Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:40:00 PM

No the company and management of bitcoin performs excellent in the public market.
Their dedication, hard work, passion and perseverance just to provide an excellent service give them more chance to survive in this industry.

In my opinion, the current fall of Bitcoin is impossible. It has developed very well and has come into effect in almost every human being in well-developed countries. He can not threaten anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Etherlevis128

Activity: 149
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:40:05 PM

It won't fail trust me man. Bitcoin has a very strong foundation and already made its point in the business that why bitcoin won't fail.
To be very honest, i think bitcoin is itself a big set up which i hope will not fail and will long for years . But still nothing is permanent , a better thing replaces the earlier versions as we see in the financial markets that usually happens everywhere globally. I see the bitcoin in the coming days can be made as a monetory asset with respect to the local currencies & the usage can be made more by increasing the merchants in most of the sectors to start people making use of bitcoin effectively and reduce the local currency cash deficit which will make the economies even more stronger and digital arena will come into place giving lots of benefits to the large investors and users in future.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:56 PM

My opinion is that Bitcoin will not fail because it is based on blockchain technology, which is by far the most modern technology. So the more the blockchain system develops, the more Bitcoin space will grow, at least for now. I think so
just because some technology was recently developed doesn't mean it can't fail. the blockchain's strength lies in the decentralization and the numerous nodes keeping the network strong. should off of these nodes go offline, and all existing, up to date copies of the blockchain deleted from our hard drives (without any sort of backup), the bitcoin network would essentially disappear, and so would all the progress bitcoin has made in the past 8ish years.

No the company and management of bitcoin performs excellent in the public market.
Their dedication, hard work, passion and perseverance just to provide an excellent service give them more chance to survive in this industry.

In my opinion, the current fall of Bitcoin is impossible. It has developed very well and has come into effect in almost every human being in well-developed countries. He can not threaten anything.
read what i said above. it's an unlikely scenario, but it definitely is possible.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
hilda483

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:06:48 PM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think Bitcoin will attract many investors anymore. Why? Bitcoin is $18 000 now. Next year it will be $54 000. That's ~200% increase. Other coins will increase 10 000% . Why invest in BTC? hm? Why?

R21

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:08:56 PM

Now a days bitcoin day by day more viral and gain most popularity about cryptocurrency, bitcoin is now most viral cryptocurrency and day by day increase bitcoin demad! so, at this time it's impossible to destroy bitcoin and down it's value!
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:12:17 PM

My opinion is that Bitcoin will not fail because it is based on blockchain technology, which is by far the most modern technology. So the more the blockchain system develops, the more Bitcoin space will grow, at least for now. I think so
just because some technology was recently developed doesn't mean it can't fail. the blockchain's strength lies in the decentralization and the numerous nodes keeping the network strong. should off of these nodes go offline, and all existing, up to date copies of the blockchain deleted from our hard drives (without any sort of backup), the bitcoin network would essentially disappear, and so would all the progress bitcoin has made in the past 8ish years.

read what i said above. it's an unlikely scenario, but it definitely is possible.
I hope that the worst scenario will not be. (because I don't know what to do then Cheesy)
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:37:21 AM

if bitcoin fails, it is not possible the price could be + $ 15000. that means bitcoin market is getting crowded and many investors are interested. In addition, blockchain technology also began to be studied government, especially banks.

helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:43:07 AM

For me cannot call bitcoin or cryptocurrency for this matter as too big to fail.
Situation may still arise in the future that may cause a huge problem for bitcoin wherein it may fail to recover.
But nevertheless that kind of situation seems almost impossible to happen therefore you can be confident about bitcoins future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:46:46 AM

No such thing as too big to fail.  That's why you always diversify.   I made much of my investment capital with two 'star' stock IPOs nearly 20 years ago during the dot com boom/bubble.  One was called Foundry which didn't last more than 8-9 years before getting acquired by another company and the other Silknet Software.   You can hardly find a trace of the 2nd company nowadays even when trying to search for information about them.   I'm not even sure what happened to them as I only held the stock for about 3 weeks before cashing in.  

You can bet though that that capital is still around because I put it into another 30+ investments, some that didn't go anywhere, some that worked out pretty well.  

Diversify and you won't regret it when things don't go the way that you are wishing it to.            

sent from my X6
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:58:10 AM

just because some technology was recently developed doesn't mean it can't fail. the blockchain's strength lies in the decentralization and the numerous nodes keeping the network strong. should off of these nodes go offline, and all existing, up to date copies of the blockchain deleted from our hard drives (without any sort of backup), the bitcoin network would essentially disappear, and so would all the progress bitcoin has made in the past 8ish years

But that's virtually impossible, so such assumptions are mostly irrelevant and make no sense. There are always backups on inerasable media like optic disks and what not. Though I agree that bitcoin may fail in the end but so far it is far from that. As other posters said, you wouldn't see something to be rising in price as fast as bitcoin if you were expecting it to fail soon.

Anyway, if something like destruction of all or most hard drives should happen for real, bitcoin won't be the only casualty.
alphacoco

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:03:10 AM

Too big to fail means someone will bail them out. I have known in banking though that someone won't be held to the same rules as everyone else because the business is needed, I am not sure if our economy is that dependent on bitcoin just yet for it to happen.

The network has problems though and can be manipulated so maybe something will happen to make people lose faith. I really hope not. But then what happens in a world with so many "people" invest in something with 15 times return per year. Surely that can't continue?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:06:16 AM

It looks that way because it's empowering people and trend is looking like more and more people are taking hold of this power and not letting it go easily. The thing is Bitcoin is a realistically new concept for the mainstream folks so it's no where near where it could end up being.

Egoitss

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:17:18 AM

I think its not too big to fail, there can be various situations, someone can find a bug or it can't be bulletproof from quaint computers or Biocompiuters. If we are talking about price, dot.com was bigger still find a way for 90% correction.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Searching for somone who can sell BTC for PAYPAL dayly paying 5% extra. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:23:52 AM

First of all, I dont think any business or project is immune to failure, and its important to know that for now national economies are not dependent on bitcoin. Its remarkable growth has been due to confidence in it as a store of value by those that have signed up and more and more people that keep signing up. As long as the confidence in bitcoin can be kept up. It has a long and very interesting lifespan and any talk of failure for now can be brushed aside. Son in terms of short term and medium term future of bitcoin, its presently doing well for it to fail. Cant say for the longer term though

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:57:30 AM

Even if how big bitcoin is, it can be a big failure too. There is no such thing that gets no fail even the richest man in the world starts being failure. Also, bitcoin is man's power means that individuals are keeping it to run, eventhough the situation is like that such disaster that will stop bitcoin will not be avoided, because there are no organization or can we call a head of this something who will monitor that threats is not even existing bitcoin runs through the availability of man using it. So, if bitcoin might get wiped out by something that will shut it down is easy as you think, because no one will be there fighting up such disaster  and overcome those threats lf shutting it down. So, bitcoin is not too big to fail wiping it out seems easy. Well, this is only my opinion.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

From the excellent performance that the company and management shown in the public market. I think it is impossible to happen since bitcoin they do all their best to innovate the company.
The dedication, hard work, passion and perseverance just to provide an excellent service give them more chance to survive in this industry.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:25:38 PM

Too big to fail only implies a bailout if it tanks. No one will refund us if Bitcoin crashes. So no it's not to big to fail
lickgrumpy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

Bitcoin is an unpredictable currency. Thus, it will be quite hard to determine. When it falls, there's a possibility where it will rise again, and vice versa.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:52:51 AM

It looks that way because it's empowering people and trend is looking like more and more people are taking hold of this power and not letting it go easily. The thing is Bitcoin is a realistically new concept for the mainstream folks so it's no where near where it could end up being.
Bitcoin is allowing people to express themselves and let them raise voice for their rights. It makes them able to bring ease and comfort to their lives and enjoy the nature and its blessings. Bitcoin cannot fail because it is allowing mass to earn money when they are deprived of a regular job and secure their future. Bitcoin allow the mass to fulfil all their wishes and make them able to enjoy their life
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:09:14 AM

As far as I want to support Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is not big enough not to fall. As the saying goes, what goes up must go down. And so someday this will be proven also by the value and price of Bitcoin. It may not be today, but someday. We dont know how and when but it will. Probable reason for it is a panic selling of Bitcoin holders that will have a snowball effect of dramatic decrease of demand and price. Or a bubble burst after hitting a price ceiling.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: