Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14276 times)
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:35:29 AM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
Nobody holds the future of bitcoin and other cryptos, it constantly fluctuating and 5-10 investment time is way too long. Better to deal with cryptos on a day to day basis so that you can monitor when to hold and when to pull out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhenrhen

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:02:37 AM

Hi! If you know the game, then go on. You can invest but make sure you know how to deal with it. But wait! I suggest you should put aside even a little amount as your personal savings. And good choice to split it in Bitcoin, Ethereum and Lite[Suspicious link removed]d luck and may you have a good decision because in the end, it will depend solely on your own decision. Be wise! Be smart!
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:41:54 AM

Hi! If you know the game, then go on. You can invest but make sure you know how to deal with it. But wait! I suggest you should put aside even a little amount as your personal savings. And good choice to split it in Bitcoin, Ethereum and Lite[Suspicious link removed]d luck and may you have a good decision because in the end, it will depend solely on your own decision. Be wise! Be smart!
But it is too risky although we know the games, if we are able to invest in bitcoin only, then put your savings in bitcoin that one I don't have any doubt because for sure that bitcoin will rise from time to time depending on us. Then, if we will invest in altcoins, invest in top 10 coins.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:39:25 AM

Nobody holds the future of bitcoin and other cryptos, it constantly fluctuating and 5-10 investment time is way too long.

No one knows what will be the future of crypto's but I guess at this early point of cryptocurrencies we can see on how it's growing. Investing all of your savings is better than save all of it in the bank. You earn a very small amount of interest in the bank while in crypto having your private keys and just save it like you have your own bank is way better. You will earn more than your potential interest in the bank by putting sums of money.

Better to deal with cryptos on a day to day basis so that you can monitor when to hold and when to pull out.
Better if you'll just keep on HODLIN for long term.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:26:17 AM

But it is too risky although we know the games, if we are able to invest in bitcoin only, then put your savings in bitcoin that one I don't have any doubt because for sure that bitcoin will rise from time to time depending on us. Then, if we will invest in altcoins, invest in top 10 coins.
right analyzation right time to take that yes it was risky but all the things are risky for so better to have atleast having that way of analyze on how you must gonna do that. If you might going to invest for better choose on the top 10 list , those are the coin that are having the potential for.
Thanhnghi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:17:27 AM

The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.

Are you investing in litecoin at this time?
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Investing all your money has a big risk to your financial status so i dont recommend it all. Anyway its a good idea that you want to invest in the top 3 crypto currency but why dont you invest in bitcoin only instead before the fork so that when the fork is done you will have the same amount of bitcoin gold also. Lets convert your money 12500$ = 2.2 BTC and you will also get same in bitcoin gold.
Probably its risky to invest all your savings in digital currency. Why? Because first foremost you save that savings you have for some special and important purooses like for yoyr family needs. Why you don't just a small portion of your savings, I guess its already enough as a starting investment. 

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:29:59 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Investing all your money has a big risk to your financial status so i dont recommend it all. Anyway its a good idea that you want to invest in the top 3 crypto currency but why dont you invest in bitcoin only instead before the fork so that when the fork is done you will have the same amount of bitcoin gold also. Lets convert your money 12500$ = 2.2 BTC and you will also get same in bitcoin gold.
Probably its risky to invest all your savings in digital currency. Why? Because first foremost you save that savings you have for some special and important purooses like for yoyr family needs. Why you don't just a small portion of your savings, I guess its already enough as a starting investment. 
This post since October . so I think we dont need tell him anything. just want ask him how much money he make and does he keep holding these coin or sell a little bit to cover his fund

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:34:49 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

How I wish I have also that big savings that I could also used in starting my own investments. Actually I agree by how you divide and distribute your savings to start your investments. Bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin are three major digital currency in the digital world today. So I guess you have a good decision mate
Aditya1011

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:37:50 AM

Investing all money in bitcoin is not good...its price is obviously increasing but investing all savings seriously not good...bitcoin is damn best way to invest but slowly rather than investing all in one shot...
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:40:36 AM

Indeed it was risky to invest all your savings in cryptocurrency because I think just a small portion of your savings is enough to start and just make it grow and if you do it successfully then your a good investors and traders at the same time but of course you really needed the knowledge about it.
Mr.Junker

Activity: 222

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:24:45 AM

For me, investing all your savings to 3 cryptocurrencies you have mentioned is not really good idea. Why? because you cannot say what will happen the following days or months if the prices will either go up or down. It is very risky and the rates are flactuating. Also, what if something emergency that might happen in few days or months with your own personal life. Be proactive about uncertainties.
Yes it was a not good idea, why you should place all your savings in cryptocurrency while investing in only one kind of crypto is already better. Its really or very risky to put all your savings in crypto because of its fluctuating state of exchange currency. You could not tell that your return of investment will be enough to what you've been invested. If I were you, I would think many times if my decision would be good or profitable soon.
not a great idea to invest all out our savings. I think I too would like to follow the passions to invest all our income and savings, but after I think I should also live to meet my needs, do you not need fun so you invest all ur money ?? I think it's an investment is a savings also provided we can see opportunities. reading the situation and circumstances that are important to me. when we should stop, when do we pull our investment when we do trading, it's our moment to be able to see the future for sure for a long time ... it's longterm guys, if you want in short-term time may be the chance of defeat approaching you bigger let alone there are trading speculation. long-term and just hold in my opinion is a wise decision than you guess with a speculation about a trading. that my opnion thank's

Niveus

Activity: 280
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

Investing all money in bitcoin is not good...its price is obviously increasing but investing all savings seriously not good...bitcoin is damn best way to invest but slowly rather than investing all in one shot...

I thought so a year ago. But when in 2017 bitcoin grew already 17 times, and my portfolio of altcoins (about 50% of the total capital) in 8-9 times, I realized that all my  altcoins-investments (for which I spent a lot of time) - were in vain  Undecided
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:09:32 AM

For me, investing all your savings to 3 cryptocurrencies you have mentioned is not really good idea. Why? because you cannot say what will happen the following days or months if the prices will either go up or down. It is very risky and the rates are flactuating. Also, what if something emergency that might happen in few days or months with your own personal life. Be proactive about uncertainties.
Yes it was a not good idea, why you should place all your savings in cryptocurrency while investing in only one kind of crypto is already better. Its really or very risky to put all your savings in crypto because of its fluctuating state of exchange currency. You could not tell that your return of investment will be enough to what you've been invested. If I were you, I would think many times if my decision would be good or profitable soon.
I think you should properly manage your savings as it is risky to put all your savings in market. It may be a good idea to invest 40% to 50% of your savings initially. It is very important to monitor the market before investment. Successful traders do proper home work before investment in order to avoid any loss. If you are getting profit as per your thinking then you may think about the remaining amount.
Habakkuk77

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:30:29 AM

In my own opinion it is hard to manage three split  kinds of coins. But it is up for your own decision if you have enough skill in trading you can do that. But for me it is better to start in small things for you to have preparation. That is very risky to turn all you savings into investment. But I appreciate your desire to put investment in this digital currency.

[
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:52:01 AM

I will not recommend to instantly invest all your savings, use common sense, if you don't know how to trade you can easily loose you investment easily, if you are planning to do that be a experienced trader or start small.
19mlmendoza82

Activity: 84

AQGmvEGdwBDWpNmH23337qRVEdqj7wduzj

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

it's not advisable to invest everything in one investment.. like what all the businessman said... don't put all your eggs in one basket.. much better to diversify and explore posibilities.

Decade_Later

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Changing the world, one project at a time

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 01:19:57 PM

It's also not advisable to consider all cryptos the same basket. The OP clearly understands the differences and is putting his money in crypto. How many people put all their eggs in one basket with fiat? OP at least even has savings! He's a lot farther ahead and I think we should sit back and watch how it plays out rather than critique based on old sayings.

If it's an asset, it can be tokenized. www.assetbase.io
watchbay30

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:01:59 PM

I will not recommend to instantly invest all your savings, use common sense, if you don't know how to trade you can easily loose you investment easily, if you are planning to do that be a experienced trader or start small.
The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.
EfganMiu

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:15:56 PM

I am also investing all the savings I have in bitcoin and crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: