Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14276 times)
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

Before investing all your saving to bitcoin , you should consider this first. The emergency fund or cash buffer. You should have a saved money for emergency purposes because a liquid cash is a necessity. If you have this aside from the savings you invest, well go for it then.
Investing all your savings into bitcoin was a nice idea if you really understand what bitcoin really all about. Now, if ever you had a doubt in it even for a little bit feelings, I guess it is much better not to continue to invest it all. Make sure you're gonna do this with 100% belief in bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Slava2204

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:54:00 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

To my opinion - you can't invest all your savings in cruptocurrency or any other places. It's gives you too big risk in next 6 months or further. I spent for bitcoin only 10% all my savings. Maybe you'll win at the end, but your nerves never take back to you.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:31:15 PM

Despite the fact that you split your money into different crypto currency it is the same thing as you didn't diversify your investment capital into different investment opportunities because if any thing negative should happen to crypto currency generally all your investment will be gone. So, I will advise you to invest some portion into some real sectors in the economy to reduce the risk of losing your capital. You can further seek experts advise before you invest all your money into crypto currency.
That sounds like the rhetoric most newbies put up here everyday asking, "What would happen to Bitcoin if the internet is shut down!"  Must versed and knowledge people are aware the internet was built to survive total break down in communication same way these coins are designed to resist banning, which is the worst that could happen to any coin. Something worthy of note is that the 3 coins of choice, especially Ether is not positively correlated to the others, so what affects the others is likely going to favor ETH for instance.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:54:41 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

To my opinion - you can't invest all your savings in cruptocurrency or any other places. It's gives you too big risk in next 6 months or further. I spent for bitcoin only 10% all my savings. Maybe you'll win at the end, but your nerves never take back to you.
It's really up to you if you really want to invest all your savings into cryptocurrencies. If you feel like you don't have anything else to do with your savings, then go ahead and invest it. You can really earn a lot of profit if you plan on holding it for a long time especially with bitcoin. But you should always be prepared for the worst. Don't invest your money if you're not ready to lose it.
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:28:43 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That's a huge amount, the thing I could say to you is buy altcoins such as Ethereum, Xem, Waves, Mysterium/myst, Adex/adx, and Bitcoin. Now its up to you how many percentage you are going to divide it in the altcoins which I had mentioned.

Better I prefer neo
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

The most important rule of investment is "Never Make an Investment if You Couldn't Afford a Total Loss".
I don't think anyone can afford to loose all his saving.

Except that the coins he listed are very sensible choices for long term savings, much better than earning next to zero interest in a bank.

Back in July I took all the cash in a savings account and bought bitcoin. Bitcoin has gone from $2000 to nearly $8000 in that time.
It was not all my money, but a big chunk went into BTC.
The other day bitcoin dropped to $6000, I bought more! Right now bitcoin is almost back to 7500!
I've nearly quadrupled my savings in a few short months.
Bitcoin will very like break 10k by January.

Whould I buy more at 10? Very likely I would, unless some other coin looked like a better buy.
It is not all my money but this crypto is rapidly becoming a very significant investment. Right now I would rather have my money in bitcoin than any fiat.

Don’t go for any other coin stick to bitcoin because this will surely touch 10k in the end of this year and you are asking about buying at ten if you have capital now then buy now don’t invest when it id high maybe it goes down and you need more time to gather profit from it, choice is all your but here is my suggestion consider it if you want to make profit in the end of January than invest faster and wait for 2k18.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
kitanodebunmi

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 08:49:16 AM

Investing all your savings can never be a good idea, crypto world has ups and downs.
ammo-reloaded

Activity: 70

Ammo Reloaded - Project Lead

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

"The lesson is don't give up on a cryptocurrency just because it's down. A well-researched investment should be worth holding onto. The intrinsic value of an investment materializes over time."

AMMO RELOADED ★ Disrupting Blockchain Gaming ★ Coinmarketcap
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:57:11 AM

Investing all your savings can never be a good idea, crypto world has ups and downs.

Did not agree to You ...First research which coin can go up...and in dips dont panic sell but hold, then comes ups and You win Wink
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:20:38 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

It's really a right way since you are using your savings for investing purpose. Its not a good idea to invest the whole money and specifically not for 5 to 10 years. Whatever may happen like bad or good.
My suggestions to you is rotating your funds like buy whenever the dip and draw when its high. Save those profits and try to take back your capital. Use your profits for holding or whatever not depends how much. you should always take your initial money like a business.
Now a days the bitcoin growth is very fast and it will not make you wait for years to earn. Anyway it depends on your satisfaction
Alexoxyevwii

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:25:06 PM

Do not invest all your money. Must stay for a rainy day. I always leave 20% of the income untouchable. Otherwise, you can lose everything.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think that would be so nice because that will indeed gain a lot of profit especially through bitcoins and ethereum but it is a risky decision knowing that you will invest all of your savings. I advice that just save more for your peesonal things because maybe you needed that money. But if you are really dedicated to invest in this business probably higher the percentage of the bitcoins and ethereum because those are the sure profits i promise. Bitcoins can be short or long time investment and ethereum can bloom just like what happen to bitcoins lite coins on the other hand, i am not sure.
LRPchange

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:13:37 PM

I seriously think you have a strong determination and guts in order to do this. Phew. Not only is it risky with the volatility but also the security. 5-10 years @@ A safebox should come into ur mind Cheesy
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:30:44 PM

Do not invest all your money. Must stay for a rainy day. I always leave 20% of the income untouchable. Otherwise, you can lose everything.
Yup safer side we have to keep some money or else we will face problems when we need urgent money. I will also invest money in bitcoins but not full only how much i can afford and my extra money.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:37:32 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Your plan is good but I prefer to you to do not invest all of your savings! You know that this cryptocurrency world is full of risky investments. Make a study first before you invest your money.

Creative person

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:41:52 PM

And what wallet you want to use for it?)
I think it is better to start trade crypto.
Also i think that it is not good idea to invest ALL savings. Leave something.
If you want to make long - term investments, it has 2 different paths: crypto will grow very much, or it will fall. IF it will grow - you will be able to get profit even from small part of investments. If it will fall - you will have experience and some savings will left with you.)  Grin
But anyway - its your decision. Do like you want, cause you will regret later that you didn't do as you want.
good luck!
kavindra

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:46:48 PM

I did not invest all my savings, but I invested 75% of my savings, most of my investments in bitcoin and altcoin are of high value, because if my new coin is afraid of the coin I am investing scam

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:48:19 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Do you mind that it would be better invest this sum in the real sector of economy. My advice first of all is real estate. Cryptocurrency is a hobby for me not more. Sometimes this is quite profitable thing, and risky too.
I will suggest you not to invest all your savings in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is so volatile and it may drop to the lowest level and you may lose your investment. Invest some of your savings and keep the rest in your bank accounts for day to day life expenditures so you will be mentally relaxed and when the price grow more and more you can also invest your earnings in bitcoin to increase your profit ratio.
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:58:24 PM

Yup safer side we have to keep some money or else we will face problems when we need urgent money. I will also invest money in bitcoins but not full only how much i can afford and my extra money.

Going all in coins and bitcoin might either make you one of the richest person in your neighbourhood or the poorest there. You should have some cash money in your bank account even though you're making great investments in coins.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:01:06 PM

Investing all your savings is just a really dumb decision to make. Because, there might be times when the market would be down and it would seem that all the investment might go in a loss. And if by any chance there is need of money, then it would be a problem. So there should always be some backup with you. And invest a small amount of your savings in the start and when you start making profits invest them too. And just be patient in all the ups and downs and have faith. And NEVER invest ALL you savings!
All the best! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: