Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 3312 times)
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:12:19 PM

Here is a link to the binaries that were originally in the OP. 

https://mega.co.nz/#!pNw3jAwI!TjFZkWtltmEwiQqt1PBknif_AQUnGVR5Th4utv_PNDw

Disclaimer:  I am simply reposting these.  I have no idea if they are clean.  Please scan yourself, and run in a sandboxed environment.  I have not altered these in anyway whatsoever.  If there is any issue with them, blame OP (Aquaman). 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:12:48 PM

i dont think many blocks have even been mined as yet, why were the binaries removed and then put back anyway? what was the point of it?

Nolo

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:13:29 PM

i dont think many blocks have even been mined as yet, why were the binaries removed and then put back anyway? what was the point of it?

Not sure.  We're sitting at block 413 as of this post. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:17:48 PM

I downloaded the source and compiled it on Ubuntu before Aquaman pulled the source from github.

Looking at the source code now, I wonder if what went "wrong" is that someone successfully overwrote the early blockchain and "stole" Aquaman's intended premine.  The source code clearly intended the first five blocks as the developer's premine:
Code:
	int64 nSubsidy = 10 * COIN;
if (nHeight < 5)
{
nSubsidy = 50000 * COIN;
}
return nSubsidy + nFees;
but failed to include any hardcoded checkpoints.

Given the low initial difficulty, someone with high initial hashing power, or some lead time on getting the source code, could have mined from block zero and grabbed those first 5 blocks.

Odd.  I asked point-blank what the premine was and you can see the reply was 140 block for 200,000 coins.  This tells me one of a couple things.  OP Lied when asked the question, or didn't know.  I'm not sure which is a bigger concern.

Not sure why anyone would be interesting in this in the least, but to each his own.
trenal

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:19:35 PM

We need a page to track all the alts and how fast they failed, at least Aquaman will be successful at something then.
Nolo

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:21:56 PM

I downloaded the source and compiled it on Ubuntu before Aquaman pulled the source from github.

Looking at the source code now, I wonder if what went "wrong" is that someone successfully overwrote the early blockchain and "stole" Aquaman's intended premine.  The source code clearly intended the first five blocks as the developer's premine:
Code:
	int64 nSubsidy = 10 * COIN;
if (nHeight < 5)
{
nSubsidy = 50000 * COIN;
}
return nSubsidy + nFees;
but failed to include any hardcoded checkpoints.

Given the low initial difficulty, someone with high initial hashing power, or some lead time on getting the source code, could have mined from block zero and grabbed those first 5 blocks.

Odd.  I asked point-blank what the premine was and you can see the reply was 140 block for 200,000 coins.  This tells me one of a couple things.  OP Lied when asked the question, or didn't know.  I'm not sure which is a bigger concern.

Not sure why anyone would be interesting in this in the least, but to each his own.

It clearly wasn't 140 blocks.  Looks like 5 blocks, for a total of 250,000?

And as to your second question about why anyone would be mining this: Because cryptsy will add it, and then we'll be rich! Wink

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:23:08 PM

OP didnt hardcode any checkpoints, and someone stole his premine. Hilarious.

This forum is fucking amateur hour, I swear. Stop releasing coins if you dont know what youre doing. Cheesy

Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:23:40 PM

We need a page to track all the alts and how fast they failed, at least Aquaman will be successful at something then.
A simple webpage listing every altcoin in chron order, its start date, and linking its main thread here on the forum would be super useful, wouldn't it?

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:26:30 PM

Wait , wait someone stole dev's premine  ? This is epic...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:28:02 PM

so own up who took the 250k coins?  start a giveaway at the least

ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

I love dem altcoins... until you realize that it failed miserably and the premined coins got stolen.
dubs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

OP didnt hardcode any checkpoints, and someone stole his premine. Hilarious.

This forum is fucking amateur hour, I swear. Stop releasing coins if you dont know what youre doing. Cheesy

because its a garbage coin
MashRinx

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:36:29 PM

It clearly wasn't 140 blocks.  Looks like 5 blocks, for a total of 250,000?

And as to your second question about why anyone would be mining this: Because cryptsy will add it, and then we'll be rich!

Yes, totally agree 5 * 50,000.  On your second point...  GL with that!  Smiley
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:42:18 PM

Your description says you have community support.... you and your dog =\= community support

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

well at least he could compile it for windows, better than some that launch here. Guess all the great support and things that will out do dgc etc are not going to happen if the dev doesn't have any incentive with the 250k coins getting taken.

Ah well it was fun as always mining a few blocks solo. I know most of these are going to be worth nothing but i'm addicted to trying to instamine a few blocks it's like the rush of sniping on ebay. I think im ill in someway.

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:45:54 PM

I heard this is much better than VanillaIceCoin!
MashRinx

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:47:50 PM

I heard this is much better than VanillaIceCoin!

I do have to admit I considered posting a pic, but restrained myself.
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:48:09 PM

Your description says you have community support.... you and your dog =\= community support

All shit clone coins since FTC always claim community support instead of actual innovation.
It's a nice way of saying "I'm stupid and this is a scam, but if we all look the other way we can make easy money".

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:49:34 PM

All shit clone coins since FTC always claim community support instead of actual innovation.

+1
Charles999

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:53:08 PM

any luck mining this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: