Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans  (Read 55732 times)
soulmann

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

Is http://arg.epools.org/ working?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:52:19 PM

yes

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:55:34 PM

A bit different as difficulty targets are also updated on the site and those sites showing nextdifficulty have a different purpose (and more than just based on chance as to what that difficulty will be).

I guess what I can do is see if the code in ARG provides any guidance as to the actual distribution of the random block reward and figure that in.  Or, better yet, have a ARG-AVG coin on my chart that is the predicted profitability of ARG assuming the average block award.

The larger issue is if I provide an inflated profitability, people get mad when they mine and don't get that.  If I deflate it - less mad.  Right now, those who know ARG can look at my chart and say - "So CC is saying 45% profitability but they base that off a reward of 1, so if I multiple that to be the reward I assume it to be 3, than it is 45% * 3".
Again, who the fuck is solo mining this coin? No one. Pooled average will be 3 coins per block. And if someone decides to solo mine this coin, they will surely have enough hashing power that it will average out to 3.

Digicoiner

Activity: 310

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:58:06 PM

but the site was down a minute ago.  all I got was a message that "something is wrong"
erundook

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

but the site was down a minute ago.  all I got was a message that "something is wrong"
it had a server failure, but recovered already

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

A bit different as difficulty targets are also updated on the site and those sites showing nextdifficulty have a different purpose (and more than just based on chance as to what that difficulty will be).

I guess what I can do is see if the code in ARG provides any guidance as to the actual distribution of the random block reward and figure that in.  Or, better yet, have a ARG-AVG coin on my chart that is the predicted profitability of ARG assuming the average block award.

The larger issue is if I provide an inflated profitability, people get mad when they mine and don't get that.  If I deflate it - less mad.  Right now, those who know ARG can look at my chart and say - "So CC is saying 45% profitability but they base that off a reward of 1, so if I multiple that to be the reward I assume it to be 3, than it is 45% * 3".
Again, who the fuck is solo mining this coin? No one. Pooled average will be 3 coins per block. And if someone decides to solo mine this coin, they will surely have enough hashing power that it will average out to 3.

Point taken.  I may as well just take it down again since really no way to tell the profitability of this coin.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:05:36 PM

Point taken.  I may as well just take it down again since really no way to tell the profitability of this coin.
You act like people mine 1 block and then stop? If they are pool mining (which is 99.9% of the people that use your site), mining for even just 30 minutes will equate to an average of 3 coins per block.

This is not difficult.

sal002

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:11:04 PM

Point taken.  I may as well just take it down again since really no way to tell the profitability of this coin.
You act like people mine 1 block and then stop? If they are pool mining (which is 99.9% of the people that use your site), mining for even just 30 minutes will equate to an average of 3 coins per block.

This is not difficult.

No - it is difficult.  There was a thread about creating a CC-proof coin that would make the profitability number inaccurate.  One of the suggestions was do to EXACTLY what this coin is doing as far as random block reward.  

I really don't see the issue with having a 1 block reward - you believe the average is 3, so why can't you just multiple the number times 3?  Maybe someone else has done an analysis and found the true distribution of block rewards favors 2.6 or 3.5 on average.  I believe it is best to state the low end which is basically the guaranteed block reward.  If ARG guaranteed at least three coins per block or if any pool said (no matter what - you get 3 blocks per block), I would move it to 3.  This coin isn't designed that way, so I have to go on the low end.

I had this same argument with LuckyCoin which also has random block rewards and still believe I'd rather undervalue than overvalue. 

I need more than just that the average MIGHT be 3.  I need that it is. 

erundook

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:17:43 PM

No - it is difficult.  There was a thread about creating a CC-proof coin that would make the profitability number inaccurate.  One of the suggestions was do to EXACTLY what this coin is doing as far as random block reward.  

I really don't see the issue with having a 1 block reward - you believe the average is 3, so why can't you just multiple the number times 3?  Maybe someone else has done an analysis and found the true distribution of block rewards favors 2.6 or 3.5 on average.  I believe it is best to state the low end which is basically the guaranteed block reward.  If ARG guaranteed at least three coins per block or if any pool said (no matter what - you get 3 blocks per block), I would move it to 3.  This coin isn't designed that way, so I have to go on the low end.

I had this same argument with LuckyCoin which also has random block rewards and still believe I'd rather undervalue than overvalue.  

I need more than just that the average MIGHT be 3.  I need that it is.  

easy:

irb(main):001:0> Block.valid.sum(:reward)/Block.valid.count
   (7.0ms)  SELECT SUM(`blocks`.`reward`) AS sum_id FROM `blocks` WHERE `blocks`.`status` IN ('immature', 'generate', 'orphan')
   (5.2ms)  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `blocks` WHERE `blocks`.`status` IN ('immature', 'generate', 'orphan')
=> 3.001380553617765
irb(main):002:0> Block.valid.count
   (7.4ms)  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `blocks` WHERE `blocks`.`status` IN ('immature', 'generate', 'orphan')
=> 15219
irb(main):003:0>

hope 15K blocks are average enough for you Cheesy

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

sal002

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:32:10 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 07:56:51 PM by sal002

EDITTED - I guess unless the ARG group tells me to keep it up with a 3, probably just easier to remove it.  ARG fits more into the YAC realm as not a coin that makes sense on CC.  Maybe Coinwarz will put it up.
nearmiss

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:59:55 AM

http://arg.scryptmining.com still looking for some more miners.

Proportional payout per block (no pplns warmups)
Variable Difficulty per worker
Stratum-only

Servers recently upgraded.

Help spread the hashpower, currently 80% in one spot!

Come check us out Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
OnlyC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:21:17 AM

I dont think ARG is 157% profit / BTC. It's like trash with that price.
erundook

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:51:00 AM

I dont think ARG is 157% profit / BTC. It's like trash with that price.
with diff of 0.6 it is. but if you mined your coins at diff 1.3, it is sure not.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

AlphaC (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 04:44:53 PM

Argentum will gain a lot of usefulness from DGC bank that is coming.  Smiley
snaidervp

Activity: 333

"Raven's Cry"

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

Argentum will gain a lot of usefulness from DGC bank that is coming.  Smiley

we havent hear from you since... well.. since we hit the exchange and we were starting to worry Grin

ppl keep selling undervalued ARG for 1,5 days now...

yawn
AlphaC (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

I was just busy working on some cool things with baritus.

Smiley
zappa

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:13:58 PM

seems great, if you create oportunities for us to actualy do stuff with it that would be realy awesome, i think im gonna hold my 2k of them, been mining since hour 1 and im still goin! continious dev supp realy is what's gonna make this bigger than the general pump/dumb shitcoin! gl on building more services  Grin (if you're starting out something others will surely follow!)
s7ereotype

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:25:21 AM

The horror that is going on with the course cryptsy. ARG dropped the most do not. I sincerely hope that I have not knowingly mining other coins and change them on the ARG.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:33:10 AM

Any word yet what role ARG has to play with BAritus DGC Bank?
zappa

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

hashrate down to 60 mhash  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: