Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14270 times)
Cicada1033

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:07:11 AM

I agree with the people here telling you not to invest all of your saving. But I guess that is said enough now.

I really like that you want to spend at least 50% investment in Bitcoin. That's a reasonal dessicion. Many people who are new to crypto make the wrong desicion by puting the vast majority of their investment in some shitcoins.

So keep your 50% BTC 50% Alts ratio at any rate. 25% Eth is also a save investment. Personally I wouldn't put the last 25% in LTC. I would rather invest you not to put more then 10% of you BTC holding value in LTC. So 5% LTC in your porfolio is enough. Rather pick some promising projects in top 10-20 of coinmarketcap. I won't advice you what coins you should buy do your own research that's important. Just make sure you stay away from Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and Bitconnect.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papashark

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:07:22 AM

You have a wonderful plan. The next Bitcoin dip is below $5000 ,a crypto trader friend of mine told me that. So I am planning to buy more BTC at the next dip for this is the best entry point for all crypto positions. Choose the major alts, secondary alt coins will pump before the major ones hit the top.

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:08:25 AM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Yeah it is good! Investing all of your money to the cryptocurrency world is better. I also invested all of my money to the bitcoin because I know I can double my money.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:09:59 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think this is a reasonable investment plan, bitcoin is the most powerful currency, it should be the most invested. However, I think that ethereum carries stronger potential, I think it would be better if litecoin was reduced a bit.

Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:12:10 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

The coins you choose are coins that I also prefer to makes as investment I choose, I agree with the three coins you choose.. I'm sure it can providing more opportunities to gain profit in the long terms. But what if it's changed to 45% bitcoin, 30% Ethereum, 15% Litecoin, 10% save it in personally savings. I think it's better, but it's up to you.. I just suggest it. Good luck with your investments, best of luck!
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:15:54 AM

I think your approach is very typical. To reduce the risk I would consider spreading more besides the 3 you mentioned. Blockchain is here to stay but the well typical "currencies" might be in for some fight as USD aka JP Morgan wont just give up their power.

There is companies in ticketing like Aventus or Eventchain that might be worth checking out. Also anything related to identity check is a strong use case. Then there is Powerledger for energy trading.

I would also keep checking on airdrops as they are really coming into fashion for all not that big projects to raise awareness. Also keep maybe 3 to 5 ETH ready for very hyped ICOs. And a new topic of interest for me is masternode coins like PIVX or new ones like Harvest Masternode Coin.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:18:17 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think you have a good portfolio. But what I'm afraid of is that you are going all in. What will be your Plan B if it didn't went your way? At least have some money for you daily or month needs dude. Just my advise. If you are planning it for long term? No question that bitcoin is for long term, but I'm afraid its not the case for Ethereum and Litecoin. Really hard to speculate on them specially long term, they are best short term for me. At least invest on bitcoin only with around 60%-80% of your savings so that you still have 40%-20% as your buffer. Don't go all in.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:33:03 AM

Better not to put all your money into those pot because you can lose that if the prices crashed down.
Anyway this is a good idea, invest in crypto your savings than in bank, but we do not know tge fluctuation of valuw it may be low or high in no time.
Yes I agree for that, it's hard to release your all savings then you don't know yet if it is being worthy or not.
Sometimes we must be practical of all the things that we've been through. So that we can scape by falling our savings. We can try to invest but not at all that you will release al your savings, you must release a little first so that you can plan decide after if you pull it up or stop.
Just like eating, you must taste first so that you can choose and be prepared always.

margarete11

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:47:02 AM

Do you have stable job or bussiness to support you if you have strong financial crisis ? do you afford to lose it all ? do you understand the risk of investing in cryptocurrency ? If your answer is all no please I am begging you stop it don't make uour life miserable , thou high risk will give you higher returns but are you willing to take the consequence if things that you expect did not happen ? 🙂
alexsdlr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:54:16 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Don't invest all your money. Even if cryptos are the future in my opinion. My strategy -50% Bitcoin, -50% Ether und then support some promising ICOs with some of your Ether. Good Luck!!  Smiley
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:55:50 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Don't invest all your money. Even if cryptos are the future in my opinion. My strategy -50% Bitcoin, -50% Ether und then support some promising ICOs with some of your Ether. Good Luck!!  Smiley

50% and 50% is 100% and you just said don't invest all your money. You know how percentages work right?

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:02:47 AM

Do you have stable job or bussiness to support you if you have strong financial crisis ? do you afford to lose it all ? do you understand the risk of investing in cryptocurrency ? If your answer is all no please I am begging you stop it don't make uour life miserable , thou high risk will give you higher returns but are you willing to take the consequence if things that you expect did not happen ? 🙂

Exactly. We all have our old saying here: "Invest what you can afford to lose". But it looks like the OP is investing all his hard earn money so all of us makes us wonder what if the things didn't work on his favor? What will happened to him in the future. Its a high risk investment specially the altcoin and I strongly advise you not to invest on them short term. If I have that kind of money I will go for bitcoin and just hodl on it minimum 2 years only and then revisit it after that. We don't know what will the future holds for us, but amongst the coins you mentioned its only bitcoin that has a really bright future specially for the long haul.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:02:48 AM

Seriously, If you ask me it is not a good Idea to invest at this time when the market is an all-time high. Better you wait to for the correction or make a strategy to invest into it. You can use Systematic Investment Plan(SIP) to buy it will able to provide you more profit with fewer chances of getting a loss. If you want to invest for 5 years then Break down your savings into 60 parts and make an investment every month. With this, you are able to get bitcoins at an average market price and earn a decent profit after 5 years.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

I never understand why people go all in to begin with, but what I find even stranger, is that they are willing to hold certain coins for a very long period of time. Ethereum is almost done and over now governments are cracking down on ICO's, so if you really plan to make a solid investment, it would be a wise decision to ditch Ethereum, and put that money into an even higher percentage of BTC. Litecoin is less of a concern since there is definitely some growth potential, but it's not that much as some people here may expect. It serves no purpose, which for me would already be a warning sign that it shouldn't be something that is worthy of investing in. If you plan to invest into something, then go for that what's actually solving a problem, which for example are privacy centric coins.

Instead of going all in with your $12,500, use $7,500 to invest with, which will leave you with $5000 for emergency purposes in your private life. Buy 1BTC, and put the remainder of the fiat you have left in XMR for example, or another coin that actually solves a problem. Don't proceed with Ethereum, that's like you're burning your money.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

Bitcoin is all about the risk. One who has the ability to risk himself unlike the situation benefits. In specific should have good knowledge to make the right decision. One can invest all his earnings into bitcoin and should withdraw the capital leaving the profit once the price increase. If this is possible automatically the user can avoid the risk and profit.

Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:59:02 AM

If i were you, i wouldn't invest all my savings but maybe i would invest 50% of them, and my split wouldn't have been like yours, because i don't actually believe in any other coin like Bitcoin for investing my money on them for long term. I wouldn't hesitate on investing in Bitcoin as i know it will give me some profits in the long term, but about other currencies, i'm not even sure if they will survive very long or not, and even if they survived, whether they will get any higher or not is never known. Bitcoin has already been around for a lot of time now, and people trust it very well, but other coins, they are only good for short-term trades.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:06:10 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Here you are 99% right because you choose those better coins which are have better potential and better technology to operate Thier coin , so it is the surity that these three coins specially bitcoin and etherium will increase easily Thier price and they will give much profit for you .
But still here in my opinion you should select some another coins also to make investment Because there are another coins which have the qualities like the Etherium and altcoins  .
My suggestion for you to put your money in cloak coin , stratis coin , Digibyte coin , dash coin , these are those coin which have not better technology but also have the better potential to give better impact in the market of cryptocurrency .
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:30:33 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think those percentages are fine and the coins you have chosen are good ones that should be around for a long time. The only thing I would caution you on is just be careful investing all of your savings. I hope you still have money available for emergencies. You never know when some government regulations will make cryptocurrencies drop in value so these are still high risk investments.
idahosk

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

ARNA | TokenSale - December 15th

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:34:24 PM

Invest all your savings is always very risky. I would stay away from major coins and find something from like WINGS, DECENT, is just examle, something what is very cheap, has active Dev team and Vision. I would invest here 50-75% from what you plan and keep 25% $ in savings. But many people, many strategies here.

Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:38:48 PM

You know it's a big risk because that's a lot of money to invest.The only good thing is that you really trust in cryptocurrecy and if you believe in it probably you would get bigger profit in it.If that money is an extra for you so there's no problem with that just get ready and dont surrender in facing in every problems you will encounter in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: