Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELFKEY] ID Wallet for Citizenship, Incorporation, Fintech, Banking, Exchanges  (Read 37459 times)
Paul J. Tapia

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:49:05 PM

Digital id is the next major move in the blockchain space. SelfKey is in prime position.

Yes, and a necessary move as well!
Look at Indias Adhaar project - where the government tries to centralize all its citizens digital ID's.... man this is dangerous!

But all this may on the upside raise peoples awareness about their digital ID.  This is like Orwellian warfare

Could you see a project like Self-Key being implemented into a country like this w/ states? I understand the Nigerian fed. government allowed their states to do as they please, as this identity wallet could be very beneficial to countries that centralize all of their peoples IDs.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
William B. Cowan

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:14:17 PM

Digital id is the next major move in the blockchain space. SelfKey is in prime position.

Look at Indias Adhaar project - where the government tries to centralize all its citizens digital ID's.... man this is dangerous!

But all this may on the upside raise peoples awareness about their digital ID.  This is like Orwellian warfare

Could you see a project like Self-Key being implemented into a country like this w/ states? I understand the Nigerian fed. government allowed their states to do as they please, as this identity wallet could be very beneficial to countries that centralize all of their peoples IDs.

They only let the states in Nigeria implement new land registry laws. There's a ton of indigenous land out there for the rightful people to claim but you drive a good point, especially for countries like India.
Travis L. Griffin

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:52:47 PM

This was a great article! Very well written and this is the best compliance-based projects I've seen! Good luck  Grin

https://blog.selfkey.org/the-growing-selfkey-ecosystem-ada849781ca5
marcgv

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:17:15 PM

This was a great article! Very well written and this is the best compliance-based projects I've seen! Good luck  Grin

Thank you for your words.

With token sales under an increasing regulatory scrutiny, most are realising that KYC should be done at the highest standards.

We are providing this service, our web app is being used by several, we are already market leaders on this field, and we expect that with the new Desktop Identity Wallet that we will launch on January, our market position will be even stronger.

Through the new wallet, besides of performing KYC, users can import their keys and send ETH to Token Sales. This means instant onboarding, sending ETH and KYC with just one click.
DylerTurden

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

PradBitt

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:51:10 AM

Problem is still the regulatory side. If people in lets say India start to adopt SelfKey, but every bank, insurance and mcdonalds requires them to have an Adhaar ID - bad.
However, Things like SelfKey would still work in an international context. This would give firther incentive to offshore bank accounts and such - which on the long run could prove dtrimental to indian economy
CryptoConan

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:57:58 AM

Centralized Government digital ID with biometrics is not really a new thing though.
Check Malaysias MyKad system.  It was introduced in 2001 i think.
Centralized database of fingerprints and even iris scans.  Enrollment is compulsory and failure to comply can be punished by imprisonment.
Now imagine that.  And people have 0 control over their identity,  dont even kmow what gov or third parties are doing with  it....
Kingofthe80ss

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:16:35 AM

Thank you for your words.

With token sales under an increasing regulatory scrutiny, most are realising that KYC should be done at the highest standards.

We are providing this service, our web app is being used by several, we are already market leaders on this field, and we expect that with the new Desktop Identity Wallet that we will launch on January, our market position will be even stronger.

Through the new wallet, besides of performing KYC, users can import their keys and send ETH to Token Sales. This means instant onboarding, sending ETH and KYC with just one click.

Looking forward to that Desktop Wallet. I think having something to "touch and feel" will be very helpful to bringing this project to a larger audience.
I already like the marketplace alpha.
CryptoConan

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:37:48 AM

I

Im not sure i understand you correctly here.  Are u asking if a decentralized ID wallet  would be beneficial for countries that centralize IDs?
DylerTurden

PradBitt

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:26:07 AM

Centralized Government digital ID with biometrics is not really a new thing though.
Check Malaysias MyKad system.  It was introduced in 2001 i think.
Centralized database of fingerprints and even iris scans.  Enrollment is compulsory and failure to comply can be punished by imprisonment.
Now imagine that.  And people have 0 control over their identity,  dont even kmow what gov or third parties are doing with  it....

Yes I agree completely man. But to dispell the Dystopia-FUD here a little bit:

It is nice to see that big institutions such as banks and even some governments are cooperating with SelfKey,
choosing decentralization.

JuanMD (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Check Malaysias MyKad system.  It was introduced in 2001 i think.
Centralized database of fingerprints and even iris scans.  Enrollment is compulsory and failure to comply can be punished by imprisonment.
Now imagine that.  And people have 0 control over their identity,  dont even kmow what gov or third parties are doing with  it....

Yes I agree completely man. But to dispell the Dystopia-FUD here a little bit:

It is nice to see that big institutions such as banks and even some governments are cooperating with SelfKey,
choosing decentralization.

Every day is getting more clear that crypto companies are like any other company, and banks know that they can make profit or take advantage from partnership them. Everything is going according the plan guys Smiley
JuanMD (OP)

Activity: 235

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:05:31 PM

Btw, check this new blogpost! https://blog.selfkey.org/the-growing-selfkey-ecosystem-ada849781ca5
Eric O. Owen

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:30:40 PM

Awesome, great article Juan! Envisioning the next update as I type, SELFKEY TO THE TOP!
Robert L. Otto

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:24:46 AM

I

Im not sure i understand you correctly here.  Are u asking if a decentralized ID wallet  would be beneficial for countries that centralize IDs?

How would a decentralized ID wallet work in countries that have centralized IDs? Sorry if I'm missing something
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:44:17 AM

How will this working step by step and how will be secured the procedure of buying so never occured a identity ID document theft?
Arya Aditama

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:59:17 AM

from the explanation or information of the project thread, I can conclude that this is a good project and have a good future. is there any item translation in this project
DylerTurden

PradBitt

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:07:17 AM

from the explanation or information of the project thread, I can conclude that this is a good project and have a good future. is there any item translation in this project

Their Whitepaper is available in English, Spanish, Russian, Korean and Japanese:

https://selfkey.org/whitepaper/
marcgv

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:21:44 AM

How will this working step by step and how will be secured the procedure of buying so never occured a identity ID document theft?

Hi, ID documents and information is never stored in a server, nor in the blockchain. ID remains locally stored in your device.

This makes identity theft unlikely, as there is no database to hack. The only way to steal your identity could be hacking your personal device, but this is an existing risk, whether you use or not SelfKey.

Adding to my previous comment: ID is shared through a hash on the blockchain. This means that your ID is never stored in the blockchain.

I

How would a decentralized ID wallet work in countries that have centralized IDs? Sorry if I'm missing something

SelfKey is a platform that connects users, certifiers and service providers.

Example:

User: you

Certifiers: e.g. notary

Service Provider: e.g. Bank, a crypto exchange, a token sale, corporate secretary, immigration agent..etc

You will have your documents notarized through eNotary services (fully electronic and online)

Then you will share your document notarized with a service provider to access a product or service. Some services such as a coin exchange or a token sale could not require a notarized document. In this case you could directly apply without notarization.

There is no government interaction here.

We have already partnerships in place to run the platform so we can guarantee its usability.

At some point, could be good having governments as verifiers, but this is NOT indispensable. Platform can run without them.

Our desktop wallet will be ready on January, with this wallet you will be able to access ID documents and store ETH, KEY and any ERC-20 Token. This means that you could send KYC+Payment to Token Sales with just one click.

The web wallet is already in use/has been used by Token sales such as Gatcoin, Airswap and many others.

Let me know if any other question.
CryptoConan

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:34:27 AM

This is one of the most clever applications of the Eth blockchain that i have ever seen.
And your Token is bound to mercilessly overshadow a big amount of othrr tokens,  because KEY provides a massive Utility!
Kingofthe80ss

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:39:40 AM

This is one of the most clever applications of the Eth blockchain that i have ever seen.
And your Token is bound to mercilessly overshadow a big amount of othrr tokens,  because KEY provides a massive Utility!

I agree.
Usually I avoid typical cryptokiddie-behaviour but I must say, I am pretty hyped about this!
DylerTurden

PradBitt

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:32:36 AM

Yes, This project is the most promosing of all the Digital ID projects out there right now.
 it will take some time to get the Awareness about it, but then theres no stopping it.

I mean look at Civic - people just buy it as another speculation object imho, the utility per se comes nowhere near SK.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: