Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14274 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

It's great that you are going to start investing and that too from your savings. However, I would HIGHLY recommend you not to invest your ALL savings in the wild market of cryptocurrencies. I don't have any intentions to demotivate you but to be honest, you should invest the amount which you can afford to lose and that doesn't mean that I have a negative opinion about it.

I believe that Bitcoin is going to perform very well in the period mentioned by you but still, I won't invest my entire capital in the crypto world. Now coming back to the choices, I would give a green signal for your first two options as I have not researched enough to comment about investment in Litecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
The axiom, "A man does not test the depth of a river with both feet" comes to mind here because that's what it looks like you want to do. Investing in cryptocurrency is a good idea as it is the new wealth. However, throwing all your life savings into it is a bad idea. While still trying to maintain the three cryptos you listed, you can find a way of including one or two lending coins so that you can be earning residual income from daily interest. Lending coins like bitconnect or regalcoin. But you must set aside some cash from your savings. Whatever happens, don't ever invest all your cash in cryptocurrency or any business, even if it is real estate.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:56:41 PM

Investing in trading is a serious matter. And if you do not know it and just enter it you will definitely lose money and it will affect you especially if you have all your savings in crypto. So if I ask you to study it first well. It is better that you only have half your savings on your trading capital. To find out how trading is
If had read the actually post you would know that OP isn't going to be actively trading their capital. They stated that they would buy in at the next dip and hold for at least 5-10 years. So we're talking about a rather long term trade.

I can't recommend putting all your savings into cryptocurrency die to obvious reasons but you've made a very good selection of coins to invest in (I also like the ratio's). So if you're very confident that it's going to be a good investment than why not do it.

As for me,  I don't think the OP should put all of his savings into investments because there is mo guarantee that this give him profit.  We are also talking about a long term investment here and I think that it would be best if he would just use a portion of his savings,  in that way if something hapoens with the investment there would be money left for him.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:29:17 PM

Let me just provide a quickie input.

I understand that OP is asserting that he is planning to buy in the ratios that he suggests on the next dip, but what the fuck is a dip, exactly?  None of us know for sure, and therefore, you plan should be better than just dumping everything you got in at one point.. Any of us should have a bit better and a systematic plan over a certain period of time.

Yeah, I am o.k.... because I began to take my stake in bitcoin in late 2013, and i largely took the vast majority of my stake in bitcoin by 2014 - however, it still took me a year to establish what i considered to be a decent and working stake in bitcoin.  Sure, my practice has evolved somewhat from then too, yet here it seems that the goal of OP is to take an initial stake in bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and he wants to totally take his stake upon "the next dip".. hahahahaha.. again whatever that "next dip" means?

What I suggest is taking that $12,500 and incorporating it into a better plan that either spans over 6 months or 12 months.

I think that 6 months would probably be fine, but each of us have our timeline issues and preferences in that regard.

So, if you have $12,500 spread over 6 months, then that is nearly $2,100 per month or $525 per week.

Also, if OP has any kind of income then the income can be considered into the matter too.  For argument sake, since OP has been able to save $12.5k, let's just assume that OP is able to come up with $600 per month from income that he is able to put into crypto currencies.  Therefore, he has $12.5k + $3,600 (6 x $600) = $15,100.

I would suggest dividing the $15.1k into 3 parts (that is $5,033 per part).

The first $5,033, he can decide whether he want to invest all of it on "the next dip),

The second $5,033, he should allocate on a dollar cost averaging basis - I have found weekly allocation to be good, and that would be approximately $210 per week (that is $5033 / 24 weeks)

The third $5,033, should be allocated per week too (which is $210 per week); however, only for the buying on subsequent weekly "dips" in the event that you feel it is a good "dip" then you buy, or otherwise you just fold that weekly $210 allocation into the next week or the next week or the next week.  Frequently, ahead of time, you may not know for sure when there is a decent dip; however, you will also frequently have a decent feeling when there has been a "decent dip" that you are getting in (on that authorized allocation portion) at a "decent price"...

Anyhow, that is my nutshell suggestion concerning how to allocate over a 6 month period of time rather than throwing in the whole savings at any particular "dip" point.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:50:03 PM

I think investing all the saving is not so good. You have to keep little portions from that and can invest the rest. And cryptocurrency is good for investment and making the profit. You can invest on Waves. Now Waves coin price is low($3.85-$4.50). At the end of this year, Waves coin will be $10. And this is the most potential coin.
Blossom15

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

I would suggest you slash the money into 4 parts let two of the parts be your investment and then u can do a normal savings on the remaining two
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:06:29 PM

Since it's your own money we don't have the rights to stop you from investing all your savings. If I were you, i'll go all-in in bitcoin. The price is keep on achieving and surpassing it's price goal. As well as matured enough not to happen again what happened before.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:25:33 PM

Since it's your own money we don't have the rights to stop you from investing all your savings. If I were you, i'll go all-in in bitcoin. The price is keep on achieving and surpassing it's price goal. As well as matured enough not to happen again what happened before.
The way on how he divided her saving in investment there is nothing wrong unless it is good but the this is the way of investing it all i may agree that this is not a good idea yes you're right we dont have any rights regarding on his saving because he is the owner but i think more study regarding on investing on how he must handle is the best.
prudencetoller

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

Investing all savings into crypto is not a good idea at all.However, Your split system is like a good technic.you can also add a coin that has a good future I think.It's Waves coin.
The cryptocurrency is the best place to invest your money in this decade because it is a new technology. The world is changing and you have to know that everything will be replaced by something new and more useful. From my point of view, the blockchain, as well as the cryptocurrency, will replace something in our life and become a part of our world. That is why we should invest all of our money in crypto

First blockchain based marketplace of trading algorithms]
TRADINGENE│ JOIN NOW
ICO 4 April 2018
Chinchin29

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:06:56 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

all your savings? lol dont do it
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:24:23 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Good diversification and i like the selection of the coin which is actually capable for long term runs but a friendly suggestion better to always secure funds for emergency purposes which arent really related to investment.Just for emergency since we wont really know on when those times we do urgently need of money and if we did completely invest it we would really have a hard time on finding money for sure since you are holding it for long term.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:41:28 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Crypto currency is high risk investment. Don´t put all your savings in it. You will regret it. If things dip hard you will find yourself loosing your sleep over it.
Has for diversifying thats a good idea.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Freegan

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:19:17 PM

My friend, a decision of this nature should be guided by expert advice and not by an emotional impulse guided by the anonymous members of a forum of which we do not know their experience or true intentions. If you are not sure what to do with your money, then only invest a minimum amount, that you can afford to lose.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:20:59 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Crypto currency is high risk investment. Don´t put all your savings in it. You will regret it. If things dip hard you will find yourself loosing your sleep over it.
Has for diversifying thats a good idea.

Putting all of your savings into investment is very risky. We know how dangerous it is because of the volatility of the coins. In addition,  we are also not certain that the investment will be successful.  It will be better if you will just a portion of your money in investing.  In this way,  if ever the investment is not successful or if the investments was stolen by the one who is managing,  you will still have money left.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:32:18 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Try to consider other coins, you have the money for investment but you should think first before making any investment, consider some advise from this forum before making any decisions.

But, in my opinion, i will invest first at least $500  to $1000 then if it works well, i will invest again. I will not let my emotions decide what are the things that i must do. I will think first.

nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:41:35 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

for me put some little portion in shit coin and some ico with potential to grow in future its more profitable than litecoin and ethereum 
if you want get some big profit invest a big ammount in lite and ethereum so you can get high returns in future.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:51:05 AM

Good plan to split into 3 portions and 50% in bitcoin good idea, we know that bitcoin has had a higher earning in those 3. Remember always that in investment do not avoid risk is part of the success in investing so luck and have fun
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:59:12 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

No mate dont do that, dont invest all your savings in crypto currency that is too risky decision, just only invest the amount that you can afford to lose even those 3 are trusted coin because what ever happens you do not feel too hurt mate. Be wise on investing money you do not hold anything in online investment specially here in crypto but if you really want to invest all your savings you will be ready of the fluctuation of value of those coin. Do not make any panic selling if ever. Goodluck mate hoping that your journey will be successful.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:12:08 AM

My opinion to your plan, Great planning you should have a backup in investment. Don’t put all money in one investment.  I mean don’t invest all in crypto because we know that investing in crypto too risky or unsafe, because crypto is illegal to some country, in short 50% other investment 50% in bitcoin and other.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:23:54 AM

In my opinion by investing all savings in cryptocurrency no good idea, I think maximum 80% of all savings and other 20% keep on fiat. Because we need to keep Fiat for urgent needed, and when this happen and the price of cryptocurrency down then we should be  withdraw it. So that we are in loss. In my research good coin for longterm investment  is BTC, ETH,WAVES and DASH by portofolio 50% BTC and other 50% for those altcoin.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: