Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:48:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is the bitcoin price determined?  (Read 1336 times)
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:21:09 AM

I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?

I am not familiar with the specific rules as to how it really works. But as far as what I did know it is based on the law of supply and demand. The higher the demand and the lesser the supply, the better will be the price. But how I wish anybody could get first hand info about this as to its formula. Maybe we can apply the ideas on other trades.
Its hard to evaluate the price of bitcoin or any altcoins in the market ,it really needs a deep knowledge and mathematical experties but as far as i know, bitcoin's price ia determine depends on the demand and supply like in the physical market if the fish is limited then the price would be high and should meet the budget of the people, same with the bitcoin as the supply is below the demand, the price would be low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:34:25 PM

The price really depends on the behavior of the buyer and the seller, this is how we determined demand and supply affect also the price of bitcoin. In the future, the price of bitcoin will surely go even higher since the demand for this is continue to increase.
Yes, I agree the price is determined by the number of Bitcoin supply and demand. If more and more demand price Bitcoin will continue to rise and vice versa. Best wishes and I hope there are still many people who need Bitcoin.

Yeah i totally agree thats why bitcoins price have value. because of the mass adoption and more people are getting in bitcoin stuff and whales manipulating the market the pump and dump of it is giving bitcoin and altcoins unstable pricing in the market.
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:16:02 PM

the bitcoin price is determined according to market conditions, in terms of economic laws, the more bitcoin users the price of bitcoin increases, so the opposite is, the lower the users of bitcoin the lower the bitcoin

But that can not be made a core of the high price of Bitcoin or falling prices. until now I don't know how to know the price of Bitcoin will be high or down in the future.

yes, and it's because bitcoin is different than the other and it's not controlled by anyone and it makes the price is up and down. but in the future, I really believe that the price will be in highest price because bitcoin still new things that people don't know and they don't know either about how the bitcoin price is determined. so there will be a war from buy position and sell the position and the price will always change.

I really doubt that BTC price is so uncontrolled by anyone. We can`t say that Bitcoin’s price is exactly set by anyone, but I`m sure that it is controlled by smb. 
Actually, the prices is always controlled by somebody and the best way if this is controlled by the real market user.

As was mentioned in the December`s article in Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-08/the-bitcoin-whales-1-000-people-who-own-40-percent-of-the-market) there are so called "The Bitcoin Whales" - 1,000 People Who Own 40 Percent of the Market, so You could imagine what result could be from such decentralized ownership.

As there was stated in this article: "What’s more, the whales can coordinate their moves or preview them to a select few. Many of the large owners have known one another for years and stuck by bitcoin through the early days when it was derided, and they can potentially band together to tank or prop up the market."

And as was mentioned a week ago in the quoted post, now we all know at least one of those influencers that dumps the BTC price during for several monthes)
His name is Nobuaki Kobayashi and he is the Tokyo attorney and bankruptcy trustee for the now-defunct Mt. Gox exchange! He sold about $400 million of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash since late September - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-07/bitcoin-s-tokyo-whale-sold-400-million-and-he-s-not-done-yet
The most interesting thisng to know was the amount of BTC (equal 3000 BTC) that he usually sold at the market in one round that made so damage to the market price.
Hope he will not sell more with such technique and in a such robust way!

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

I think the value of bitcoin is determined by the number of buyers and sellers. If the number of buyers increases, it will increase and vice versa. In addition, the value of bitcoin is affected by the approval of many countries.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:52:37 PM

Since the Crypto currency is decentralized, it is relatively unregulated and nobody manages it. This means that the formation of its price depends solely on the demand for it and its offer for sale. Due to the fact that the supply-demand ratio often changes, the crypto-currency is inherently unstable. This is one of the main reasons why crypto currency can not replace conventional paper money.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:52:33 PM

To me this is a balance of what one person is ready to pay for what other people are also ready to sell. Overall raft of emotional factors, supply and demand and others. If there is more income the price will be lower with limited inventory or price rise. Cool
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:15:28 PM

I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?

I am not familiar with the specific rules as to how it really works. But as far as what I did know it is based on the law of supply and demand. The higher the demand and the lesser the supply, the better will be the price. But how I wish anybody could get first hand info about this as to its formula. Maybe we can apply the ideas on other trades.

People or consumers place a value on it on the first time when it came from the market and as the time goes by, the value just increases because of the demand and bitcoins earn more and more popularity each month and year and now it already reached a stable price on $10k dollars.

And2816

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:13:26 AM

цeнa oпpeдeляeтcя oт пoпyляpнocти биткoинa
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:18:37 AM

There is no parameter for determining the price of Bitcoin. Actually Bitcoin is not a useful thing it is the asset to invest your money. The value of Bitcoin totally depends on buyer and seller. 
Spain2000

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:56:51 AM

Bitcoin price can be determined by the demand and supply forces these are the market factors which determined the prices of this digital currency and it is good to buy some of the altcoin too because the prices are good to buy and the long term holding is very good. Bitcoin in the present time the most valuable currency and i have to use this for the future payments.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

The price of bitcoin is not stable  based on the demand and supply of the currency, buyers and sellers of the currency. The value  actully continue to change depending  on the price that the buyers and the sellers agreed on.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

The price of bitcoins is determined by various economic factors such as the demand and supply of bitcoins as well as for any commodities, the demand for bitcoins increases every time as every day new people are getting into the bitcoin community as many find this bitcoin technology as an easy to make profit making scheme as many early investors of the bitcoins are millionaires of the time. Bitcoins are only limited to 21 million bitcoins out of the 21 million bitcoins around 16 million bitcoins have already been mined but it will take more than 150 years to complete the bitcoin mining even after completing the mining the value of bitcoins keeps on increasing due to high demand for bitcoins in the crypto market.

zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

The value of bitcoin price is determined by many of its devotees. If many buy bitcoins at the same time or in large quantities then bitcoin prices will rise, on the contrary if many who sell it simultaneously or sell with many numbers it will automatically affect the price of bitcoin will fall. I think it is these factors that can affect the value of bitcoin prices.
lavishlife

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

NO ONE CAN PREDICT THE EXACT PRICE, BUT WE CAN PREDICT THE CLOSEST PRICE, USE TA!  Grin
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:07:26 AM

The price is always combinations between supply and demand. I think the reason for the current spike in Bitcoin price is the increasing interest from institutional players (banks, funds, high net worth individuals). Since there is so much money out there - the price still can go up once the big guys will get more confident.

Agree with your point of view. It's value matter in the combinations of both the supply and demand. Once the big players invest more in crypto world then the price will going high and this is the time that we can determined exactly the price of bitcoin.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:23:24 PM

Actually no one people who can determine the price of bitcoin since the bitcoin was discovered. Each of us have no idea when does the price of bitcoin increase or decrease which it's volatile that can change it's value from time to time. Also, we need to aware that the bitcoin is dominant of all crypto currency that most of the altcoins rely the value of bitcoin which the altcoins is also hard to determine.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:46:44 PM

The major factors that influence the bitcoin price is the supply and demand forces that drive the momentum and volatility of the bitcoin price behavior. It took me few years of practice to identify the value of the supply and demand of the price action. Anyways if you are interested in finding the ways to identify the supply and demand forces then you need to master the skills of chart analysis with the help of technical analysis patterns.Let me know if there is any help needed from my side.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:52:19 PM

Lots of answers but a lot missing the most important point.

There is no such thing as a global bitcoin price.
Just check bitfinex and bitstamp. One it's at '72 and one at '67.
What is the real price? Both and none at the same time.

The price fluctuates not form second to second but from exchange to exchange, from website to website from trader to trader.
Probably the best example of a truly free market where demand and offer reign supreme and you can have situations where in your country nobody on localbitcoins wants to sell you coins for 6k let's say but in Germany they sell it 100$ cheaper.

That's a really good answer. I'd like add that the price is determined by the amount the last buyer was prepared to pay. 

ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:55:16 PM

he bitcoin price is determined like a normal market on it supply and demand. You can monitor it by simply updating the price on your wallet to see whether it grows or it drops.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:00:11 PM

The price of bitcoins is determined by various economic factors such as the demand and supply of bitcoins as well as for any commodities, the demand for bitcoins increases every time as every day new people are getting into the bitcoin community as many find this bitcoin technology as an easy to make profit making scheme as many early investors of the bitcoins are millionaires of the time. Bitcoins are only limited to 21 million bitcoins out of the 21 million bitcoins around 16 million bitcoins have already been mined but it will take more than 150 years to complete the bitcoin mining even after completing the mining the value of bitcoins keeps on increasing due to high demand for bitcoins in the crypto market.
That makes sense. Yes, bitcoins don’t rely on the prices rather this price is itself a factor that is based on selling and buying. People from all over the world are continuously investing in bitcoins. Some are selling and some are buying. This chain goes well until panic selling comes in the game. Thus, all such demand and supply routine is disturbed and prices start fluctuating.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: