still the most powerful one but I think in their own thoughts they are considering this crypto world. So the word failure is not yet on the path of Bitcoin.

But this is not the point. As far as I understand the main idea of the OP, he kind of means that a government, for example, the American government, is going to back it up somehow when Bitcoin grows too big. Since its collapse would cause severe repercussions throughout economy, the government will have to step in and bail it out. In my view, this is unlikely. The US government bailed out the banks in 2008 because they were the US banks. But Bitcoin is obviously far from that.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:56:32 PM

It won't fail trust me man. Bitcoin has a very strong foundation and already made its point in the business that why bitcoin won't fail.

@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

there is no such thing as too big to fail for a decentralised blockchain I believe. No one person controls it.The network effect will continue to grow, stronger and stronger.

QuartzMen

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:10:07 PM

There is no such thing impossible in this world. Even the strongest one can be defeated. Aslong as the company and management maintain their excellent perform execute to the market they can achieve lots of this in future.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:48:44 PM

No, I think it is impossible to happen that the company and management of bitcoin will strikes down which leads to bankruptcy.
As long as the company and management of bitcoin performs well the public market they are unstoppable.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:36:47 PM

No the company and management of bitcoin performs excellent in the public market.
Their dedication, hard work, passion and perseverance just to provide an excellent service give them more chance to survive in this industry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: