Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:56:38 AM

After reading some of the responses, do you think government trying to regulate or ban Bitcoin will have an adverse effect on its growth or just add more fuel to the fire? As companies start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment it will bring more awareness to crypto as a legit currency. Thus, triggering the government to step in. Could Bitcoin survive in these scenarios?

A government banning a thing usually is a "final statement", so to speak. Bitcoin is rather resistant to programmatic attacks due to its decentralized nature, but the easiest way to hobble bitcoin is to simply outlaw it. Since you cant really use bitcoin without using a fiat gateway (either an exchange or a payment portal), you will have to interact with someone to convert the value. Anytime you do that, you are risking whatever penalty would be applicable in this hypothetical situation Wink

Ad the government is doing just this, right now, because of the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:12:46 AM

Nah man, "too big to fail" means a central agency is willing to bail out a failing entity. No such central agency exists for Bitcoin. It's the free market at its finest!

We should all be prepared for failure. But realistically the only thing that keeps bitcoin going is the fact that a community of people believe it has value. This same theory, reality applies to all currencies and things of value. As soon as people agree that it doesn't have value it will fail and that will be it!

I agree with you bitcoin has nothing to offer people who owns a piece of it, unlike those companies in
wall street they offer business' performance to be good for their stock prices to increase. Bitcoin's prices
is merely from the interest of people and belief that it is the currency of the future which develops it's demand.

Still no matter how big a thing is, if no one supports it it will eventually fail.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1859

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:21:15 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

It is going be much much bigger in the years to come and it will not easily fail. It is getting stronger by the minute. But I assure you it is not going to become like the status of Wall Street because it is is against it. Bitcoin is a revolution against Wall Street! It is against the banks playing a very major role not just in the business of people but in their daily lives as well. Bitcoin is a revolution against centralized financial authorities.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
4p0l4k4y

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Virtual Assistant | Remote Admin Support

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:59:07 AM

I guess you are still not fully familiar how this bitcoin thing works. It will not fail bud since it is decentralize and it is technically hidden from anyone exept you. So everyone who does bitcoin trust it.

I help small and medium business owners increase brand awareness by creating engaging content, customer support, managing email marketing, and implementing automation.
AmXProX

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:34:08 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

Bitcoin still has a chance to fail since it's value depends on the demand from it's users. But that phase is really far from now. We can consider bitcoin as it's toddler age. it was just born in 2009 and is continuously developing. As long as no serious illness it will reach it's senior years.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:39:17 AM

Thanks in advance!

Bitcoin still has a chance to fail since it's value depends on the demand from it's users. But that phase is really far from now. We can consider bitcoin as it's toddler age. it was just born in 2009 and is continuously developing. As long as no serious illness it will reach it's senior years.

Yeah i agree with you, it can happen but not for now because many people use bitcoin and many people are so interested to use and to have bitcoin .
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:59:40 AM

Asking if Bitcoin is too big to fail depends on how the person thinks and what perspective you have in terms of it. I believe Bitcoin started it's humble beginning with a mind not to fail and just to keep on going. To fail or not depends on how it will run in the years to come. The economy and how people accept and respond to it matters.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:27:01 AM

Given its market value today, it'll be of course too big to fail if its market value starts to plummet today and never rise again. But that scenario is second to none, IMO. So why not just ride and enjoy the show this cryptocurrency has bring?

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:10:04 PM

After reading some of the responses, do you think government trying to regulate or ban Bitcoin will have an adverse effect on its growth or just add more fuel to the fire? As companies start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment it will bring more awareness to crypto as a legit currency. Thus, triggering the government to step in. Could Bitcoin survive in these scenarios?

A government banning a thing usually is a "final statement", so to speak. Bitcoin is rather resistant to programmatic attacks due to its decentralized nature, but the easiest way to hobble bitcoin is to simply outlaw it. Since you cant really use bitcoin without using a fiat gateway (either an exchange or a payment portal), you will have to interact with someone to convert the value. Anytime you do that, you are risking whatever penalty would be applicable in this hypothetical situation Wink

This has been discussed in the past in great detail, and the consensus has it that the real outcome would greatly depend on what particular government actually decides to ban bitcoin. Since you don't make a reference to any specific government, this largely means that your claim is false. The Chinese government tried to attack bitcoin as many as 3 times during this year alone and, unsurprisingly, to no avail. In some countries bitcoin is outright banned today and has been banned right from the start, but how much did it change for bitcoin?

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:15:32 PM

i think bitcoin is already too big to fail, so many people are involved, miners, holders, devs and exchanges, all of us have profit in bitcoin, if it really fails, too many people will deeply affected and maybe lots of family will ruin die out

iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:30:37 PM

Thanks in advance!
for me a failure is the beginning of the key to success with a failure so we can know what to do and what not to do or other words as an early learning to go forward and develop especially in bitcoin
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:30:44 PM

Bitcoin is definitely too big to fail, but not because the system is run by crony capitalists. The system is immutable because the code is open source and so many people around the world are involved in making it stronger.

Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:00:00 PM

I think bitcoin never be failed 8 years of the services of the bitcoin, present to us that bitcoin is stronger and more people courage the bitcoin and also other country adapt the bitcoin. Bitcoin is completely unbeatable currency in this era.
VeteranCoin

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:10:55 PM

Great question - they only way I see that happening is when people start trying insure all their BTC holdings and then "if" some big enough goes wrong - which might only be a sudden drop in value that doesn't recover fast enough. So in that case, it would be the insurance company that needs the bail out. Other than that, i agree with everyone else. A decentralized anything can't really be bailed out.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:15:08 PM

Now my estimation in bitcoin, Bitcoin has a more developed into something in the near future. This is year bitcoin got a better news more than bad news like a notice some news on cnbc, Bitcoin splits again, creating a new cryptocurrency called bitcoin gold that then plunged 66%.
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:15:17 PM

Living in the moment and enjoying life is the most important thing.The price of bitcoin fluctuates widely, which is a disadvantage, but the future is always good.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:22:05 PM

For people inside cryptocurrency world, it's too big to fail, but not according to central bank point of view.
Yes, billions of dollars has been invested into cryptocurrency, especially for exchanges and miners.
If central bank cooperate or influence governments to ban exchanges or mining activities, literally bitcoin is dead on those countries.
Government just need a complex reasons to ban exchanges and miners.
Jako0203

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:25:27 PM

Some people, mostly the ones who is new to this site will tell that bitcoin has its unstable foundation. Hence, base on its continues global upgrade bitcoin is really too big to fail, yes, its stability is consistent and strong.
Quietman

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:52:28 PM

Thanks in advance!

Many of us here would always want bitcoin to go higher. It is very volatile that no one knows when will it fall or go high. But it is really possible for bitcoin to increase even more if people would adapt and use bitcoin wisely. There are still many speculations and assumptions for bitcoin to reach $10000 and even higher. And it very close to happen. And about the fall of bitcoin because of its high price, I dont think it would do. It is the negative feedback and negative news about bitcoin that makes it fall but it is easily recovering. Right now I dont see it falling instead I am confident that bitcoin will continue to reign.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:10:41 PM

I don't know why the people are thinking about bitcoin for failing because if you really believe in bitcoin then there is nothing valid to worry for the possible failure of bitcoin because you know that bitcoin is not easy to fail since it has a lot of support from the different countries and its community is enough to faced all of the issues because bitcoin can conquer all of its fear by standing by its own foot.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: