Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is the bitcoin price determined?  (Read 1341 times)
dyewic

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:47:25 AM

Bitcoin price is determined by the buyers and the sellers promptly. But on the long run, the expectations are the real drivers of the price change. If most of the people expect higher price for the future the demand will grow and it will cause less people to sell so it will modify the price upwards. If people expect the bubble to burst it will move the price down. Expectations are driven by the news on the market. News are driven by the media and social media (and I don't know whom the media is driven by...)

I strongly agree on your opinion that, Bitcoin price is determined by the buyers and the sellers promptly. But on the long run, the expectations are the real drivers of the price change. And adding also my opinion that, We could say that there is a starting price since miners consumer a lot of electricity to mine a Bitcoin. That starting price would be the electricity consumed. After that it's basically offer and demand. In addition, There is no limit to the price increase or decrease in Bitcoin, there is no upper and lower limit as in central markets, because it is an anonymous digital currency, decentralized, and Bitcoin's transfer is very easy.
JaneFaure

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:49:00 AM

I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?

Hey!
I have read a lot of good articles here: cryptodetail.com
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:05:50 PM

I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?

As you all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency with no fair value and its price is determined by the demand and supply of the trader's who are trading at the regular trading exchanges. The buyer's demanding price to buy and the seller's demanding price to sell decide's the bitcoin trading price and by this way the price is calculated and the difference between the bid and ask price is called the spread. And many countries exchanges are having their own prices according to their country's local demand and supply which can be used for arbitrage trading for example like ZEBPAY exchange in INDIA.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:15:22 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin price is determined by the behaviour of buyers and sellers. And it may be effected if the economist of the world.
more precisely the bitcoin price will continue to rise if more demand and vice versa, the price will discard if the margin is very low and the sellers start selling the assets (Bitcoin) they have.

ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:18:56 PM

The bitcoin price is determined like a normal market on it supply and demand. You can monitor it by simply updating the price on your wallet to see whether it grows or it drops. It is always best to keep an eye on the price to know when to buy and when to sell your bitcoins.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:22:07 PM

a lot of things that can determine the price of  bitcoin. such as volume and spreading. if the volume and spreading increase, the bitcoin price will rise. if it weakens, it will down
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:23:02 AM

There is no exact theory, technology or any devices that will know what will be the market value or price of bitcoin every time.
But somehow you can consider the external factors that affects the market value; the demands of the investors, economy of scale , season and etc.
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

It determined by using a chart like the chart in the bitcoin wallet like coins.ph or in the blockchain , all of these can determine the price of the bitcoin in this day.
hoodi

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

Noone knows for sure, many factors influence it. Like 2 days ago news about coinmarketcap crashed all crypto prices.

Ayaancool

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

We can't determine the exact price of Bitcoin . Bitcoin is an electronic currency which is always fluctuates it's price is called crypto currencies.  So no one determine an exact price in case of cryptos only speculations is possible.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:24:37 PM

supply and demand on exchanges. More people placing buy orders higher the price goes. If you would like to know why more people would be placing those buy orders, that really depends
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:32:58 PM

This is basic demand and supply behaviour. When the demand is higher than the supply, the rarity increases and that is shown by the growth of the price.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

This is something that can not be ascertained because the price of Bitcoin every day change fox. Wink
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 610

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:59:36 PM

This is basic demand and supply behaviour. When the demand is higher than the supply, the rarity increases and that is shown by the growth of the price.
Yes.It's basically the supply and demand which i think will determine bitcoin price.In times where most of the people have bought bitcoins and invested them,the demand gradually increases making the supply limited, and eventually its price becomes higher too.But in times where no people bought bitcoins,they just make sellings of them,eventually the demand decreases making the supply higher,and thus the price becomes low.

roobooth

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

The price of Bitcoin is not the same as its value. Price is determined by the market in which it trades: by means of supply and demand. This is the same way the price of your secondhand car, a bag of apples in the supermarket, an ounce of gold and just about everything else is determined.

Traders with bank accounts in our supported countries can trade Bitcoin on the Luno Exchange, which sets the specific price at a specific time for a specific market. Luno doesn’t set the price: the traders (buying and selling on Luno) do.

Put simply, it is the ongoing interaction between buyers and sellers trading with each other that determines the specific price of Bitcoin (and everything else).   

However, when determining price, one must also consider the amount that buyers are currently willing to pay for the future value of a specific item. In other words, if the market believes the price of something --like property, a certain stock or Bitcoin-- will increase in the future, they are more likely to pay more for it now.
Some of the instances where Bitcoin currently has utility was mentioned above, but since Bitcoin is an evolving and improving technology, many are optimistic that there are many other use cases to come. Some, perhaps, that we haven’t even thought of yet.
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:19:16 AM

I think there are some of the same thread in this forum discussing about this question.
Anyway, every price in the world is based on supply and demand and thats is basic. More supply with less demand make the price low and also the opposite.
mrdownhead123

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:50:44 AM

it is based on the demand and the supply that produce or service desire by the buyers. if the supply is high the demand reduced. and if the demand is higher the price of btc, less the demand the people goods. if the supply is high the higher the quantity supplied.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:58:21 AM

On my own understanding,bitcoin price depends on the supply and demand on the market, the more people that invests to it, the higher the price it will get, and when there will be many widthrawals of bitcoin, it's value will het lower. But there are also some instances that are being considered. You can research the web to understand it better.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

As you all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency with no fair value and its price is determined by the demand and supply of the trader's who are trading at the regular trading exchanges. The buyer's demanding price to buy and the seller's demanding price to sell decide's the bitcoin trading price and by this way the price is calculated and the difference between the bid and ask price is called the spread. And many countries exchanges are having their own prices according to their country's local demand and supply which can be used for arbitrage trading for example like ZEBPAY exchange in INDIA.

Yeah, i totally agree on your reply. I've noticed that in every exchange they have different prices on selling and buying which is due to supply and demand of that exchange.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

Bitcoin pricing depends on the quantity of the demand over the total supply available in the market. If the demand is greater than the supply then the price would go up, but if the demand is lower than the supply, then the price would go down. Research the Law of supply and demand for better understanding how the pricing works. But bitcoin is very volatile due to some holders who will hold bitcoin for a long time then in a moment they will sell it all out. If they buy some bitcoin and hold it, it will affect the total supply in the market resulting to an increase in price because the demand of people is always increasing.  If they sold it all in an instant, then the total supply would be affected again thus an increase in supply results decrease in the price.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: